PDA

View Full Version : using the 'quote' function

allan
22nd May 2003, 22:57
Hi,

PLease excuse my ignorance but I have never been able to figure out the QUOTE function on this system. I'm sure it is damned simple yet it has eluded me.

Please guide!

MarkF
23rd May 2003, 10:55
Well, it can be simple or difficult. The most thourough manner of learning this and other functions is to go to the bottom of the page, such as when you click to reply (or the page that you are reading now), you will see a number of functions which are "on." One says 'vB code is on.' Click there, and it will give you more than you probably want, but all or most functions are explained there.

Another way is to hit the quote button in the post that you want to quote, and that will automatically parse the post in lower case brackets in your reply, and other codes needed. If you don't want the entire post quoted, erase the parts you don't want to quote.

The easiest way is to simply do this: {quote}put the quote here{/quote}, but use lower case brackets in place of the uppercase brackets I used. In between the two tags, copy/paste the part of the post you wish to quote in your reply. This will encase the copy/paste you want to place there and it will separate it as a "Quote." It doesn't make it bold or use italics, but it is the easiest way if you don't use the quote button.

Did that confuse you? I'm not sure I can understand it. Click on the vB hyper-link at the bottom just under the rules of the forum on the left. It is stated more clearly there.:confused:

Mark