PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur 2

the hitokiri
9th July 2003, 06:29
so has anyone seen this game? it's a 3d fighting games using weapons based combat. characters use weapons such as katanas, nunchaku, axes, etc. and some of the moves are based on real life techniques. for example one character who uses a katana (and is appropriately named Mitsurugi) has an attack that is exactly like a kendo hit to the men. check this game out! it is sweet. once it comes out for console systems, i'll be playing all day (except when i'm practicing iaido of course ;) )

PwarYuex
9th July 2003, 08:31
Yes. I own the game.
Unfortunatly, I haven't had a chance to fully get into it, as I'm busy playing X-Box LIVE (free international phone calls) at the moment. From what I've seen, it's just hte same as SC1, just with better graphics and more weapons/levels/characters etc. To be honest, I don't really like the SC-style of gameplay, it doesn't appeal to me.

*Just a note, remember that few people on this forum will have even heard about console games...

A. M. Jauregui
9th July 2003, 09:20
I have gotten to play the Nintendo version. It is cool to be Link (the only character that recalled *sigh getting old*). My friend who was a film major somehow ended up working in the video game industry had it on at one of her parties a while back. Seems like it will be a hit for kids in groups: parties, hanging out, etcetera.

dirithtai
9th July 2003, 20:36
Try Bushido blade. (1 and 2)

A lot of the kamae and attacks are fairly well done, in terms of accuracy of weapon use. The soul calibur series is great though.

PwarYuex
10th July 2003, 01:00
Bushido Blade is a crap series.
It's great if you're looking for realism (budo-wise), but it really is a boring game.

And the SC that I own is on gamecube. I don't know how it plays on other consoles, as it's not out here yet.

A. M. Jauregui
10th July 2003, 01:36
The gamecube version is the version that I have played. Knowing my friend she might have had a test version, anyhow it was a fun game to play.