PDA

View Full Version : View outside your school

txhapkido
1st July 2003, 08:32
Here's where I practice. Surf was higher than usual last week due to a storm out in the Pacific. Class starts with sunsets that change every second and ends in darkness. Warm trade winds keep the sweat down. Eat your heart out!

Rogier
1st July 2003, 08:45
sorry couldn't take a good photograph... as it is quite dark and raining outside...

the lovely summers in the Netherlands...(okay the last few weeks have been great...)

A. M. Jauregui
1st July 2003, 09:09
From a friend's blog thing. Low res from a cell phone. It has been kind of cloudy and wonderfully cool *beats the heat* -- look at that rainbow.

StanLee
1st July 2003, 12:35
Here's a view from outside my school...

Erm gota go, orders have just been given to storm the TKD dojo down the road...

Stan:smash: :smash: :smash:

:D

Mike Williams
1st July 2003, 13:01
Cheers,

Mike

StanLee
1st July 2003, 13:04
Hey Mike! You sure that's not Dalston?

Stan:D

Mike Williams
1st July 2003, 13:08
Could be - do they have super-hardcore-street-fightin-too-tuff-whoop-yer-ass dojos there, too?

Cheers,

Mike

Martin Adil-Smi
1st July 2003, 13:19
This the view outside mine

Apparently, ours is the only purpose built Honbu in the UK!

More piccys here (http://www.ishinryu.com/honbu.htm)

fifthchamber
1st July 2003, 14:14
Hi all..
Dalston?....Well, there is one TaeKwonDo place on Mare street near Dalston....So thats probably it..The scowls on the faces of those tough-fightin' Blackbelt havin' little 5 year olds outside would scare pensioners to death...But that is just about all there is here...Although I do seem to recognise Mikes' picture....I've seen it here somewhere..But with all the burning and looting going on nightly it could be out of date already!
Troubled times in east London...
Regards..

fifthchamber
1st July 2003, 14:34
Also....If that was Dalston, there would have been around 20 shops selling fake hair and various weaves, 15 or so Nail "Emporium's", and around 30 kids standing about in hot weather wearing hoods..(WTF is it with the hoods???)...As per....
Actually, I can't tell you it is Dalston...I cycle through Hackney with my eyes tightly shut, relying on the fumes from the burning cars to guide me out to safety....
Regards..

StanLee
1st July 2003, 15:16
Ben, Dalston is not always that bad... Although a week ago an old jewish man was murdered and left in his home in the area...

But other members of my dojo and I have ran outside a few times to chase away moped and bicycle thiefs. Imagine this situation; you're a thief and trying to cut the chain on a bicycle off, then out come 6 guys in dogi and hakama running at full speed at you:karatekid:. Some with bokken, others with just that distinctive "budo" look all over their face:mst: . Would you stay to fight or run?:eek:

We haven't had much troble for a while. But they are always there for a good opportunity to arise.:D

Stan

fifthchamber
1st July 2003, 15:23
Hi Stan.
You train in Dalston then? Just down the road from me...PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE though....The next time you chase criminals down the street with Bokken and Dogi on PLEASE FILM IT!! I would pay cold hard cash to see something like that! It would make life worth living! Oh the fun that could be had.....Seriously though.....And will you be at the meal on thursday? If so I'll get the info there from you if thats ok....
Regards..
(And Dalston IS that bad....Just has some nice bits! JOKE!:D )

StanLee
1st July 2003, 16:02
Our dojo is parallel to stoke newington road. It isn't Dalston per say but it's pretty dammed close to it though.

Yes I will be at the curry on thursday night. See you there.

Stan

Mike Williams
1st July 2003, 17:08
I'll be there on Thursday too.

This thread has been officially hijacked by the British E-budo Posse.

Cheers,

Mike

elder999
1st July 2003, 17:36
You see this:

elder999
1st July 2003, 17:40
looks like this:

Chiburi
1st July 2003, 20:40
Nice front, huh...
(It's not me in the pic, though. Copyright Markku Herrala)

MarkF
1st July 2003, 23:05
I'd have taken a picture of what is outside, but there is this metal detector...

Mark

william northcote
2nd July 2003, 00:02
I would take a pic of the outside of the dojo I attend, but at the moment I am in front of a comp, tired and thinking along the lines of Zeberdee.

StanLee
2nd July 2003, 08:20
Hey Aaron,

Was that a cliff edge in your first photo? No don't do it! You still have much to learn in MA to go over!

Stan:D