PDA

View Full Version : Do You Trust.....

Ting Chuan
9th July 2003, 18:10
Howdy,

Simple enough question-

Do You Trust our Government? Why or why not?

Thanks,
Rob Acox

Shitoryu Dude
9th July 2003, 18:47
Of course not. Goverments are all (without exception, ever) corrupt and run primarily by those who should be executed on general principles. They are secretive, lie constantly, take bribes, and are quite willing to let the people suffer while they push through their own agendas and mind-control programs. Governments want nothing from you other than your mindless obedience and taxes. The longer the government exists the more they want.

A good politician is one that is already cold and in the ground. All governments eventually need to be overthrown, dismantled, and scaled back to about 1/10 of their former size with little or no actual power. All you have to do then is sit back and wait while it regains its former size and becomes and end unto itself filled with corrupt sychophants and bureaucratic yes-men who do little except polish a chair with their butt.

:beer:

dirithtai
9th July 2003, 20:12
Harvey Said:
" Goverments are all (without exception, ever) corrupt and run primarily by those who should be executed on general principles."

LoL.

Seriously though.

Of course I don't trust our (and by that I mean the states) governent. If for no other reason than the people who profess to be in power are rarely the ones who make the decisions. They vote where the money pushes them. In the worst cases, like "W," they are sock puppets, and some rich guy somewhere has his hand up his bum, making his mouth move and words come out. When the people in charge are being controlled by a man who won't show his face, I tend to get leery. That's one thing Castro has going for him. He's corrupt, and a massive jerk, but he's HONEST about being slime.

koma
9th July 2003, 21:37
Originally posted by Ting Chuan
Howdy,

Simple enough question-

Do You Trust our Government? Why or why not?

Thanks,
Rob Acox

No, I don't. For reasons expressed by Harvey. Why do you ask? Are you from the government??:eek:

Soulend
9th July 2003, 22:17
Sure, because it would turn my duties into one hell of a moral dilemma if I didn't. Ask me again after I'm retired :laugh:

A. M. Jauregui
10th July 2003, 01:07
Do I trust the government, kind of...

Because I have found that politicians a generally wretched but government workers are either outstanding or blah. So over all, kind of...

Kobe
10th July 2003, 01:57
As a rule, not to much, but its clear that out there you can find goverments and goverments. You can not compare how runs Norway or Iceland with Bangladesh, Burma or Nigeria.
Unfortunately, people do not have so much power, but at least, if the democracy works, you have a chance every 4-5 years to send them home.
That rule, also have some exceptions, in US even that Gore wins the elections, Bush seats in the chair(and only Michael Moore complains!!)

Shitoryu Dude
10th July 2003, 02:27
For anyone out there that hasn't actually bothered to LOOK UP THE FACTS and instead gets their information from DNC spin doctors and whining liberals - GORE LOST FLORIDA. Not by much, but he did.

Nor did the Supreme Court "appoint" Bush as President. They ruled, seven to two, that Florida had to abide by the election laws as they were written before the election. That meant that the voting standards had to remain static and not be manipulated all to hell by those who wanted a specific outcome and changed the rules as they went along to suit their purposes (Gore supporters).

The second ruling, five to four, concerned having yet another recount. As the votes had already been counted several times, with Gore losing every single time (even with new standards being implemented on the go), it was high time that the LAW was obeyed and the endless Democrat whining stop.

Next time I hear some idiot stating that Bush lost the election I think I'll just punch their f***ing teeth out.

Kobe
10th July 2003, 03:20
Dear Dude,
Why look that people from all over the world knows better than americans what happend in the US? Just a question.
Anyway, after the Lee Harvey Oswald magic bullet, americans can swallow any pill, include the florida one.
About the the punch or kick(I do not remember), please do not make statments that you actually can not carry out:cool:

A. M. Jauregui
10th July 2003, 03:40
Harvey you passionate person you. Keep cool...

P.S. No need to poke the (teddy)bears people. :)

Shitoryu Dude
10th July 2003, 04:13
Did the "rest of the world" (would that mean Europe by any chance?) actually examine the ruling, or just freak out that Gore the pansy-ass was not going to be President and whine and moan that we didn't have a run-off election as neither candidate actually got 50% of the vote or more? Gee, Europe didn't get another screaming liberal to cater to them and stroke their little egos, TFB.

Here's a primer on the electoral college that most people seem to have missed: The electoral college demands that candidates actually win the majority of the country by population and by geography combined. Otherwise only 5 states would even matter and the rest of the country would be ignored. As those states are highly urbanized, those of us who don't live there or hold similar views are marginalized. The popular vote is also the method of tyranny of the majority. The Electoral College puts dampers on that trend.

Civics class is over.

And you never know, I just might pop somebody in the mouth - wouldn't be the first time.........

Kobe
10th July 2003, 06:39
Dear Dude,
Rest of the world means......ummmm, yeah, even you can understand, r e s t o f t h e w o r l d .
Thank you so much for the class(I would say masterclass?), any information that can improve my knowledge is allways wellcome. Someone said that every country deserve the political system they have/suffer, I really do not know.
But I would like to tell you that to stand with a particular opinion, to have different point of view, to think a little different that the other, it does not mean that you are allow to insult and to lose the good manners, if you ever had. Both things are compatible, and as far as I remember, I did not insult you nor threat you as you did. Besides, to speak out loud in a forum is easy and free, to say "I just might pop somebody in the mouth - wouldn't be the first time........" may it sounds very macho like, congratulations, but we both know its not going to happend, basically because two things, one cause you do not know me, second cause I really doubt you have the gutts
;)
No hard feelings, I understand you have a bad day.

mech
10th July 2003, 07:34
What happened was maybe Harveys ignore a survey made by United Nations as follows

Survey: what do you think about food problem on planet earth...

