PDA

View Full Version : What if.....

Prince Loeffler
29th June 2003, 09:45
Since its 1:30 am here and I am over caffienated (Too much coffee), I thought I'd start some light discussion.

I was wondering what everyone thought are if the origin of karate started in Japan instead of Okinawa and China. Would karate training be the same as we know it ?

How would we train today if the influenced of the Shaolin system and the innovation of the unarmed okinawan fighting system were replaced with a tradition of karate system deeply rooted in Samurai's spirit of Feudal Japan.

A. M. Jauregui
29th June 2003, 10:31
This is after a night out :beer: at 2:32 am.

Since the Japanese unarmed system is jujutsu which is mainly based off of kenjutsu... I would have to guess that if karate came from Japan instead of elsewhere it would have more of a grappling feel to it.

There are so many karate systems that I do not want to generalize beyond that.

If none reply to this, I will generalize how karate would be different using words such as: more circular, more united body movement, different foot work, etcetera. But I am not going use those words to make those generalizations right now. ;)

A. M. Jauregui
30th June 2003, 07:48
Not bad considering :beer: :laugh:

Prince Loeffler
30th June 2003, 07:54
Wow, Anna You're right ! Not bad at all ! How many beers again ? :D

A. M. Jauregui
30th June 2003, 08:06
It was mainly mixed drinks, not too many beers - open bar at a friend’s birthday party.

Liquor then beer, nothing to fear.
Beer then liquor, you will never be sicker.

If anyone wants to get this thread back on topic, be my guess I will give it another go.