PDA

View Full Version : Movies

Mr Jujutsu
19th May 2003, 22:09
Are there any ninja movies that show acurate ninjitsu? Or are they all just crap?

Dan Hall
19th May 2003, 22:16
I'm pretty sure they're all crap. I believe Stephen K Hayes coreographed some of the sequences in the television movie "Shogun" with Richard Chamberlain, but I never saw those scenes, so I'm not quite sure how accurate they were. Although, those whacky teenage mutant ninja turtles are always good for a laugh!

Dan Hall

Doraggure-su
20th May 2003, 04:39
The closest would be the Shinobi No Mono series of films. Takamatu sensei helped on the first one.

Rokushakubo
20th May 2003, 07:39
I haven't seen it, but Ninja Vengeance (1988) also has Stephen Hayes in it (as himself).

http://uk.imdb.com/Title?0095745

steve schoen
20th May 2003, 16:50
Owl's Castle..... :nin:
Synopsis:

In 1581 Japan's most powerful warlord, Nobunaga 50, 000 soldiers, wages war on the province of Iga. The area is targeted because it is the center of "shinobi," the martial art practiced by Ninja. Nobunaga had become concerned that the Ninja were gaining power and could cause disorder among clans that might result in civil war.
Ten years later, Nobunaga's successor, Hideyoshi Toyotomi,unifies the country as Shogun. Juzo (Kiichi Nakai), one of thefew survivors of Nobunaga's carnage, is a skilled Ninja. After
fleeing from Iga, he stays in the mountains like a hermit until his former master gives him the mission to go to Kyoto, the capital, to assassinate Shogun Hideyoshi. This gives Juzo a
chance also to avenge the massacre of his family at the hands of Nobunaga.

http://blofeld.qbranch.se/~maal01/owls_castle.htm

Good movie. Shinobi No Mono is a good run (only have the first 3 of the series) :cry:

DWeidman
20th May 2003, 21:54
Sure - there are lots of good movies about Ninjutsu.

Take, for instance, The Matrix - Reloaded. There is a lot of kyojutsu, control of the truth, and perserverance.

Most movies with realistic versions of Special Ops (or intel gathering) have all kinds of great Ninjutsu in it.

The mission impossible series comes to mind as well - perhaps a bit over the top, but you get the drift.

Now - if you are asking if there are any movies with historical ninja with ninjato on their back jumping over castle walls and such... well... hm...

-Daniel Weidman
San Diego Bujinkan TenChiJin Dojo

Mr Jujutsu
20th May 2003, 22:18
Thank you. I'll try to watch some of these.

Mr Jujutsu
22nd May 2003, 05:31
How about the tv series "the master" ?