PDA

View Full Version : Announcement: Yoshida-han Bujutsu

Richard Elias
14th May 2003, 04:20
To Whom It May Concern,

Long time Shidare Yanagi ryu practitioners Richard Elias, John Lovato, and Joe Neal have formally left the Hombu dojo and are no longer students of Don Angier.

We will continue practicing the art as we have learned it, in its entirety. We will also continue to maintain its high standards, and to uphold the reputation and honor of the Yoshida family martial traditions.

In honoring the wishes of Angier sensei, since we are no longer students of his dojo, we will not be referring to the art we practice as Yanagi ryu or be representing Yanagi ryu in any way.
Henceforth, we will be referring to the traditions we have learned as Yoshida-Han Bujutsu.

We wish to thank Angier sensei for all he has done for us, and for allowing us to learn the art he has been entrusted with. Our experience with him has been both rewarding and fulfilling.

We look forward to what the future has to offer.
We will still be present at the Aiki Expo, performing a demonstration and conducting workshops.
We are also in the process of setting up a dojo in the Southern California area to continue our practice and to share what we have learned with others.

Richard Elias
John Lovato
Joe Neal
Yoshida-Han Bujutsu

O'Neill
14th May 2003, 16:47
Are these individuals all "senior" exponents of the art? I am happy that the split is being handled with such politeness and courtesy, a sign of true maturity and proper training.

Richard Elias
14th May 2003, 17:04
We're not all real old, if that's what you mean.:)

We have all learned the complete curriculum of the art.

clayton
14th May 2003, 19:14
richard,
i hope everything goes well with your journey. and ifya need anything from the bay area for your school, just send an email.
-clayton

T. ALVAREZ
15th May 2003, 06:18
It is my great pleasure to also congratulate Johnny, Joe and Rich in the next step of their budo career.
They are three of the best students to ever come from the Yanagi Ryu system and have a complete understanding of what it takes to express the technique of the Yoshida Han Bujutsu tradition.

As one of their biggest supporters. I would like to wish them all of the best in the soon to be opening of their new dojo and future.

From all of us at the Senpokan Dojo we wish you the best of luck.

Big Tony
Senpokan Dojo
Bugei Trading Co.

James Williams
15th May 2003, 14:14
I have known John Lovato, Richard Elias, and Joe Neil for over ten years. They are dedicated practitioners of high character. They devoted themselves to training under Don Angier sensei, Soke of the Yanagi ryu, and the demo that they did, with Angier sensei, at the last Aiki Expo was truly exceptional.

I congratulate them on taking the next step into teaching with full faith that they will be as good as teachers as they were as students. They have my full support and good wishes in this endeavor and I recommend them to anyone interested in studying the traditions of the Yoshida han.

Sincerely,

James Williams
Nami ryu Aiki Heiho
Shihokaze dojo
Shimbukan Kuroda dojo

Mark Jakabcsin
15th May 2003, 16:12
Great martial artists, great friends. Can't say much more than that.

mark

ps. Reminder to send back the Spetnaz tape. That is my only copy. Thanks.

Mark Barlow
15th May 2003, 16:41
While I've long known of Angier Sensei, I have never met him or any of his students butI'm very impressed with the way this departure by senior students from the Hombu is being handled. Whatever their reason for leaving may be, they seem to be conducting themselves with dignity and honor.

Richard Elias
15th May 2003, 18:48
Thanks to all for the well wishes and support, from what's been posted to all the PM's. It's really appreciated. We hope we can live up to all your expectations and uphold the reputation of the Yoshida family arts.

Mark... Dude...I am SO sorry. I totally forgot. I have no excuse, except for too much stuff going on. I am a worm. I'll get it out to you on Friday. I sooooo owe you. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nathan Scott
15th May 2003, 19:59
Good luck lads! Which one of you is going to grow the white goatee? ;)

Mark Jakabcsin
15th May 2003, 20:22
Mark B.,
Let's not forget to heap praise on Don A. as well and his handling of the new arrangement. Frequently it isn't the students that start the mud slinging but the jilted teacher. Kudos to all involved and best wishes to conerned.

Rich,
No big deal, it's not like I am sitting here craving to watch more RMA videos......well ok maybe I am but that is a personal problem; plus I have received several new ones to tide me over. See you in September.

mark

Mark Barlow
15th May 2003, 20:28
Not knowing the particulars of the situation, I'll assume that everyone is acting honorably. Too often these kind of situations create bad blood that splatters everyone.

