PDA

View Full Version : Requested introduction thread.

A. M. Jauregui
12th June 2003, 03:18
Brently Keen thought that it would be nice for me to introduce myself.

Lets see I am:

* 27 years old *yikes* I have been told that I look about 20 :D .
* 5’10”
* California born and raised.
* I have a BA in History and am working on a Ph.D. (Technically I currently have a MA)
* Please call me Ana and not Ana Maria!
* I have disabled PM and email for I did notice that the vast majority of posters are male - I am not looking :) . Oh and I do not have a web site, cam, or anything in that vein.
* First generation American. Parents from Spain.
* Found this site through my cousin.
* I am not a post whore it is just that I have been waiting *forever* about a week to get access to post...

See other information gathering threads (music, car, politics, etcetera) for other information.

Main martial arts
Kenjutsu and Aikijujutsu (For those in the Aikijujutsu Forum that are nosey but yet tight lipped :cool: )
Sokaku -> Takuma & Nishiyama (Ono-ha) [same time] -> Saiso (dad) -> Saiso (son) -> me!
I have been horrible at it since 1996. ;)

Other martial arts

* I have gone to seminars and a few classes (yoga and ASU aikido) at the Musubi dojo.
* When I was a kid I trained summers in kendo at the Pasadena Japanese Cultural Institute.
* Did judo at LACC in my later youth summers.
* Open mat stuff now and then. *hehe*

If I left anything out just ask way (I might answer).

A. M. Jauregui
12th June 2003, 03:49
Takeda and Hisa is who I mean sorry for the typo. *darn, darn, darn*

CKohalyk
12th June 2003, 05:05
Sokaku -> Takuma & Nishiyama (Ono-ha) [same time] -> Saiso (dad) -> Saiso (son) -> me!

Thanks for the info. Can somebody fill me in about who "Saiso" is?

Cheers,

CK

A. M. Jauregui
12th June 2003, 05:46
I only meet my sensei’s father a few times before his passing in what I believe was 2001. Darn old man messed with me like mad. Seeing that I was new to the dojo he pretended to not know a thing. *Sigh* I felt like an idiot telling him that his technique needed work. For about a month of now and then visits he pretended to not understand and speak English *grr*. The last thing that he did was tickle me when preforming pins during kata :redhot: . I believe that his first name is Shinji but am far from sure.

As for the first name of my sensei I literally do not have a clue. I do not really socialize with him or the other guys at the dojo (I think that this is because of separate changing rooms). :(

I will be sure to find out this coming Monday.

Charlie Kondek
12th June 2003, 14:10
Welcome, Ana. And your avatar is the comic character Shi. How come? I never read the comics, although the art looks sweet. What are they about? (And, by the way, how does one fight in that outfit?)

Charlie Kondek
12th June 2003, 14:14
For combat, anyway.

A. M. Jauregui
12th June 2003, 21:13
Well Shi’s real name is Ana *hehe* and she is learning an ancient Japanese system of combat with deep religious undertones *sound familiar*. [Edit: She has a somewhat Catholic background, is female, and is nearly as cute as I am] That is were the similarities end. Her parents were killed, she goes to train with her Japanese grandfather for about a decade, and sets up a vendetta against those that killed her parents *standard comic book plot set up*. The interesting part of this series *like most other good comics* is the internal conflict that Shi has to deal with - dual personalities, morality of killing, and other like problems. And to spice things up a bit more her friends are not who they say they are and romantic interludes.

Eric Joyce
12th June 2003, 21:35
Welcome to the forum Ana. :)

StanLee
13th June 2003, 08:47
<cracking open a bottle of beer>

So what's your number? Here's mine.

Sorry! Only kidding!

Have fun with the occasional heated flame threads here.

Stan:)

monkeyboy_ssj
13th June 2003, 10:57
*cough*
Unlike Ana I do have a web cam and my email and PM are always waiting...

So come on guys ;)

Welcome to the board Ana! Have fun talking about MA!

