PDA

View Full Version : Ex-US marine (31) elopes with 12 year old British girl.

Steve Williams
14th July 2003, 18:56
For all you ex/serving US servicemen (some of you marines)
Does this "grate" on you?

The story is Here (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,1-745212,00.html)

It seems they met on the net.....

Shitoryu Dude
14th July 2003, 18:59
Isn't he age of consent in the UK 14? Not that it matters because the girl in question is only 12, and only in some really messed up places is 12 considered anything other than a child.

Regardless, any 31 year old man who consorts with a pre-teenager is a perv. Take him out and hang him.

:beer:

Cinnabar
14th July 2003, 20:15
Almost a 20 years difference. If it was a 55 and 35 years old Ok, but 12 is too young.

Bushi Jon
14th July 2003, 20:22
SHOOT HIM

Soulend
14th July 2003, 20:46

I don't see his being a former Marine as relevent. Except of course that it probably wouldn't even have been mentioned had the man been an ex-boiler-repairman or something. Funny that the very folk so many look down their nose at and revile are also considered or expected to be paragons of virtue, to a man.

Yeah, by all means shoot him.

PHILBERT
14th July 2003, 21:16
Age of Consent in Britain is 16.

Senjojutsu
14th July 2003, 22:04
Hello David, does not the ad say, "The change is forever?"

I do concur with you, this "ex-Marine" is but one of litany of standard media clichés!

Some others of note:

Ex-Altar boy
  Ex-Boy Scout (especially an Eagle scout)
  Ex Vietnam vet (this is fading from usage)

As far as this sleazeball du jour - we must have the courtroom bailiff whack his "pee pee".

This case is easy due to the extreme age gap, and she is "child".
But what about a nineteen-year old male "dating" a fourteen-year old female? Is that not disturbing, what good will result in that? Or a twenty-one after a sixteen-year old?

MarkF
14th July 2003, 23:31
Does this "grate" on you?

I'm not an ex/serving US service person, but it "grates" on me as a human being, and only death will end that (mine).

Mark

Vapour
14th July 2003, 23:46
Originally posted by Senjojutsu

I do concur with you, this "ex-Marine" is but one of litany of standard media clichés!

Some others of note:

Ex-Altar boy
  Ex-Boy Scout (especially an Eagle scout)
  Ex Vietnam vet (this is fading from usage)

As far as this sleazeball du jour - we must have the courtroom bailiff whack his "pee pee".

This case is easy due to the extreme age gap, and she is "child".
But what about a nineteen-year old male "dating" a fourteen-year old female? Is that not disturbing, what good will result in that? Or a twenty-one after a sixteen-year old?

How could someone become *ex*-vietnam vet? :D

Cody
14th July 2003, 23:59
Mr Mason added that there was no suggestion that Studabaker was aware of Shevaun's age before they met on Saturday.

But after meeting up with her, it would have been "obvious", he said.

Not sure what he meant when he says "it should be obvious". The photo of the kid looks a lot older than 12 to me; she is also "tall and stocky".

Not that I condone pedophelia; but this case, it looks to me like it's the kid's own fault.

-Cody

A. M. Jauregui
15th July 2003, 01:05
I am agree what was this girl thinking...

Shitoryu Dude
15th July 2003, 02:23
Latest news report says the girl was passing herself off as 19. Quite a bit different that picking up on a 12-year old.

Still rather icky - when I was 31 I didn't have much interest a 19 year old girl except to bang her if she looked hot, and that girl is fugly. This whole thing stinks.

Hey, I'm a former Eagle Scout :eek:

A. M. Jauregui
15th July 2003, 02:57
Originally posted by A.M. Jauregui
I am agree what was this girl thinking...

Wow, I really should look at the screen and not type blindly.

The case in question is wrong and plan idiotic on so many levels. Enough said...

Soulend
15th July 2003, 03:00

Yep, that's what it says. And at the risk of sounding brainwashed I believe that it does change a person for the better in many cases...as a recruiter I talked to enough beaming parents to believe this. However, a sick f*ck who joins is likely to still be a sick f*ck when he leaves. He may have changed too though..he might now be a sicko that is in great shape, picks up after himself, and can shoot a whole lot better:D

There is no such thing as an 'ex' Marine, by the way. Once a Marine, Always a Marine.

Jock Armstrong
15th July 2003, 03:00
Dude, anybody who likes guns,karate and hot chicks was raised right.I salute you. As for getting caught out- I was in a bar in Nagoya when two of my JHS 3rd graders came in. I was stunned- they did not look like kids, done up [actually very tastefully]. They said hello and then wandered off. They are 15!! If you didn't know them you'd have thought they were 19 or twenty. In their school uniforms they are just kids but dressed up.....
If you think thats bad, there are a couple of 13 year old ichinensei that have to be seen to be believed in their "civilian" clothes [not to mention attitude]. Its a scary thing.