T. ALVAREZ
15th May 2003, 20:44
Let's just say that it was time for the birds to leave the nest. They were ready and Don new it as well.
There is no bad blood and everyone is looking to the future as it is sure to be a good one for all involved.

Big Tony
Senpokan Dojo
Bugei Trading Co.

Joseph Svinth
16th May 2003, 02:32
It's all Neil's fault.

Walker
16th May 2003, 05:46
Originally posted by Joseph Svinth
It's all Neil's fault. Hurricane started by a butterfly wing... wait! Who am I kidding? Butterfly?!?

tora dojo
16th May 2003, 17:58
A very right and proper sengen, ganbatte!
I wish you luck in your venture,

Neil Yamamoto
16th May 2003, 18:56
Serious thread drift, but Joe is right. It is my fault. :p

Yes Doug, I am a beautiful Butterfly! :rolleyes:

Back on track here, speaking on behalf of Bernie Lau and me, we support the guys in their efforts too. The boys are good at what they do and they've been good friends as long as we've known them.

As to Don and Yanagi Ryu, We both have known Don for many years and think highly of him and his accomplishments. Don and his help to Bernie and me helped Bernie develop his experiences into Icho Ryu and from my own perspective, I've benefited from that enormously. I can't even begin to pay back what that means to me. giri!

I remember when John, Rich, and Joe were just wanna be Yanagi ryu-sters in Texas and N. Cali. We were all so young and skinny back then. :D

Richard Elias
30th September 2003, 20:49
Richard Elias, John Lovato, and Joe Neal, in collaboration with Tony Alvarez, would like to announce the opening of their new dojo in Costa Mesa California.

The dojo will be the new home of Yoshida-Ha Bujutsu and the Senpokan dojo.

Training in Yoshida-Ha Bujutsu, with Elias, Lovato, and Neal, will include instruction in the arts passed on by the Yoshida family. It is a comprehensive traditional system containing within its teachings all of the major sub-arts that were taught to the bushi for the performance of their duties as samurai.

Aiki Jujutsu Empty-hand arts
Kenjutsu Sword arts
Tantojutsu Knife arts
Naginatajutsu Glaive arts
Tessenjutsu Iron Fan arts
Jojutsu Staff arts
Juttejutsu Arresting-truncheon arts
Hojojutsu Rope binding arts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Training in the arts of the Senpokan, with Tony Alvarez, will include instruction in:

Yamazaki-Ha Tate Do - This style is a form of Iai and Kenjutsu and is based on of the teachings that Kiyoshi Yamazaki Sensei received in both Batto Jutsu and Kashima Shinto Ryu Kenjutsu.

Toyama Ryu Battojutsu - Tony is the West Coast representative for the Zen Nihon Toyama Ryu Iaido Renmei under Hataya Mitsuo Kaicho.

Mugai Ryu – Tony is Shibucho of North American Mugai ryu Iai Hyodo Renmei as appointed by Gyokusui Toyoaki Niina, the 16th Soke of Mugai ryu.

Training in Senpokan will focus on Iai, Kenjutsu, Kodachi, Yari, and Tameshigiri.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our new dojo will also be the home of a Takamura-Ha Shindo Yoshin Ryu study group lead by Richard Elias and Tony Alvarez, under the guidance of Menkyo Kaiden Toby Threadgill.

Enrollment in all of the above will be limited by available mat space.

775 Newton Way
Costa Mesa, CA 92627

For student inquiries and information on class times and directions please email:

Yoshida-Ha Bujutsu – yoshidaha@hotmail.com

Senpokan – bigtony@senpokan.com

Shindo Yoshin Ryu study group –
Richard Elias - shidare@hotmail.com
Tony Alvarez - bigtony@senpokan.com

glad2bhere
1st October 2003, 12:46
Dear Richard:

From your past posts I have concluded that you and many of your cohorts take a pretty conservative approach to the JMA, so perhaps you will forgive me if I am a little surprised to see your announcement. All the same, time are changing so I can probably understand this. Would you be willing, however, to provide a little insight into how students inquiring into training at the new school will be considered or accepted. Put another way, how do traditionalists in JMA reconcile the modern while still keeping faith with the past? If any of the other folks would like to chime in, as a pretty traditional teacher myself, I would enjoy hearing anyones' comments.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

Richard Elias
1st October 2003, 18:22
Hey Bruce,

That's an interesting question, I'm not quite sure how to respond.