Cheers

MarkF
13th June 2003, 11:21
Hi, Ana,
(I already welcomed you in the Judo forum). You may want to make it possible to receive PMs, if you don't have a web-based email you want to use instead of your usual. You can used yahoo, hotmail, and a host of others so no one gets to you.

As for PMs, if you don't want to read it, or you don't want anyone to know you've read it, you can click on [deny receipt] so no one will know, or you can simply delete it if you really don't want to read it. PM system doesn't give out your email address. Anyway, it's up to you so welcome, anyway.:wave:

Mark

Tripitaka of AA
13th June 2003, 13:00
:smilejapa Greetings :smilejapa

One of these days I will work out a nice Avatar. In the mantime, I think yours is very cool indeed.

You'll find that there are some very intelligent, highly experienced Martial Artists on these forums. Fortunately, they also know how to talk nonsense, share a laugh and get silly. A nice place to chew the fat, natter and gossip. Occasionally there are some fascinating discussions.

spartanmachine
13th June 2003, 15:01
* I have disabled PM and email for I did notice that the vast majority of posters are male - I am not looking . Oh and I do not have a web site, cam, or anything in that vein.

Hi Ana, welcome aboard, why did you disable PM and e-mail? Is it because you got hit on as soon as you joined? If so how about letting us in on who contacted you so we could have a good laugh at them? ;)

She has a somewhat Catholic background, is female, and is nearly as cute as I am

If this is the case why not post a pic on Rogues Gallery and let us be the judges?

Mike Williams
13th June 2003, 15:45
Originally posted by monkeyboy_ssj
*cough*
Unlike Ana I do have a web cam and my email and PM are always waiting...

So come on guys ;)

Matt, I think you might want to reconsider what you meant in that post :laugh:

Anyway there's a pic of Ana's forehead, complete with cute kitty-ears around here somewhere. That should be enough for any man.

:D

Cheers,

Mike

monkeyboy_ssj
13th June 2003, 15:50
Maaaaybe i should...............

Kitty ears! Kawaii!

i've got a picture of me in an elvis suite in the rogues gallery...i will see if i can find it. That will make me number one once again.

http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9153&perpage=15&pagenumber=15

Ta!

joe yang
13th June 2003, 18:34
Go ahead and post a picture, you know you want to. :D

A. M. Jauregui
13th June 2003, 22:31
You guys...

This board as has been quite fun so far. Especially the wide ranging subject base of the Members Lounge *loves it* and the Sword Arts Forum Message Archive.

About the PM and email setting, I like them the way that they are for two reasons: Someone is bound to use it in a negative fashion *the folly of free will*. And I figure if you do not want to say it in the open, it should not be said at all.

Maybe in time I will post a linked image in the Rogues Gallery thread for uploading seems to mean that it will be there forever *shutter*.

Sidarta
13th June 2003, 23:05
Originally posted by A.M. Jauregui

Lets see I am:

* I have disabled PM and email for I did notice that the vast majority of posters are male - I am not looking :) . Oh and I do not have a web site, cam, or anything in that vein.

It made me curious. Is it common for women who post in this board to receive emails or private messages from the guys with some sort of "proposal" or "come on" in it?

Or is the PM thing supposed to be just a dating-hotline and I have never noticed?

cheers!

Sidarta de Lucca

A. M. Jauregui
13th June 2003, 23:19
I was on a now defunct needle work board and for some reason or another I would get emails from guys that wanted to chat... I was so turned off by it that I stopped using instant messaging programs.

I do not know about this board *just got here*, so like I stated above PM and email is will not be turned on. But that I generally welcome questions that people are willing to ask in the open.

Shitoryu Dude
13th June 2003, 23:30
I think most of the guys here are either married or too busy to start hitting on you. Mainly we just tease a lot because we're all a bunch of goobers.

:beer:

joe yang
13th June 2003, 23:41
Man. if I was getting messages from guys who did needle work, I'd totally freak out. :D

Sidarta
14th June 2003, 03:17
Originally posted by A.M. Jauregui
I was on a now defunct needle work board and for some reason or another I would get emails from guys that wanted to chat... I was so turned off by it that I stopped using instant messaging programs.

