PDA

View Full Version : Bush indicted in Japan for war crimes?

Jody Holeton
1st July 2003, 23:56
This is the pot calling the kettle black....

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/getarticle.pl5?nn20030701b3.htm

Bush 'indicted' over war crimes

A group of Japanese lawyers unveiled documents Monday "indicting" U.S. President George W. Bush for war crimes allegedly committed against the Afghan people since the United States-led coalition began its antiterrorism campaign in Afghanistan in October 2001.
"This is an act that breaks international rules, such as the idea of (honoring) human rights, that have been formed over so many years," said Koken Tsuchiya, former president of the Japan Federation of Bar Associations and head of the 11-member prosecutors' team in the tribunal. "We decided this case has sufficient reason to be brought to court."

A civic tribunal will be held in Tokyo, with the first hearing scheduled for July 21.

The charges against Bush, according to the indictment, include aggression, attacks against civilians and nonmilitary facilities and the torturing and execution of prisoners.

They said the indictment will be handed to the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo next week.

The tribunal is being organized by Tokyo Zokei University professor Akira Maeda and others.

The Japan Times: July 1, 2003

Senjojutsu
2nd July 2003, 09:50
Sounds like Ramsey Clark (former US Attorney General, now certifiable left-wing kook) will be traveling to Japan in July, yes?

My question is, when can we indict ALL the lawyers?

Kimpatsu
3rd July 2003, 01:40
Good luck in getting Bush to stand trial in Tokyo.
This is a publicity stunt, and nothing more...

shinbushi
3rd July 2003, 01:53
We really need to drop another bomb on them to remind them who is in charge.

http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/ut1/redeemerwhore.gif

Tsujimoto
3rd July 2003, 15:13
Originally posted by shinbushi
We really need to drop another bomb on them to remind them who is in charge.

http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/ut1/redeemerwhore.gif

Please tell me you are being sarcastic. That's not funny. Would you like to take credit for the death of say.. Hatsumi-Sensei?

jatslap
3rd July 2003, 21:31
Well, they may have a point, but of course everyone does to their argument. But, it's kind of funny how they have forgotten their own war crimes from WWII. How many innocents perished in under Japanese rule? I seem to remeber something about the "Rape of Nanking". How many allied POW'S died or were executed in very inhuman ways by Japanese soldiers? You know strung up alive and then used for bayonet practice, or else died of starvation building that little old railway across Thailand. Likewise how many Allied POW's were used as slave labor by Japanese Companies and have never been reimbursed for their suffering?

Just some questions here
John Atslap

Kimpatsu
4th July 2003, 00:02
Japanese schools don't teach the Rape of Nanking or about comfort women. Whilst 100% of Japanese kids know of the atom bomb, up to 20% don't even know that Japan was at war at the time. The atom bomb is taught as if Truman woke up one fine morning and said, "I've got a really jolly wheeze; let's go nuke Japan!"

Igarashi.T
6th July 2003, 23:29
Hey ninja boy ! i hope what you said was a real bad joke
otherwise shut your ¤¤¤¤in hillbilly american mouth
and drop dead in your freakin crap country of yours .
i would love to meet your hillbilly ass one day
and show you who is in charge .
bitch

Joseph Svinth
6th July 2003, 23:59
MODERATOR HAT ON

1. All.

Cease and desist.

This is your only warning.

2. T. Igarashi

Use your real name when signing posts, and avoid the use of profanity. This is non-negotiable.