I actually don't see much of an issue myself.

Our teacher operated several public dojo in the years before his retirement. Outside of seminar venues this will be the first time to my knowledge these arts have been offered to the general public in about 20 years.

We will be operating a tradition dojo and the arts will be taught in the traditional manner. Just because we are making it available to the public doesn't mean we will be lowering the standards or expectations that the art requires of its practitioners. We will not compromise the art for the sake of public consumption. We are not in it to make a ton of money, there will be no kids classes and no ranks. We just want to train and share what we have learned. All we ask of potential students is desire, dedication, and a willingness to learn. I believe the training itself will weed-out those who can't meet up to the arts standards. Additionally, we only really have the mat space to accomodate a maximum of about 15 students. With the three of us in every class I feel we can give quality instruction, and the students the attention necessary.

T. ALVAREZ
1st October 2003, 20:18
Bruce,
Also, not everyone interested will be accepted.
I know for myself. I still do an interview process and screen anyone who might be a potential student to the fullest. At least for my classes. People are not allowed to stop by unless an appointment had been made.
I have certain requirments that need to be met before a student will be accepted as I don't make money off of budo. So if i'm taking someone on. It is because they have the potential to help progress the arts, not my wallet.
Though the announcment was made public . It does not mean that either group is soliciting ( did I spell that right)students. It is just to let everyone know that is is here and that there will not be anither one like it in the Orance County area.

Trust me. All of the traditionalism and ritualism is very much intact.

I hope this helps.

Big Tony
Senpokan Dojo

Ron Tisdale
1st October 2003, 20:39
Ok, I'm probably going to pay for this...

Additionally, we only really have the mat space to accomodate a maximum of about 15 students.

Is that 15 students including Big Tony? :)

Ron (please don't hurt me) Tisdale

T. ALVAREZ
1st October 2003, 20:43
Ron,
That was good!
Actually, my classes are at different times, so that mat will be able to handle me and many of my 300 lb friends!

Big Tony
Senpokan Dojo

Ron Tisdale
1st October 2003, 21:07
Whew! Am I glad you have a sense of humor! :)

Best of luck to all of you in your endevour...I'm just sorry I'm not in the neighborhood!

Ron

glad2bhere
2nd October 2003, 12:41
Dear Tony, Richard et al:

".....Also, not everyone interested will be accepted.
I know for myself. I still do an interview process and screen anyone who might be a potential student to the fullest......"

I think you may have hit the nail on the head where my concerns were focused. As a traditional teacher albeit in Korean arts, I routinely get folks calling me who have background in MA and maybe even in KMA. The expectation seems to be that their acceptance for instruction with me is all but a foregone conclusion---- as long as money is in hand. I am sure it must come as something of a shock for them to hear me advise them that perhaps my training is not for them, that I have accepted enough private students for the time being, or that I do not recognize their background. I think I am also on reasonable ground when I say that there are probably those in the MA community who must think that such an approach contributes to an "elitist" attitude among MA traditionalist. I am glad to see that there will be some level of selectivity in accepting students to your new venture and wish you the very best of luck.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

rickfine
6th October 2003, 16:43
Congratulations, gentlemen. I wish you the best in your teaching endeavors at your new dojo.

Thanks, also, for the instruction you gave each of us who attended Big Tony's first workshop at Aiki Expo 2003, as well as for the impromptu hojojutsu demonstration the next day on one of my compadres. I will look forward to our next chance to meet.

Richard Elias
23rd October 2003, 08:15
It's still a work in progress... but it's coming along

Richard Elias
23rd October 2003, 08:19
From the other side of the mat...

Cady Goldfield
23rd October 2003, 14:03
Wow. Looking good.
Where did you score all the tatami?! It looks Taiwanese. Hard to find Japanese made tatami that's affordable, but I have some Korean made ones that are very nice and were amazingly inexpensive.

Anyway, I'm drooling over all the space you have. :)

John Lovato
23rd October 2003, 14:39
There Japanese tatami. We bought them used. So we got them for a really good price.

John Lovato
Yoshida-Ha bujutsu

Cady Goldfield
23rd October 2003, 15:21
Man, you guys scored!
I guess used is the only way to go on this side of the Pacific pond. Japanese tatami is only made by a small number of sources now, and it's pricey.

