PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with the book - Fighting Fit: Boxing Workouts, Techniques and Sparri

CEB
23rd June 2003, 01:39
Anyone here ever read
Fighting Fit: Boxing Workouts, Techniques and Sparring
Doug Werner, Alan Lachica ?

Was it worth the time and effort to read. Thanks for your support.

Kevin73
25th June 2003, 17:39
It was ok, good for a beginner who knows nothing about boxing though. It was a very basic book. So on those merits it's good.

What are you interested in the book for? If it's just for very basic boxing and combos than it would be good. But, if you want it for ideas on routines and more than just boxing combos I like "Muay Thai: The Ultimate Guide to Conditioning, Training, and Fighting" by Chad Boykin.

It still has all the basic techniques you would see in boxing but also has the elbows, knees and kicks of Muay Thai. So in the workout routines (heavy bag, pads) and combos you have all of these elements in it besides just the punching.

CEB
25th June 2003, 18:35
I'm not looking so much for a fighting technique book. I'm looking more for a physical conditioning book gear toward combative sports. Bagwork, bodyweight exercises, supplemental weight training, things along these lines. Thanks for your reply.

Also I know nothing about boxing.

Kevin73
26th June 2003, 04:41
The Muay Thai book has that along with stretching and routines for lifting etc. I can't remember off hand if the boxing book does or not.