The measure of civilisation is simple;

Repress the urge to kill those who annoy you.

Repress the urge to shag when the object of your desire is underage.

We set an arbitrary line at 16.Unfortunately there are those who seem unable or unwilling to follow that rule.

SHOOT HIM :beer:

PwarYuex
15th July 2003, 08:22
The saddest thing is that, at the moment she likes him and is probably upset that she has lost him. In a few years she will realise that she was just being violated.

So who's at fault? The internet for introducing them? The parents for the lack of net-supervision? Or the 31-year old (who is supposed to protect children) pervert who will go on to do it again and again?

Hang him. :mad: :redhot: Make an example of him to other net-predators...

Cody
15th July 2003, 08:46
Originally posted by PwarYuex
The saddest thing is that, at the moment she likes him and is probably upset that she has lost him. In a few years she will realise that she was just being violated.

So who's at fault? The internet for introducing them? The parents for the lack of net-supervision? Or the 31-year old (who is supposed to protect children) pervert who will go on to do it again and again?

Hang him. :mad: :redhot: Make an example of him to other net-predators...

Hang the man because he is so dumb that he didn't see through this 12 year old's lie?

Not all women are defenseless; not all 12 year old are naive. C'mon, who is the victim in here?

If anyone should be hanged, it's that lying little ****. Make an example of her to other kiddies who lie and use their "naive image" to manipulate adults.

-Cody

StanLee
15th July 2003, 09:45
In this case, I'll have to agree with Cody and less with everyone else.

Kids can and are manipulative and in many cases not naive. Yes she does look a lot older than 12yrs old and she also boasted to her friends about her "American boyfriend". But from what I've read, the ex-marine guy lost his wife due to an illness (She passed away), he has no children and still lives with his parents. Although the three statements does not let him off the hook, there must be some personal problems with the guy. I think he also served as in a anti-terrorist team in Afganistan. He may be pretty messed up himself.

Just my comments after reading the papers and your comments.

Just don't linch me for it...

Stan:p

David T Anderson
15th July 2003, 14:11
Superintendent Peter Mason said the pair had arranged to meet and left the country on pre-booked flights.

Mr Mason added that there was no suggestion that Studabaker was aware of Shevaun's age before they met on Saturday.

I dunno. I've known a few ex-Marines, and while they were great guys generally, I never saw that their training made them smart about women or particularly mature. I think I'll wait for Mr. Studabaker's side of the story before I call for the rope or the firing squad.

Something I _DO_ know is that if a young kid, male or female, has a serious desire to run wild, there isn't much that will stop them...esp. in a world where parental authority is systematically undermined and serious discipline is practically illegal.

william northcote
15th July 2003, 20:49
We can all say yes lets hang them by the scrotum, burn them, send the child to therapy ETC. Where does the blame lie?

The Ex Marine... 31 (year younger than me) quoted as an ex Vietnam vet... he will have been 2-3 years old when it was playtime in the rice fields. The young and gullible teen who wants not to be a virgin due to peer pressure, have a child due to teen idols having children of their own..

So lets blame the ex marine. He took her away. He is now with her, doing things that we may never know or care about. He has done something that has happened before here in the UK. So he is an ex marine, does that make him a criminal for his actions?

I use Internet chat rooms, use a webcam, and I have my real age on the profile, and A few months ago some 14 year old told a moderator that I was sexually harrasing her. The claim was unfounded, the moderator used what right they had to boot out the "kid" and me. A week later, she was at it again and was banned.

So is this child that is with the ex marine naive. Who knows. All the family is asking for is to have her home safe and unharmed, and so would all of you if it was your daughter.

Shitoryu Dude
15th July 2003, 21:44
Latest news - the kid is back home in England after being in Paris "only a few hours". The guy's brother was reported as stating that the ex-marine in question was certain the girl was 18 or 19.

Seems to me that the initial assumption of a perv grooming kids for molestation is way off the mark. We now have a juvenile delinquent who needs her ass whipped and a duped horndog.

william northcote
15th July 2003, 22:03
Just seen SKY news, and they have said he has told the FBI that he is no longer with her.

Jock Armstrong
16th July 2003, 00:52
So- the term "elope" is a lie. They met after individually going to Paris, where they met and after a few hours split up and went home?
Elope means to run away together- the journalist who thought up the headline needs shooting, not the guy. This story seems to be ta classic example of journos "embellishing" a story [read lie]. The girl needs a walloping for pulling such a stunt, her parents need a good kicking for letting her and Mr Amour needs a slap for being too dumb to see her age. Otherwise it seems it's a storm in a teacup.

PS I couldn't access the article so I had to run with the title. Reminds me of the Okinawan story. Drunken, evil marine breaks into home and ravishes daughter- front page news in Japan.
However the nineteen year old did not break in- his 17 yr old girlfriend let him in- it didn't become rape until outraged father caught them in flagrante delecto.
Never let the truth get in front of a good story.......:beer:

william northcote
16th July 2003, 08:00
skynews.com (http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1097064,00.html)

From Sky news website

SHEVAUN CONTACTS FAMILY

Missing schoolgirl Shevaun Pennington, who ran off with former US marine Toby Studabaker after meeting him in an internet chatroom, has called her parents to say she is safe.

Greater Manchester Police said the 12-year-old rang mum Joanna on Tuesday evening but did not reveal her whereabouts.

But detectives have admitted they still do not know where she is - even though Studabaker also contacted his family in the US.

Officers in Greater Manchester are now liaising with the FBI in the hope of finding her, amid reports that she may now be travelling alone.

In a call to his sister-in-law in Michigan, 31-year-old Studabaker claimed he had been "deceived" by the schoolgirl over her age.

He flew across the Atlantic to meet Shevaun after she allegedly claimed to be a 19-year-old college student, Sherry Studabaker said.

But it remains unclear where Shevaun and Studabaker are or whether they are still together.

"Shevaun is fine, she is not hurt, she is unharmed. He didn't give me any sense of if she was with him or where she was at that time," Mrs Studabaker said.

Toby Studabaker: Claims he was 'deceived'

"She told him she was 19, she was in college and they had a conversation about it and he's not happy because she lied about her age.

"He is very upset about it. Shevaun lied about her age. He was very, very mad about that.

"He is upset. He can't believe this is going on with his family. The media doing this to us. He is sorry for all this happening."

Studabaker had also told his family he was in possession of a signed letter from Shevaun which maintained he had never touched her.

On Saturday, the schoolgirl disappeared from her home in Wigan and took a flight to the French capital.

A search of Shevaun's belongings and computer files exposed her links with Studabaker, who left the US military last month.

Officers alerted Interpol and an all-ports warning was issued in an attempt to stop the couple leaving the country.

British police have rejected claims by French detectives that Shevaun only stayed in Paris for an hour before flying back to Liverpool.

Greater Manchester Police have confirmed that a passenger under the name of S. Pennington who flew from Paris to Liverpool in a party of five on a pre-booked ticket was not Shevaun.

PwarYuex
16th July 2003, 08:25
Originally posted by Cody
Hang the man because he is so dumb that he didn't see through this 12 year old's lie?

Yes.

Originally posted by Cody Not all women are defenseless; not all 12 year old are naive.

Generally, you can say that adults are supposed to protect children. This is because children are, physically and mentally, more defenseless than adults. This is why adults who rape children are seen as disgusting, this is why there are laws against it. Kids are more stupid and defenseless than adults. They do stupid things, and when they do them they are defenseless to do anything about it. This is why adults protect children, and to guide them. To protect and guide isn't a parent's job. It's an elder's job.

This guy is an ex-marine, and he trusted that someone he met on the net was telling the truth. He was already skating on thin ice, he assumed she was 18. Shouldn't he have done what is right and clarified that she is 18?

Being queer my self, I talk to a lot of queer people on the net, in an effort to find more queer people near me. It is VERY easy to tell if someone is lying in a net-convo. It takes me about 10 minutes to spot a lier, who is 40 years older than me.

Why didn't he talk to her on the phone? Why didn't he ask for clear pictures?

Originally posted by Cody If anyone should be hanged, it's that lying little ****. Make an example of her to other kiddies who lie and use their "naive image" to manipulate adults.

Yeh, hand the stupid 12 year-old, because she tricked an adult. Don't you think it is far easier for an adult to manipulate a child?

Vapour
16th July 2003, 08:51
Given the information I got it here, I feel that the guy certainly didn't deserve front page u.k. tabloid treatment.

The girl practically ruined this guy's life. And let not forget, so far as I can see, it is her who deceived him. If I'm her parent, I would actually make her apologise for it publicaly.

Cody
16th July 2003, 08:51

Yeh, hand the stupid 12 year-old, because she tricked an adult. Don't you think it is far easier for an adult to manipulate a child?

Deal with it, this can happen to anyone. It's hard to tell if someone is lying behind the keyboard. Besides, this poor guy just came out of the military, I doubt if he had spend enough time online to know the way things go. It's not a crime to be naive.

