PDA

View Full Version : UK Curry Meet 2nd July

monkeyboy_ssj
18th June 2003, 16:57
How does this date sound? it's a Wednesday in the middle of the week just after the usually payday date.

I think it would be cool to go for a curry down Glasshouse street next to Piccadilly Circus. They've got about 10 curry houses down there and they are all really good and well priced too.

If people have got a better date then please post and we can get the ball rolling.

I've been talking with most of the UK crew in another thread and i really want to go out and have a chat and a good laugh! ^___^

Cheers!

P.s. Everyone is welcome, but no under 18's due to the drinking, we don't want to give you any ideas ;)

monkeyboy_ssj
18th June 2003, 17:01
Also please post who's coming so i can book a table, feel free to bring a friend if you don't feel comfortable by yourself.

Thanks alot!

Mike Williams
18th June 2003, 17:20
Can we do Thursday 3rd instead? Wednesday is training night...

(But if everybody is mad keen on Wednesday, I'll make an exception)

The venue sounds fine to me.

It'll be good to get this thing going - I've always felt jealous of the Tokyo lot and their monthly shenanigans.

Cheers,

Mike

monkeyboy_ssj
18th June 2003, 17:26
Right, 3rd it is.

I'm not training that week so ^_^

I think our London meet will be wicked ^_^

Everyone cool will Thursday 3rd?

So far the people are.

Matt
Steve

I know Andy and Will wanted to come to and some new members are in London too.

We will see ^_^

fifthchamber
18th June 2003, 17:42
Hello Sir,
Yep...Thats the missed week for our training on Thursday so I will be there...Or the Wednesday..Either is good....Or Friday?.....Just t REALLY mess everyone up!
Regards.

(Just me by the way Matt...;) )

StanLee
19th June 2003, 07:18
OOOoooo curryyyyy.

Put me down for the Thrusday 3rd night. Wednesday is also my training night:D

Stan

monkeyboy_ssj
19th June 2003, 09:15
Wicked, well that's 4 which is a good number.

I think most people are cool with Thursday, If you can't make it then we can work around that.

What time? I was thinking something between 7pm and 8pm?

Our meet will be 10x better than the tokyo lot :D

I good meeting place is the Eros Statue (the water feature) at Piccadilly Circus junction just up exit 4 (Eros exit) of the the train station.

Everyone cool with that?

Anybody else is welcome too ^_^

KhawMengLee
19th June 2003, 09:26
Arrgh!You had to pick the 3rd! Its the World Kendo Tournament week ascow...so I'll be heading up there...:(

Heh...plus I am in Bath...miles away...grrr

monkeyboy_ssj
19th June 2003, 09:29
We are still planning a bigger meet for all the UK E-Budo Members later on in the year, this is just a little get together for who can make it.

Still a huge shame though, maybe next time mate :)

Cheers

StanLee
19th June 2003, 14:40
7pm to 8pm on the 3rd at eros statue is good.

See you there.

Stan

monkeyboy_ssj
19th June 2003, 14:45
Cool,

I dare say we will go get a couple of brews before we actually go for the curry, Just to get chatting and be comfortable and stuff.

I will be the one wearing the shirt with "my other shirts a Dogi" on it :D (Only joking)

We will discuss minor arangements towards the time, look forward to seeing you there Stan.

Mike Williams
23rd June 2003, 17:32
Bump, and up to the top you go.

So is it still just the four of us meeting for beer & curry on the 3rd?

Anyone else want to come along?

Cheers,

Mike

monkeyboy_ssj
24th June 2003, 08:40
I think some people are chicken!

Come on, proove me wrong ;)

poryu
24th June 2003, 11:26
Hi

I dont think its a case of people beng chicken

Its just that a mid week meet in London is completely impractical.

I am in lincoln over 100 miles away. its a two hour drive then there is getting to the meet up.

If it was a weekend I could make make it. and I think a lot of others may be interested.

