PDA

View Full Version : Iai in Southern California & Nevada?

ScottUK
17th May 2003, 15:18
Guys & Girls,

I'm off on my hols next week to Las Vegas & Southern California.

Anyone know of any ZNKR Iai schools in the area?

Best wishes,

Scott

Brian Stokes
18th May 2003, 04:34
Hey Scott,

Try contacting Dennis Raultin at www.kryptonian13@hotmail.com. He is the president of the Southern California Iai Federation which is linked in somehow with the kendo in the area. I am pretty sure his group does ZNKR as his instructor is Yamaguchi Sensei, a highly ranked kendo practioner. If he doesn't know, no one will.

Just found their website. Go to http://groups.msn.com/SCIA. Tell Dennis I sent you!

Cheers!

Brian Stokes

Ralutin
19th May 2003, 16:17
Hi Scott,

As Mr. Stokes had correctly posted, I am president of the Southern California Iaido Association (SCIA) and we are affiliated with the Southern California Kendo Federation (SCKF) and All U.S. Kendo Federation (AUSKF). Our head instructor is Takeshi Yamaguchi sensei (kiyoshi 7th dan kendo and renshi 7th dan iaido) . We practice ZNKR seitei iaido as well as Muso Shinden Ryu iaido passed down from Torao Mori sensei (Yamaguchi sensei's sensei). Please feel free to join us for practice! You can visit the websites below or e-mail me for more detailed information. Unfortunately, I don't know of any ZNKR iaido schools in the Las Vegas area.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

P.S.: Thanks for the plug, Brian! ;)

UKPatrick
20th May 2003, 00:57
Mr Scottuk,

you are not on holiday - YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED.
Not even a hard -arsed ( a techichnical English term) Walsallian can plan to practice Iaido on his honeymoon, if he plans to have a happy relationship with his good woman.

Do not waggle your iaito about, act married.

See you in the dojo when, and if, you are allowed out

Patrick

ScottUK
20th May 2003, 03:35
Hehe,

What with the time it takes the missus to get ready, I could get my oku-iai right!

No, I daren't take my iaito on my honeymoon, but if it's ok with you Dennis, I shall stop by to say hello!

Best wishes,

Scott

Ralutin
20th May 2003, 08:01
You're more than welcome to stop by and say "hi," but don't be waggling your iaito out here in public! :nono: