PDA

View Full Version : Tabi without split toe

Dan Hall
25th May 2003, 02:32
Anyone know if somebody makes a Tabi training shoe or similar but without the split toe?

Dan Hall

Baio
25th May 2003, 03:01
If they didn't ha ve the split toe would they still be tabi? If you're looking for shoues to train in i would just go with any type of martial arts shoe, or wrestling shoes.

BigJon
25th May 2003, 06:39
When I paracticed Chinese arts, My Sifu always had boots. I think if you search for a Chinese Arts/Equpiment/ you will find what I am talking about. They are always listed with WuSHu supplies, and are just refered to as "Shaolin boots", Or "boots". I believe that this is the closest you will find to "Non split toe tabi", Which dont exist. -They wouldnt be tabi if they werent split toed.
Jon Gillespie

Baio
25th May 2003, 06:41
Hmm like these boots? http://shop.store.yahoo.com/1martialarts/kungfuboots.html

BigJon
25th May 2003, 07:05
Whoa, hold on...who said anything about "deluxe" boots? Not me.
Jon Gillespie

Dan Hall
25th May 2003, 13:18
Hmmm, yeah I suppose something like they wore when training in the Kung Fu TV show. They were black, shin high, and very similar to today's tabi only without the split toe.

Elijah
26th May 2003, 00:40
If your not into 'boots' you could give moccasins a try. There are many different qualitys and styles, and they are pretty easy to find.

Just a suggestion.

Elijah McCaughen

Kamiyama
30th May 2003, 09:46
The trainer at R.O.S.S., Scott, has super bada$$ shoes for training in.. the over all best training shoe I have ever used.. for mat work..

I hope this helps..

kamiyama, ralph severe