There are Japanese-owned tatami companies in Taiwan that crank it out for much cheaper, and that's why I thought yours might be from there. They typically have the wide black borders because they're less expensive than brocaded borders. But, the weave on your mats (at low resolution, even) looks nicer and tighter than the typical Taiwanese mats.

I'm envious.

Eric Joyce
23rd October 2003, 21:40
Very nice dojo guys. All the best to you. Very nice mats by the way. You all got a good deal.

Richard Elias
23rd October 2003, 22:50
Well.. next week those plugs on either side of the kamiza are coming out and we'll be putting in a dark wood border along the walls to kinda break up all the white and give it some shape. There will be wall-scrolls hung up on both sides of the kamiza with our system on one side and Big Tony's on the other in Japanese calligraphy done by a buddist priest friend of ours. We have a large jin-maku (camp curtain)being made that will heve the large crest on it that you see in the photos, it will be covering most of the wall opposite the kamiza. There will also be mirrors installed on that wall that the curtain will cover when not being used. And the wall near the dojo front entrance (off picture, to the left of the weapons racks) will have formal portraits of our's and Big Tony's teachers. There will also be black carpet put down on the walk-way that runs around the mat area. Plus all the other little bits and pieces, shoe rack, shelving for the dressing room, desk and such for the front office... stuff like that.

I'll probably be putting up more pics as we get it done. If you guys don't mind... it's our first dojo and we're kinda jazzed.

John Lindsey
23rd October 2003, 23:39
Richard,

On your kamidana, your paper is hanging off of the shelf instead of off of a shimenawa. Any reason for this? I am just curious since I never have seen it done that way.

Ernesto Lemke
24th October 2003, 19:46
Originally posted by Richard Elias
There will be wall-scrolls hung up on both sides of the kamiza with our system on one side and Big Tony's on the other in Japanese calligraphy done by a buddist priest friend of ours.

Say hi to Mr. B.B. ;) for me when you see him. He named my dojo and made a very nice gaku too, so the scrolls for you guys will be excellent I'm sure.

Best of luck with the dojo. Looks great!

Ernesto Lemke

John Lindsey
24th October 2003, 20:32
Richard,

I have had problems getting shimenawa in the past, since it seems they are made the end of the year. I think they are supposed to be replaced each year, but that sounds like a good way to keep the shimenawa makers in business :). Mine is about 4 years old and still keeps the kami happy I think..

Budd
24th October 2003, 20:36
It looks like a lot of work and heart have been put into your dojo. Best of luck for a happy and productive future training there.

John Lovato
25th October 2003, 00:38
If anyone is interested I posted a few more pictures in my yahoo account. There is a nice shot of our armor and kamidana.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yoshidaha1/lst?.dir=/Dojo+Pictures&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/

John Lovato
Yoshida-Ha Bujutsu

Mekugi
25th October 2003, 02:41
Where did you get those Tatami??

-Russ

Richard Elias
26th October 2003, 04:54
We bought the mats from a guy who had got them from a Japanese resturant that when out of business. We got quite a good deal on them.

poryu
26th October 2003, 07:35
Hi

I am very impressed with the work you have put into the dojo.

here is a site that sells the ropes and if you play with the site they have anything and everything fro the kamidana/kamiza

http://www.kamidana.co.jp/enza.html

Mark Jakabcsin
26th October 2003, 20:08
Looks great....even on my 12 year old monitor. I look forward to my next trip in your direction to see it in person. Take care.

mark

chrismoses
8th November 2003, 18:16
I'll echo the kudos for a great looking space. I'm assuming the sub floor is concrete, did you float the tatami (tires or rubber) or did you drop it straight on the existing floor?

Just curious, Aaron and Neil are looking at some nicer digs, so we'll be doing some dry-wall waza in the near future ourselves.

Anyway, nice looking space.

John Lovato
8th November 2003, 22:50
Thanks guys,
We put the tatami on the cement floor, its really not bad at all.

John Lovato

Nathan Scott
10th November 2003, 19:51
Cool. What time is tea? :D

John Lovato
6th December 2003, 08:41
Well We are almost done setting up our new dojo. I just uploaded some new photos.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yoshidaha1/album?.dir=/Dojo+Pictures&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/yoshidaha1

John Lovato
Yoshida-Ha Bujutsu

John Lovato
26th February 2004, 14:40
Well we are now about 95% done, and I just thought I'd share some pictures of our dojo. Richard , Tony, Joe and myself have been working pretty hard over the past four months and we are really happy with the way things have turned out. This weekend will be our big dojo opening and party, with friends flying in from all over. It should be allot of fun.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yoshidaha1/album?.dir=/Dojo+Pictures&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yoshidaha1/my_photos

George Kohler
26th February 2004, 15:30
Looks great!!