Europeans said: what is lack of food?
Africans said: what is food?
Americans said: what is the rest of the world?
Cubans said: what is opinnion?

Watch Europe, is not the rest of the world anymore, if somebody is taken field is the Union and very quickly and you know it, filling the blank left by Soviets

You talk about bad goverment what you guys knows about bad goverments?

mech
Manuel Ch. A

StanLee
10th July 2003, 12:49
No I don't trust your government.

Stan

Shitoryu Dude
10th July 2003, 14:29
Gee, I must be an old cynic who has had a bellyfull of hyper-liberal media manipulation and outright lies,

Of course, I also don't think very highly of opinion polls that ask non-Americans if they think they should have influence on American elections. If they want to have a voice in US elections they can come here and earn citizenship.

Kobe - you sound just like a street corner punk.

elder999
10th July 2003, 15:08
Well, our government is supposed to be "of the people, by the people and for the people," and it's proven to be the best for just that, when it works.

It's also been proven, time and again that "the people," and the system are easily manipulated and duped.

It's also become a system of proffesional polititcians,:rolleyes: something it wasn't supposed to be.....

Our government could use some tweaking, but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else, though, or under any other system.

Shitoryu Dude
10th July 2003, 16:09
All political systems devolve into cronyism and lifelong politicians - nobody else wants to deal with it every day.

And there are are slow oscillations between the parties. It may take a couple of generations to switch over, but it always does.

For all of its many faults it suits us well and I think is at least as good or better than other systems. Unless you want to cede all power to me, of course. :D

As has been pointed out many times before - we have the government we deserve. :laugh:

Kobe
10th July 2003, 16:45
Come on Dude, I´m sure you can do it better. Even for an old republican, former scout(is there where childen wear like men and men like children??), still, you can do it better, I have a lot of faith on you.
Why all the insulting? The only one who behave like street corner punk it was you. By now I´m sure you understand what european charm means, but do not worry, to understand does not means to get it.
You happy with your ideas? Fantastic, but do not insult to any one that does not think like you. Even republicans like you can understand what mutual respect means.
And, I understand you do not have high opinion of non americans talking about US elections, it happens almost the same to me, I do not have very high opinion of americans ACTING, PREPARING and SETTLING elections outside the US. Sometimes is even worse, no elections, just US troops.
Best regards

one free advice, have more sex, its the best for that bitter attitude.

Ting Chuan
10th July 2003, 16:51
Howdy,

Koma-
Yes i am a secret government agent trolling for seditionists:rolleyes: just kidding!
No i don't trust government for many reasons. One of which is in my mind the government is an institution and an institution as well as it's interests wil be protected at all costs.
Thoughts?
Thanks.
Rob Acox

mech
11th July 2003, 05:05
"Of course, I also don't think very highly of opinion polls that ask non-Americans if they think they should have influence on American elections. If they want to have a voice in US elections they can come here and earn citizenship." Moul dude

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Please read:

The last thing I would do in this World is to stick hands in your internal politics... Besides we have our serious ¤¤¤¤ down here

Did you know that actual venezuelan president H. Chavez is directly supporting Castros regimen? That "we" give cubans 50000 oil barracks daily? and that they doesnt have money to pay,

so this H. Chavez is bringing al sort of cuban personel as "payment"!! doctors, technicians, teachers, trainners
We are trying to put the mf out this year relyng on anticipate elections but things have been really Hot down here, many thousand people marching, hundreds of wound people, Yes i still can scream out of the window "the goverment is a ¤¤¤¤!!" but soon will be aproved a law of regularisation of the media and free speach!!

You see how I write very straight, no knots, well we are like this, but soon NO MORE unless we put OUT this president, YOUR Goverment should give us Help on this regards to stop violence and comunism spread.

I bet most of you havent seen Real violence before... Hundreds of people trowing sticks and bottles and fighting and police shooting rubber and gases... What martial arts and what cold spirit martial arts!! COME down here and you get cured forever. Go get call 911 in your Foam Bubble. The better answer in proper english is. "No thank you"

Respecfully,
MECH
Manuel CH. A.

Martin Adil-Smi
11th July 2003, 12:30
Do I trust the government? Hell, NO!

Time and time again politicians have been proved to be corrupt liars whose actions only serve to either line their pockets or further their careers, with little or no regard for the rest of the country.

Ok, ok, that maybe a sweeping generalisation, but with ever increasing taxes, declining public services, the breakdown of law and order, coupled with governments habits of lying, "spinning" a story, not carrying out their election promises, and not consulting the people, much less representing them... well these are dark times.

Take for instance state pensions. I have worked every day for the last 7 years, and have never once claimed benefit. Indeed, I have always paid my taxes, and that includes a proportion to my state pension when I retire. BUT, now the government are not only proposing to move the retirement age up by 5 years, but they are now saying when I retire there will be nothing in the pot for me to draw... so what am I paying for? Can I opt out - not on your life!

AND (as happened to my mother recently), if I die before I retire, then my partner will only be able to claim 12months of my pension. The state swallows the rest! My dad worked 50 years, and all my mum got was a total of £720 from his lifelong contribution which ran into the tens of thousands.

Then take my council tax. This is paid for regional services such as refuse collection, the local police force, and fire service. This year my annual bill has gone up for £80 to £130, AND the services have been cut due to budgetry restrictions!!! What am I paying for???? Try and get someone at local government to explain that... they can't. I've tried.

Then you have moral decline as people lose respect for their elders and community leaders.

All in all, its a crock!