PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a co-moderator ...

Doug Daulton
30th May 2003, 18:47
Fellow karateka,

As I am sure everyone has noticed (or maybe not :)), I've been more or less AWOL for the last year. Work and other non-Internet concerns have taken priority over budo and online discussion thereof. I apologize for leaving everyone hanging and really appreciate everyone pitching in to self-police these forums.

The next 3 months will bring some pretty substantial changes for me and, I hope they will help settle things down and allow me to refocus on training and e-Budo. That said, it is only fair that I at least take on a co-moderator for the Okinawan Martial Arts Forums. If anyone is interested, please reply to this thread or, if you prefer privacy, send me an email or PM. From there, I will get the ball rolling with the rest of the moderators.

Many thanks,

CEB
30th May 2003, 19:23
I don't know if he would do it or not. But Victor would be good. Everybody likes Victor,he is a good man.

Gene Williams
30th May 2003, 19:54
Hell, why not Ed:D He has a good bit of seniority. He's a musician, but we can overlook that:D Gene

Goju Man
13th June 2003, 23:18
I vote for Gene. He has interesting stories about muscles, all thirty two.:D

Gene Williams
14th June 2003, 00:16
How about Troof? The same muscles that work his asshole work his mouth. Gene

Doug Daulton
14th June 2003, 01:15
Originally posted by Gene Williams
How about Troof? The same muscles that work his asshole work his mouth. Gene You guys just joking around?

In all seriousness, no one else jumping into the mix here?

Gene Williams
14th June 2003, 01:28
I would seriously suggest Ed Boyd or Rob Alvelais. Gene

Doug Daulton
14th June 2003, 01:44
Thanks Gene

Doug Daulton
14th June 2003, 13:18
Originally posted by Kenzo
what's involved? Ken,

Primarily, moderation involves regular participation in the forums, helping make sure e-Budo rules are followed (e.g., signing posts with full name, etc.) and occaisionally refereeing debates that appear to be getting out of hand. Thankfully, the latter is a rarity in the OMA forums.

Also, the community of moderators is great here. One can lean on them for moderation advice if needed. Ideally, a moderator will visit and post in the forums at least once a week. Sometimes, if activity is low, a moderator will throw out a topic for discussion to get things moving.

Those are the basics of moderation. I try to keep it simple. We have great folks in these forums who self-police, so it is a great experience.

Doug

Doug Daulton
14th June 2003, 18:58
Ken,

Agreed. So we are clear, I do not think these forums need more active or agressive moderation. Rather, I think the group deserves co-moderator who can give a more time than I currently have to address the rare issue when it arises. That is all.

Doug