PDA

View Full Version : Ignore this thread

gmanry
9th May 2003, 20:29
Accidentally hit new thread, please ignore

gmanry
9th May 2003, 21:02
Ok, I put up ignore this thread, and there have already been 13 views....what is wrong with this picture.

Shitoryu Dude
9th May 2003, 21:14
The lure of the forbidden. Get used to it.

:beer:

stencil
9th May 2003, 21:17
Me too.

CEB
9th May 2003, 21:29
Originally posted by Shitoryu Dude
The lure of the forbidden. Get used to it.

:beer:

Yes forbidden fruit. Sort like Katrina Witt before the fall of Communism in Europe.

MarkF
10th May 2003, 07:51

bgb
10th May 2003, 20:24
Originally posted by MarkF

. . .

Barb Bloom

John Lindsey
10th May 2003, 23:41
Ok, lets all ignore it or post useless karate pics

gmanry
11th May 2003, 01:42
That is just sick and wrong. Seeing as I work for a youth mentoring organization, I just have to point out the wrongness of that photo.

Plus, Miagi was cool man, Daniel deserved the beatings he got, but Miagi was cool. Every kid would have loved to have met a Mr. Miagi.

Of course, he was painfully stereotypical too...

MarkF
11th May 2003, 12:22
I remember Pat Morita from his days as a standup comedian so I think he would see the humor in it. Of course, back then (1960s) all his material was concerning things which were very stereotypical, such as the fact that he was an Irish, Italian Japanese (you can use your imagination to put in the "words" people used for their ethnicity. Mr. Miagi was no different as Pat or Noriyuki when he was going for the gold, a laugh). He was also Captain Pak on MASH in the 1970s and was funny enough as a Korean Captain and doctor.

Mark

Prince Loeffler
12th May 2003, 00:57
Hey Kenzo :D

I guess now would not be a good time to tell you about Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny and uh..Peter Pan ? :D :D :D

gmanry
12th May 2003, 01:00
Don't get me wrong, I think the picture is funny as hell, but is also sick and wrong...

Personally, Miagi was a genius, he got his decks sanded, cars waxed, house painted, fished alot, and got to see this complete wuss get his butt beat repeatedly (worth money). Then he got to be the hero. Man, what a scheme.

Oh, and I noted this thread has been rated as a 5 star discussion...:eek:

Goju Man
12th May 2003, 12:42
Say what! Are you saying Mr. Miyagi is not a real Sensei but and actor?

No way! He is real! He is the grandson of Chojun Myagi!! :p

Michael Price
12th May 2003, 13:09
Originally posted by gmanry
That is just sick and wrong. Seeing as I work for a youth mentoring organization, I just have to point out the wrongness of that photo.

Plus, Miagi was cool man, Daniel deserved the beatings he got, but Miagi was cool. Every kid would have loved to have met a Mr. Miagi.

Of course, he was painfully stereotypical too...

youth mentoring organization... you mean a school!!:D

gmanry
12th May 2003, 13:42
Nope.

kage110
12th May 2003, 15:20
Kenzo wote:

I predict it will get 100 views and 20 replies by Monday

Well I have added to the views and here is my reply too! The temptation of looking at thread entitled 'Ignore' was just too hard to resist!:D

I never did like Daniel-san but I would have loved to have a Mr Miyagi living down the street from when I was a kid. Still would!:p

Hugh

sammycerv
12th May 2003, 17:33
For a thread that I am supposed to ignore, I keep clicking on to it. Just like when your parents tell you not to touch the boiling pot and you touch it anyway.

Budoka 34
12th May 2003, 18:43
Well I managed to ignore it for three days, then curiosity got the best of me!:D

I still use "wax on and wax off" and "paint the fence" when I work with tots classes.;)

Ooops, hope that's not copy righted!:look:

:smilejapa

CEB
16th June 2003, 00:35
Springfield Boxing Club, 1620 S. Sherman, Springfield, IL, 62707, Ph: 217.496.2586, Email: Boxrcoach3@aol.com