Also why does the meet up have to be in London, couldnt we pick somewhere central to all the uk e-budo members

monkeyboy_ssj
24th June 2003, 11:48
I think it's because everyone would have to travel a fair amount instead of a couple of people. This is just a mini get together.

Also it's the capital and people do have family that they would rather meet as well as the Meet ups.

The big meet will be at a weekend in the late summer, Also many people are around london which has got good places to meet and alot of japanese food.

Many people don't get a chance to visit the capital aswell. Also London is neutral. It has good, large public places for people who are not comfortable with meeting internet people.

There are no other places which are in the middle, many people from the UK ebudo are around london apart from a few. Also alot of people know london rather than a one person knowing one place, and therefore us relying on them to some us around and such.

Getting to london is very easy through national rail and motorway and tube and even airports. Most places run a rail service into london, but if we did choose another place then it would be harder to get to, and more people travelling, defeating the object of making it a central.

Also people do have friends around london who will let them stay with them.

cheers

monkeyboy_ssj
3rd July 2003, 11:21
Don't forget it's tonight everyone!

Look forward to seeing you there ;)

Cheers

Mike Williams
4th July 2003, 09:44
So am I the only one who's managed to stagger into work this morning?

It was great meeting you all (the curry was good too) - when's the next one?

Got to make this a regular occurrence!

:toast: :toast: :toast:

Cheers,

Mike

PS: Thanks Matt for demonstrating those side kicks on the tube home. I'm sure the other passengers learnt some useful stuff too! :D

StanLee
4th July 2003, 11:03
Mike, I also managed to get into work for 8 this morning. Not feeling too bad at all. Bring on the next curry meet!

Stan:D

monkeyboy_ssj
4th July 2003, 12:31
Too right boys!

I made it into work a bit late but that was due to me trying to fix my girlfriend's PC.

I'm thinking of taking everyone to a place called "THe Oriental City" in Collindale (Northern line)which is a great place for eatting, it makes you feel like your in a chinese/ japanese shopping complex.

maybe sometime next month, and also i'll try and get a good training session so we can muck about a bit.

It was really nice seeing everyone and i had a wicked time.

Cheers guys.

fifthchamber
4th July 2003, 13:04
Hi all..
Honestly one of the best nights out I have had recently....And yeah we DO have to get these things going more often...And get the rest of the UK guys involved too, I owe Paul Richardson a few pints and it would be great to fill the restaurant next time!
But Matt...Seriously. Thanks for the organising of it all, and thanks to Sam, Pheonix, and Mike for making it such a good trip...Nice one all!
As for hangovers?.....Well, early training stops me thinking about any pains and suchlike till Saturday so I'll know by then! Only 'slightly' fuggy on the kihon this morning....Nothing a Red Bull couldn't fix!
We DO have to do it regular like though....
And get EVERYONE DOWN!!!
Abayo..

Mike Williams
4th July 2003, 14:57
Beer, bhajis and bullsh*t, what could be better?!

:D

Cheers,

Mike

P.S. Ben, your early morning training is harcore. it was all I could do to stagger out of bed an hour after my alarm went off. Thank god for snooze buttons.

Moriki
5th July 2003, 11:16
Hey Matt,
Sounds like you guys had fun :D
Let me know when your having the next one, and some of us country bumkins will come too.

yours

monkeyboy_ssj
7th July 2003, 13:44
Will do guys.

It was a wicked evening and thanks everyone for making it one of the best nights out i've had.

The next one will be even better! I'm planning it now!

beware! BEWARE!!!

ScottUK
8th July 2003, 11:43
http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20185

Anyone got August 3rd free?

There's nutters jumping off bridges armed with balsa aircraft and no brains.....

Scott

monkeyboy_ssj
8th July 2003, 14:27
I think thats a great place for the next e-budo meet. If we need any special treatment then i'll see if i can get that organised.