PDA

View Full Version : Flyer terminology (For Ralph Severe)

BigJon
14th June 2003, 07:25
Sensei Severe,

I mean no disrespect, I have read certain threads announcing a seminar coming up in Utah. The credentials are listed as:

"Mr. Severe has hachidan (ninpo taijutsu) and kudan (budo taijutsu) in the bujinkan dojo directly under Masaaki Hatsumi."

I would have asked this question as a private message, or e-mail..but your pm's are turned off, and Info@artofcombat.com was returned undeliverable...I have not been in the Bujinkan for too long, but the above quote was a little confusing. Did you leave the Bujinkan when the menkyo was worded as Ninpo Taijutsu, and come back when we were known as Budo Taijutsu? Again, I am not trying to argue, and I am now scared of the words "Sheep" & "Always", but it is just curiosity...

Thanks for your time,

Jon Gillespie

Kamiyama
14th June 2003, 18:00
Simple answer,
That's what my menkyo says.

Thanks for asking...

and why all the sheep stuff.. can't you ask a serious question without all that BS?

kamiyama, ralph severe

Raider
14th June 2003, 21:40
Jon G,

Ralph should of told you that Soke changed his menkyo a few years ago. Ralph is not "special" (but he mite have a bus pass saying so :) ) by having this printed on his Menkyo.

My thoughts (as I have not heard from Soke himself) are that Soke changed the Menkyo to be more accurate with what his students where learning.

BigJon
14th June 2003, 22:13
I certainly don't want to start another four page argument, I was only curious...So wouldn't the current Menkyo "Eliminate" the previous one? (Again just curious...) With all due respect Mr. Severe a fresh change of dialogue is healthy once in a while.
Thanks for the responses..
Jon Gillespie

Kamiyama
15th June 2003, 00:48
Jon,
It's very easy to chat with someone if you chat with them in a respectful manner.

From my conversation with Hatsumi sensei he informed me he changed the menkyo for reason of 'how things are viewed' in Japan and that the Bujinkan has more than ninpo taijutsu to offer the student of the Bujinkan Dojo. He explained this in a very direct and simple way. No this or that.
From that conversation you can understand that ninpo taijutsu and budo taijutsu are not the same but are from the same source.
In the end it makes no difference.
What is important is the abilities of the student and can they apply these skills to their lives.
The menkyo is just a formal license from Sensei that states the infection of Bujinkan Dojo methodology from him to me.
These license can be given to inept students as well as capable ones.

I feel proud to have a license fromhim regardless of what it states, ranking, system, etc.. it's a honor.

From what I have experienced in the martial arts and in the Bujinkan Dojo to be exact, is there is way to much exaggerated feelings towards the license.
There is no standard to judge anyone by in the Bujinkan Dojo.
There is no judges or panel to give or even make a standardized outline.
So really what does it all mean in the way of skills or knowledge?

Nothing.

From that we go back to it being personal.

So walk on..

thank..you..

kamiyama, ralph severe

BigJon
15th June 2003, 01:53
OK thanks for the reply,
I do realise that the terminology has changed, because Soke chose too.
Good enough for me, I am in no way questioning anyone's skills or fighting ability. -Just the way the flyer posted your rankings, that was my question.-Thanks

Jon Gillespie

Jay Bell
15th June 2003, 06:37
can't you ask a serious question without all that BS?

Pot...kettle...black?

George Russell
15th June 2003, 14:58
The person doing the flyer musta not known that Ralph is now 9th dan. I know this because I delivered Ralph's certificate to him, as well as read his letter of recomendation signed by two people in the judan ranks.

Kamiyama
15th June 2003, 14:59
Jay, your immature sarcasm and rude post towards people are not wanted or needed in a serious forum.

kamiyama, ralph severe

BigJon
15th June 2003, 15:57
Thanks for clarification George! I was (am) trying to be serious about the flyer question, my 'always', and 'sheep' comments were intended to be light hearted...but apparently I touched a sensitive spot.
Jon Gillespie

Kamiyama
15th June 2003, 16:10
Thanks for touching my 'spot'..and why all the 'sheep and always' stuff..??

kamiyama, ralph severe

BigJon
15th June 2003, 16:13
Mr. Severe,

I was just joking. Everyone of your posts contains always, and sheep...just pointing it out.-That is why.:D

Jon Gillespie

Oni
15th June 2003, 18:45
Sounds like the question was answered. Everyone please take a breath and perhaps a break from posting if you need it. This stuff is getting a little tiresome lately.