PDA

View Full Version : Unrequested ignores

don
17th May 2003, 19:31
How do I un-ignore folk?

I seem to have a couple whose posts turn up blank except for telling me that I've requested to ignore them, which I haven't. Thanks.

John Lindsey
17th May 2003, 20:02
Go to your User CP and click on "edited ignore list."

don
17th May 2003, 20:51
Originally posted by John Lindsey
Go to your User CP and click on "edited ignore list."

Thanks, but there's nobody listed while in threads, there are folk deleted...

Gene Williams
18th May 2003, 01:20
It could be a blessing, depending on who the people are that are deleted.:D

MarkF
18th May 2003, 08:49
Hi, Don,
I'm not sure exactly what you mean. You have no one on your ignore list, but posts show up edited with the notation that you've requested to ignore the person/people? Is there anything else such as "edited by...?" Sometimes deleted posts are still noted but are no longer there, especially at the start of a new page.

Go back in to "edit ignore list" and then click the save changes (or whatever it says on that button) and then try it.

Other things you can do are just to do a bit of tidying up. You could have a corrupt cookie or something similar. Delete your cookies by logging out, look for the messages, then log back on, empty your cache, and anything else which may have corrupt cookies for E-budo.

Mark

don
18th May 2003, 20:48
Originally posted by MarkF
Hi, Don,
I'm not sure exactly what you mean. You have no one on your ignore list, but posts show up edited with the notation that you've requested to ignore the person/people? Is there anything else such as "edited by...?" Sometimes deleted posts are still noted but are no longer there, especially at the start of a new page.(1)

Go back in to "edit ignore list" and then click the save changes (or whatever it says on that button) and then try it. (2)

Other things you can do are just to do a bit of tidying up. You could have a corrupt cookie or something similar. Delete your cookies by logging out, look for the messages, then log back on, empty your cache, and anything else which may have corrupt cookies for E-budo. (3)

Mark

1) Copied directly from the page: 10-24-2002 04:00 AM This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

2) Tried it, to no avail, but...

3) My situation may be complicated by logging on from a library. I have no connection at home. I do consistently get these ignores, though and would like to erase the nuisance. But if my situation prevents resolution, it is only a nuisance. If you have a solution, thanks for your trouble; if not, thanks for your trouble.

MarkF
19th May 2003, 08:35
I'm sorry I can't help more. I've been posting on this BB since 1999, and is basically my experiences with posting on E-budo and other bulleting boards.

Obviously, it isn't a cookie problem. I had considered that you were posting from a public computer, too but I had even less to offer than what I did.

Again, Apologies.

Mark

Stay tuned, though. Someone may come through here and give you the help you need.

don
19th May 2003, 19:17
No problem. Thanks for trying.

Originally posted by MarkF
I'm sorry I can't help more. I've been posting on this BB since 1999, and is basically my experiences with posting on E-budo and other bulleting boards.

Obviously, it isn't a cookie problem. I had considered that you were posting from a public computer, too but I had even less to offer than what I did.

Again, Apologies.

Mark

Stay tuned, though. Someone may come through here and give you the help you need.