PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Chad Bruttomesso
24th May 2000, 04:25
Greetings Everyone,

Being the new moderator and all, I thought it might be prudent to take a moment and introduce myself.

My name is Chad Bruttomesso and I live in Southern California. I have been part of the “martial arts community” since my elementary school days. Over the years I have studied Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Knife Fighting, Aikido, Jodo and Iaido.

Aikido has inspired me both on and off the mat. It has become much more than just a hobby to me. Aikido has become a way of life. I have studied Aikido in Bozeman, Montana, Tokyo, Japan, Washington DC, Santa Ana, California and various points in between. I have been/am a member of various organizations and schools. Whenever the opportunity presents it self I try and experience new “styles” of Aikido. Through the years I have learned that each teacher has something to offer in one way or another.

In my humble opinion everyone is entitled to study with whomever they want, be a member of the organization that best suits their needs and practice the “style” which is most true to their heart. Over time my opinions on various topics will come out. Hopefully this will lead to spirited discussions. Ideas and opinions that challenge mine are expected and welcome.

I am honored to be part of this esteemed forum. Please help me continue the level of excellence that was a hallmark of this forum prior to “the big crash” (of the server this site resides on) a few weeks ago.

Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,

Chad Bruttomesso

DJM
24th May 2000, 23:29
Hi Chad..
I'd like to welcome you to the forum, and I'm sure we'll all be very happy to be benefitting from your extensive background..
http://216.10.1.92/ubb/smile.gif
Ta,
David

------------------
Poetry of Birds,
A Thousand Voice Melody,
Dancing on the Waves
-- David Marshall

TommyK
25th May 2000, 05:21
Welcome Chad,

Nice post, I wish you well in your new post. To start you off, I parody Terry Dobson Sensei, by asking: "Do you understand circle, square, triangle?"

Regards,
TommyK

------------------
Tommy K. Militello

Chad Bruttomesso
25th May 2000, 16:41
TommyK,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope I can do your question justice.

Actually, I think that this is a great starting point for a new thread. Please look for the "Circle/Triangle/Square" post. There you can find my answer to your question.

I give you full credit with kicking off the first new discussion thread under my newly appointed reign of terror. (Ok, so maybe I only terrify myself).

Thank you,

------------------
Chad Bruttomesso