Joseph Svinth
29th February 2004, 08:15
Think of adding wainscoting at some point. That breaks up the white walls, and is part of a traditional Japanese American dojo ambiance. It isn't shown in the two photos of the Seattle Dojo that I've posted elsewhere, at http://www.michionline.org/fall00/page14.html (outside) and http://www.michionline.org/fall00/page21.html (inside), but it's there.

Some background for those of you who aren't from around here. The Seattle Dojo, at 1510 S. Washington in Seattle's International District, is a frame structure designed by Allen K. Arai in 1933-1934. Arai was a Harvard-trained architect (and semi-pro baseball player) whose subsequent (and more notable) designs include various Buddhist churches in Washington and Oregon. See http://www.historylink.org/_output.CFM?file_ID=139 for details. Arai also designed the Hokubei Butokukai kendo hall at 1212 King Street, which is today the Nisei Vets hall.

The Seattle Dojo opened on Sunday, June 10, 1934. Cost, including land, was $3,000, which, as your grandmother will tell you, was a chunk of change in 1934.

The external dimensions of the building are 30' x 60'. The internal dimensions of the wrestling are 30' x 42', or 80 tatami. According to the Japanese-American Courier, in its description of the building's dedication, "As the visitor enters the door, on his left he will see the shower room and lavatories. On his right is the combination office and dressing room. Before him spreads the raised mat platform, with the alcove or tokonoma set in the wall at the other end. The wainscoting is five feet high, stained and varnished. All the woodwork is of this [clear varnished] color, with the walls of sand finished plaster and the ceiling painted white. The building itself is painted white, with green trimmings." Not mentioned in that quote, but the flooring has truck springs under it, to help absorb the falls.

It's been repaired a few times over the past 70 years, but otherwise, it still looks pretty much the same today as it did in the old photos.

chrismoses
1st March 2004, 16:45
This seems as good a space as any to say thanks and congratulations on the dojo and opening ceremony. Had a blast this weekend meeting a few new people and getting another oportunity to train with some folks who have my highest respects (instead of slummin' in the hood with Jeremy and Neil). :D

Good food, good drink, good company, heck even the budo was passable! After the film gets developed if I have anything worth seeing I'll post a link to my site. The space looks even better in person.

Special thanks and congratulations to Tony, Rich, Joe and Johnny. Toby, thanks again for your generosity and the mat time, I really appreciate it.

All for now, way to go guys.

Henry Walker
5th March 2004, 18:02
Originally posted by John Lovato
Well We are almost done setting up our new dojo. I just uploaded some new photos.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yoshidaha1/album?.dir=/Dojo+Pictures&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/yoshidaha1

John Lovato
Yoshida-Ha Bujutsu

I am still waitinnnnnggg. . .

Shison
8th March 2004, 05:43
Joe,

I seen Mr. Arai's work at the Bussei Kaikan in Wapato. Awesome stuff. I don't know what spoke to me more, the temple itself or the Sumi-E Chrysanthemum at the entrance...

Awesome dojo guys. Wish I could go see it in person, but it's too hectic right now to make it to Woodburn once a week for keiko, let alone a trip to Cali... Maybe later during a vacation I can spend a day hunting down our southern Pacific Coast E-budo folks for a good tip-back of the bubbly& stories...

hyouriittai
12th March 2004, 20:08
The dojo looks beautiful! We have a large space where I study kendo, but the atmosphere is a bit awkward, what with the retro colored stripes running across the wall, and the huge "Jazzercise" logo ont he kamiza wall.

Mr. Buster
14th March 2004, 20:34
My hats of everyone! There are some beautiful pictures here :) Our boxing gym is a dingy ole sweat shop...but it's home:D

T. ALVAREZ
15th March 2004, 20:42
That "retro" stripe thing you are talking about is called a jinmaku or camp curtain! It was used to section off an area in the field.

The "Huge Jazzercise" logo that you are refering to is called a Kamon or just Mon and is the family crest that was handed down to the Yoshida-Ha guys teacher ( my partners)as well as my first teacher. It turned out that both family's had the same Mon which is very common in Japan.

hyouriittai
16th March 2004, 18:34
Originally posted by T. ALVAREZ
That "retro" stripe thing you are talking about is called a jinmaku or camp curtain! It was used to section off an area in the field.