I do not know about this board *just got here*, so like I stated above PM and email is will not be turned on. But that I generally welcome questions that people are willing to ask in the open.

Now that you have put yourself under the spotlight and higlighted the fact that you do not want to be contacted privately, although apparently nobody had the chance to even try, maybe a couple lonely guys would feel like dropping you a line just to differ. Don't know, I just feel that guys around here, at least those I am more familiar with, have plenty other priorities above stalking new female members on Internet message boards so they can try to get lucky. Maybe the needle guys had more spare time.

As our pal has put above, I feel like this is not the environment you would have people hitting on you from out of nowhere.

Anyway, I was just kidding above, I think you noticed. I think that if you ever feel like turning your PM thing on, there will not be many people disturbing you. Maybe there will, who knows. Maybe I am completely wrong and in fact women really get harrassed when their PM setting is turned on. If you are that worried about it maybe you should keep the thing off, indeed.

cheers,

Sidarta de Lucca

A. M. Jauregui
14th June 2003, 03:31
Thank you for your input Sidarta de Lucca :). I just wanted to be clear from the get go, not put into the spotlight. *Hopefully this thread will eventually sink to the bottom.*

Bushi Jon
14th June 2003, 16:00
Hey I wonder if we could start a Japanese needle work forum here @ e-budo?Yes we all know that the Bushi class was also skilled in the art of the day.I am going out at this moment to by my supplies?:) (sorry could not help my self bad bad ma)

Oni
14th June 2003, 17:12
Ana,

One small warning...having no PM and no email contact may mean something gets aired that someone would have wished to send privately. I know as a moderator there have been a few times when I have had to publically chastise someone that had their other lines of communication turned off.

Anyway...welcome to E-Budo and I hope you enjoy the community!

wendy ongaro
14th June 2003, 17:26
Bear with me you guys. I'm test driving my avatar. thanks.

A. M. Jauregui
14th June 2003, 17:54
Thanks for bringing my thread to the top Wendy ;) . *It has only been there since I started posting.*

Any who I am more of a cat person but must say that they wolf in your avatar is very beautiful. [Edit: Wendy]

John needle work does come in quite handy *especially alterations* do not get me started on how just about nothing fits. I can barely fathom what clothing manufacturers consider normal. And buying martial art attire without the usual 20% markup for custom sizes, gets old and costly really fast.

Michael :) I stated my reasons why I have disabled PM and email above a few times. I am far from worried about providing answers then inappropriate questions asked.

wendy ongaro
14th June 2003, 22:00
thank you. i saw how cool your was, and decided I wanted one too. ;)

A. M. Jauregui
22nd September 2003, 09:57
Ryushi Saisho is the name of my instructor, Nathan.

A. M. Jauregui
22nd September 2003, 10:18
Huw remember that I am 27... Way too “old” to have had a S14 as my first car. It was an S13. (I can not find the other thread so I hope you read this)

larsen_huw
22nd September 2003, 10:34
Originally posted by A. M. Jauregui
Huw remember that I am 27... Way too “old” to have had a S14 as my first car. It was an S13. (I can not find the other thread so I hope you read this)

Ana,

I had no idea how old you were/weren't! :)

Anyways, S14's are coming up on 10 years old in this country, so assuming they were released in the USA at about the same time, it'd still be very possible for you to have one for your first car (assuming very good summer job or rich parents! :D ).

Final round of the UK drift season on 12th Oct. Will be going along to Silverstone (boo! crappy place!) to cheer along one of my mate's who's in the running for a top 5 finish. So far he's managed a 5th, 6th and 11th at the 3 previous rounds, and is probably looking at a top 5 finish overall if he can do well at the final round. He used to drift a Corolla AE86 (Sprinter Tureno (SP???) to you Yanks, i think) but that's in his driveway for an engine swap, so he's drifting a Mk2 Supra (aka Celica-Supra).

How big is drifting out in the States? It's only the 2nd year we've had am organised competition in this country.

Don't worry about me finding your posts ... i'm your new internet stalker! ;) or maybe not .... just recovering from a hangover at work and readig every post that goes up to avoid having to do any work (owwww .... my brain aches!)