PDA

View Full Version : 2nd UK E- Budo Red Bull Meet!

monkeyboy_ssj
14th July 2003, 14:12
Right, since a few guys have come up with the idea of going to the Red Bull Flug Tag I thought it would be a good idea to start organising the latest meet.

The Date is 3rd August (Sunday) and it starts between 12:30 and 1:00pm.

http://www.redbullflugtag.co.uk/flash.html

We should get there a wee bit earlier so you can get good seats.

Once we know where everyone is coming from then we can arrange meeting times and places. Tubes that are closest are Marble Arch and Hyde Park Corner.

I dare say since it finishes around 6ish we would go for a few brews and food and probably a wreastle or 2 on the grass ;)

As for plans of building the E-Budo entry for next time Idare say it would be discussed over the day and well on into the night!

So everyone is welcome to join us, all you've got to do is add you name on the list and who ever you want to bring so i can pass out personnal details at a later date and make a head count.

Cheers

p.s. If you visit the site then play the flash game, i got 6.7 very addictive ;)

fifthchamber
14th July 2003, 14:22
Hi Matt.
Once again....I will be there....And depending on things will see if I can get my Girlfriend to come down...(Or is stupid idea?....Probably....Oh well..Maybe, then.), so one or two for me...
See you there (Wherever?) and looking forward to meeting Scott too....
Abayo.

StanLee
14th July 2003, 14:27
I'll see if I can be allowed to go by my GF. If so, I see you all there, but I'll have to leave at around 3:00 to 4:30 ish as I've got Sunday night training.

Stan

Mike Williams
14th July 2003, 14:32
I'd like to make it, but I may have to play a gig that afternoon. It's unpaid, so I'm trying to get out of it - if I can, then I shall definitely join you all.

Cheers,

Mike

monkeyboy_ssj
14th July 2003, 15:59
Cool,

We will see what happens with the numbers before we make any decissions,

As soon as people know they are able to go then let us know.

ScottUK
14th July 2003, 21:48
I'll be there, cam in hand and preparing notes for next year's entrance of 'Team E-Budo UK'.

ScottUK
19th July 2003, 08:32
Just thought I'd bump this back to the top for a while....

UKPatrick
19th July 2003, 14:07
Hi guys,

I have no idea what this is about, so it seems to be a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon - count me in.

Patrick Breheny
ps - will there be a childminder to look after Scott Halls?

monkeyboy_ssj
19th July 2003, 15:07
right lads,

whats going on then, i know some people have said that they cannot make or arn't quite sure yet.

I'm always cool to meet and train (drinking arms)

Patt, it should be fun and your more then welcome :)

so who is deffinatly in?

Me
Scott
Patt

fifthchamber
20th July 2003, 15:17
Hello Matt.
Me...Unless something comes up (New job!!:rolleyes: ) that is...(It won't...But it sounds more interesting...:p ).
See you all there on Sunday then?...
Regards.

ScottUK
20th July 2003, 19:29
ps - will there be a childminder to look after Scott Halls? Pat, I guarantee you're gonna be chucked off the bridge on Sunday - wings or no wings...

Come on guys, post your Red Bull FlugTag scores on here - my highest was 10.8m and 114% on the clapometer...

ScottUK
20th July 2003, 20:03
http://www.redbullflugtag.co.uk/entrants/bigimage.php?image=MANGET_1.jpg

Hmm, "Team E-Budo UK" are gonna need to pull the stops out for '04...

ScottUK
20th July 2003, 20:17
OK then,

Matt
Scott
Pat
Ben
Mike (possibly)

What time we meetin' up? We're gonna have to be early to get these seats:

ScottUK
31st July 2003, 15:12
Just a reminder - what time are we meetin up and where?

Mike Williams
31st July 2003, 15:25
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. Poo.

Have fun you lot, don't get into too much trouble!

Cheers,

Mike

monkeyboy_ssj
31st July 2003, 16:03
I'm going to be there with the fit girls from work ^______________^

Mike, sure you don't want to come?

fifthchamber
31st July 2003, 16:11
Hi Matt...
Hehehe....Now thats incentive...Cold....But incentive anyway...What time are we meeting up then?....Early or not?....Been seeing some of the "Flyers" being towed around here...Funny...Very funny.
Regards.

(Ps...Stan: Sorry about this but I just got a new job and will not be able to make it to your course...Or not all of it anyways:mad: But I do NEED cash first sooooo....Bugger it all!)

Mike Williams
31st July 2003, 16:21
Originally posted by monkeyboy_ssj
I'm going to be there with the fit girls from work ^______________^

Mike, sure you don't want to come?

Aaaaaagh, Boxall, you complete git! :D

Cheers,

Mike

PS: Be sure to take notes & steal ideas for our entry next year.

bruceb
31st July 2003, 16:24
How about remembering the camera?

A few pictures for the rest of us around the world?

ScottUK
31st July 2003, 18:48
Never fear, Mr B - I will be there with full recon kit in prep for next year...

StanLee
1st August 2003, 09:25
Guys, just got back from hols. But I won't be able to make it... Gota go home to see parents.

Have a nice time all!

Matt, yes you are a git. Those girls were lovely.

Ben, it's ok. I may see you there, if not, at the next ebudo meet.

monkeyboy_ssj
1st August 2003, 10:13
I'll be there and probably give one of you guys a call so we can meet.

I'm not really sure, but i'll come and find you guys for some randori ^_^

Ja

fifthchamber
4th August 2003, 14:12
Hi all..
Hmmmm...A good day all in all....But I could NEVER have found anyone in the mass of people there....I think the organisers were expecting less too...The north side was crushed in by people...And on a hot day too!...
Scott...Sorry not to meet up with you there...Should have left earlier and sorted a place to meet...I hope that you got pictures..I'm probably lurking in the back of some of them!....
On the plus side...I think Scott stands a good chance of winning it...Next year....Team E-Budo could easily pass 5 metres I should think! (A zenpo tenkai over the edge could go further!).
Looking at it properly though..The things I did wrong make a nice list of themselves:
1: Do NOT, EVER take a bike to a public event....VERY STOOOOPID!!
2: Arrange a meeting place MILES away from event....Like Sweden for example...Somewhere you can really STAND OUT!!
3: Whatever the event...It WILL be FAR, FAR bigger than you first expected...So plan big!!
4: If you DON'T follow these handy hints then choose to go on a really HOT day....It's always easier in the Sun...Whatever "It" is..

Thats about it...A good day though still..And I was glad that I saw the "Deliverance Pig" do its stuff..I liked "Monkey Island" too..But the music they had may have swung the vote for me...Whatever we choose to put in DON'T include propellers...They EMPHATICALLY DO NOT WORK!!!
Oh...One last thing.....Matt......No Girls!!......Hehehe...I hope you feel better mate!
Regards...

ScottUK
4th August 2003, 14:32
Who would've guessed that 65,000 people were gonna turn up to such a yampy idea?

Hats off to 'Deliverance the Pig', but I am so psyched for an attempt next year...

btw the results and pics are on the website already:

www.redbullflugtag.co.uk

ScottUK
8th August 2003, 14:58
Don't forget fellas that it's on TV (in UK) on ITV tomorrow (Saturday) at about noon...

monkeyboy_ssj
8th August 2003, 15:05
yeah, sorry i couldn't make it, i was pretty ill.

Only just woken up, i though it was Sunday when i woke up this morning...