PDA

View Full Version : Kuroda no jô

Sean Fogarty
13th September 2000, 21:20
I am intrigued with the idea of Ikkaku ryu- as torite. Given that Ikkaku ryu- was founded by the same SMR headmaster-like-person as Ittatsu ryu- nawa jutsu (Matsuzaki Kinzaemon ?Omogatsu), I don't understand how the Ten'ami ryu- could practice nawa jutsu of the Ikkaku ryu- as in _The History of Shindo Muso Ryu Jojutsu_ by Matsui Kenji, translated by Hunter Armstrong.

Also, are the Ten'ami ryu- and Shin Chigiriki still around? Is there any information any of this or Nakayama Hakudo's stuff I might be watching for?

[Edited by Sean Fogarty on 09-15-2000 at 01:39 PM]

Jerry O'Brien
14th September 2000, 12:18
Originally posted by Sean Fogarty

It seems I've been blacklisted from the Rembukan group's activities :(. . . Perhaps it is for the better as I can concentrate on learning what little I can from one line (via Namidome Shigenori Hanshi).
[Edited by Sean Fogarty on 09-13-2000 at 04:25 PM]

Yo Sean:

What the &%$# are you talking about?? You sent us your pre-registration for the October Gasshuku, but we haven’t received the fee. As far as I was aware, we were all expecting to see you there.

I agree with you, that it is best to learn from one single line (teacher). Whichever one you choose is up to you.

Jerry O’Brien
Beikoku Rembukan

Sean Fogarty
15th September 2000, 18:37
Whoops. :o I'll have to get off my arse and move. . .

The original questions still stand, if they are at all clear. . .