The "Huge Jazzercise" logo that you are refering to is called a Kamon or just Mon and is the family crest that was handed down to the Yoshida-Ha guys teacher ( my partners)as well as my first teacher. It turned out that both family's had the same Mon which is very common in Japan.

Heh, I think you may have misunderstood me (or maybe you're just humoring me?:p ). What I meant was that, our kendou dojo is literally in a Jazzercise building -- with a retro, neon stripe and Jazzercise logo literally painted on our wall. Sorry for the confusion.

T. ALVAREZ
16th March 2004, 18:38
I figured it out later that day when Rich called me and explained!
Too many hours in the office these days is frying my brain.
Sorry about that.

hyouriittai
20th March 2004, 20:11
Originally posted by T. ALVAREZ
I figured it out later that day when Rich called me and explained!
Too many hours in the office these days is frying my brain.
Sorry about that.

Not a problem. :)

Nathan Scott
8th July 2004, 23:33
I've renamed this thread to enhance search results. No disrespect to Tony's Senpokan dojo by means of it's omission from the title, but since this is the AJJ forum I thought it would be best to keep the title OT.

Hope to come visit all of ya soon,

Richard Elias
26th May 2005, 23:05
We just got the beginnings of our website up and wanted to share it with you all. It’s still under construction so some of the links aren’t working yet. There will be some changes in the text due to some recently acquired information about Yoshida Kotaro and his family’s history that we didn’t have when construction on the site began, and we should have the gallery up very soon. The rest of it will be up piece by piece. We plan on having pages on each of the aspects of the art. So check back with us on occasion and see how we’re doing. We hope you’ll like what we have so far.

www.yoshidahabujutsu.com

For anyone interested in contacting us the number on the “location” page is no longer working. I can be contacted at (562) 673-8936 for any inquiries.

Thanks

chrismoses
26th May 2005, 23:15
Nice site Rich, good color and texture pallette but not overly busy. It kind of reminds me of Colin's site.

I can't find the girlie pix though...

Budoka 34
27th May 2005, 04:52
When did Angier Sensei go grey?

That is one individual I truly hope to train with one day.

Great site!

Richard Elias
27th May 2005, 05:21
Thanks a lot.

Angier sensei actually started graying when he was around 30, maybe younger, and used to dye his hair. It has had varying degrees of gray naturally mixed with white for years.

If you want to train with him I suggest you attempt to contact him soon, I’m not sure but he may not be accepting students anymore.

John Connolly
27th May 2005, 14:21
Looking great, Rich!

Now all you need is blood-drip text... :p

I can't wait to see the finished product. Congrats.

SBreheney
27th May 2005, 16:33
An excellent beginning! Congratulations, and best of luck.

TimothyKleinert
8th June 2005, 05:14
Nice Site!

I have one comment, though. The text in the "Lineage" section is very small and hard to read. I had to squint to read it.

But otherwise its very nice.

Richard Elias
8th June 2005, 22:36
Thanks

Actually, much of that section is going to be re-written due to some new information that has come to us recently. We'll address the text size then.

We should also have the gallery up really soon.

Thanks for all the positive comments :)

chrismoses
8th June 2005, 22:46
Thanks

We should also have the gallery up really soon.

Oh, that explains why I couldn't find the girly pix... I'll check back later.

IronFan1
8th June 2005, 23:27
Richard,

Just a suggestion, it would be cool if you guys could put up a video clip section at some point demonstrating techniques with and without weapons. The site is really well done so far I love the look.

Tom Thornton

Joseph Svinth
11th June 2005, 02:49
You might want to check this thread for generic ideas on web sites: http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29994&page=1&pp=15

Regarding yours in particular, my two bits.

That main splash page, with the mon, is slow to download over dialup. It also doesn't tell me why I'm here, which is not good if I'm surfing in. And, if I'm a real computer neophyte, is there anything here besides the mon? Folks who don't know how to put attachments to their e-mails or close links in their browsers aren't going to figure it out unless you say, "Click here," or something equally blunt. The other pages are equally slow over dialup, so I'm guessing that the pix are more than 72 dpi. If so, I'd reduce 'em. First, it makes it faster to download, and second, it discourages piracy.