PDA

View Full Version : arashi do karate

kzm
27th May 2003, 17:24
hey everyone, iam new here. has anybody heard about this style or know anything about it? i know that "arashi" means storm or somthing, but i don't know about the style.

Shitoryu Dude
27th May 2003, 20:13
A quick web search shows a high concentation of these schools in Alberta, Canada and Romania with a few scattered around the US. I've never heard of it before and it certainly does not ring any bells as being one of the "traditional" ryu, though the web sites state that it is a traditional style. Some of the Japanese history I saw seemed to be a little off, but not anything that couldn't be accounted for by a bit of artistic license.

Gut opinion: most likely a spin-off of a traditional karate ryu by someone who wanted to start his own dojo and implement some stuff he learned from various other schools over the years. Must have been either fairly good at it or a hell of a franchiser to have started so many different dojos.

:beer:

Sochin
27th May 2003, 21:32
welcome to this place.

Please read the three notes at the top of the Karate forum menu, and check the rules at the bottom of each page, especially the one about signing with your full name, ok?

Have fun,

later,

sepai 85
29th May 2003, 12:46
I have never heard of this style but it looks like it transalates my Japanese is horrible please forgive me in advance

arashi-means storm

do or doh-means way or path

kara-means empty

te-hand

so logically I am guessing that arashi do karate means

storm way empty hand

or

empty handed storm way

yours in shugyo