PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here a vegetarian?

Dan Hall
6th May 2003, 03:43
Or vegan, or partial vegetarian, or fruitarian?

I've been into natural hygiene and raw foodism for quite some time. While I haven't committed myself to eating nothing but raw food (and probably never will), I do understand the importance of eating a diet high in raw fruits and vegetables. I've come to the conclusion that so long as one eats more raw fruits and veggies, the less cooked foods (i.e., meats, carbs, fats, etc.) one will crave. Of course, I believe cooked and raw fish is very good for the body (supposing you like fish). But I haven't consumed red meat or dairy products (with one or two exceptions) in about two years. Needless to say, I don't have half the health problems as most of my friends.

--Dan Hall

dlm303
6th May 2003, 15:19
I guess I'm a partial vegetarian. I stopped eating all meat, including fish, about two years ago. After almost a year, I re-incorporated seafood into my diet, mostly for the protein. I'm now working on adding more fruits and veggies (raw and cooked) and reducing dairy and pasta. I don't know if I'm healthier than my friends, but I definitely feel better than I did when I was still eating meat.

Qasim
6th May 2003, 17:51
Most of us in this country eat TOO much meat, that is the problem. If we simply reduced the amount of meat in our diets, we would see a marked improvement in our general health. Eating meat is not the problem, it's the lack of balance in the diet.

joe yang
6th May 2003, 18:39
I was a vegetarian for awhile as a young man. I worked for a while as a vegetarian/macrobiotic cook. I eat meat now, in modest amounts, and not every day. I don't think I could train as hard as I do on a strictly vegetarian diet, but I am trying to bulk up considerably and improve my speed and cardio at the same time, a tall order. I trained to 1st dan on a vegetarian diet.

Sidarta
6th May 2003, 20:38
I am a vegetarian. I don't think it ever affected my performance negatively in anything. Martial arts Included.

My girlfriend is a vegan and I think it is all the same for her. Also including martial arts.