PDA

View Full Version : Seibuhkan

Osoto2000
12th September 2000, 00:21
I,ve just heard of someone teaching a style of Judo he calls Seibuhkan Judo, Could someone please let me know what Seibuhkan means please,
Thanks,

MarkF
12th September 2000, 09:23
Would that be Dai Nippon Seibukan Renmei budo/bugei kai?

Ray,
This goes back a long way, and only one person now says it exists: one George Parulski. He has shortened to name to Seibukan USA, but the only other two people who claim rank in it say it was dissolved. He also was a member of the International Society of Tradtional Judo, another with a questionable past. Mr. Parulski now calls it the American Society of Traditional Judo.

BTW: Weren't you the one who went and bought a C/D hoping to find the Go No Kata?:D

I have had an interesting email rendevous with George and he claims no ties anymore to the other two people in question, but, as someone found out when buying his product, it usually isn't what is claimed.:bandit:

Mark

Osoto2000
15th September 2000, 00:27
Thanks Mark,
I'm not sure if this is the same thing you've suggested but this chap is called Charles Looker and runs a Dojo called the Tigers pit Grappling Academy and from his intro he implies he invented the style himself. and is the president of the Canadian Sebuhkan Judo Society, his web page can be found on http://www.tpga.on.ca

BTW nope not me with the CD sorry:(