Children are generally more defenseless and naive... so, as soon as we hear a 12 year old ran off with a 31, then right away we should shoot the 31 yo dude? Even though it's obvious the 12 yo is a manipulating juvenile delinquent? Hell, she might even be a psychopath. She definitely isn't your idea of "general kid".

Sure, hang her, why not? That should teach permissive parents who think their little lying manipulative devils are too sweet for a whupping.

"Dear baby, I am not mad at you, please just come back and you will be happy ever after"

"Sure mom, I screwed up, but I am in Paris now and I ain't gonna tell you where I am, what you gonna do about it?"

:rolleyes:

-Cody

PwarYuex
16th July 2003, 09:00
"Dear baby, I am not mad at you, please just come back and you will be happy ever after"

"Sure mom, I screwed up, but I am in Paris now and I ain't gonna tell you where I am, what you gonna do about it?"

I'm sure that's what was said.

Striking Hand
16th July 2003, 09:05
PwarYuex.

You would be surprised how easy it is for a kid to fool their parents.

My son is only 3, but he keeps shocking his parents with statements and logic he comes up with, now reel that forward to age 12, 14 or 16. Shudder.

You will never understand how clever those little "terrorists" can be till you raised one yourself.
:D

And they ain't all sweet, innocent little sugar cubes, rather the opposite.

Cheers

Vapour
16th July 2003, 09:07
Plus, he is probably not perv. Let not forget that girl pretended to be 19.

For him to be a perv who skillfully prey on minor in internet, he had to be smart enough to see through that the girl was lying her arse about her age then went on to manipulate her, prentending that he had no clue. Then he somehow forgot to make sure that his first date with 12 years old in France won't become front page national news, not mentioning he forgot to cover his track in the internet.

Here is some insight into this episode.

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame81.html

Cody
16th July 2003, 09:11

I'm sure that's what was said.

The point is, it's just rediculous how everyone screams "hang the guy" when it's obviously the gal's fault.

And, if you ain't going to discipline your little angels at home, and decide to leave it for the society to teach them consequences, then don't expect the society respond in kind.

Lastly, I apologize for my strong statements in my previous posts, that was uncalled for; though I don't find it any less offensive than the "hang the guy" suggestions. In fact, I find it much more appropriate for this case.

-Cody

PwarYuex
16th July 2003, 09:39
Originally posted by Striking Hand
PwarYuex.

You would be surprised how easy it is for a kid to fool their parents.

Hey, I've seen it happen! And I've done it my self. I'm sure most people have. My point is that he should have seen through her lie, and should have talked to her on the phone, or have seen a better picture or something.

Vapour
16th July 2003, 10:19
True, he shoud have. But he still didn't deserve what happened to him.

KhawMengLee
16th July 2003, 11:19

www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/famous/bell/statement_3.html?sect=7

Manipulation is just a question of having the right information to use. Look at the movie the Apt Pupil and you'll see this. Majority of Adults will have more wisdom than children but don't think that kids are stupid and don't know about manipulation.

william northcote
16th July 2003, 11:29
The fact that it has and will happen again and again, will not stop the feeling of "kill the pervert" The BNP, NF, and the KKK have a policy of wanting to hang rapist and child molesters.

Now if they were in power, they would have just gone ahead and killed them without fair trial. They would have acted on instinct and hung for the sake of killing. And that is what most of the subscribers to this thread are doing. They are pampering to their own right wing ideology.

Let the courts decide what happened. That is what they are there for.

PwarYuex
16th July 2003, 12:08
Originally posted by Will Northcote
Let the courts decide what happened. That is what they are there for.

Yes. We should not conclude nor talk (nor decide) about anything that the courts will eventually decide...:mad:

william northcote
16th July 2003, 20:10
Well the panic is over, the girl is in police custody and all is well with the world, until the next time something like this happens and the bigot train rolls out of right wing central.

Steve Williams
16th July 2003, 22:38
ITs amazing how one side of the story can be taken as "gospel" (that of the perv ex-marine and the innocent girl).

Any 31 year old man (non-married, or married in some cases :eek: ) would give anything for a "guaranteed shag" with a 19 year old girl.
So if that was what he believed then he is not to blame.

Any (well some) 12 year old girls do fantasise about an "older man" to love/protect them.
So if that is what she thought it would be, and if she was having family problems, then she is not to blame.

It is the deceit which was undercurrent in the whole situation which is the problem.
She should bear the brunt of the blame.......

But did he not see a picture of her??
If he did then why did he travel half way across the world for that??????? Is he blind, or just so sex-starved?? (or maybe beauty truely IS in the eye of the beholder :eek: )

And if she sent a picture of someone else claiming it was her, then did he not smell the bs when he saw her in the flesh??????

So many questions which may never become public knowledge.

They are both wrong or stupid, or both.

Steve Williams
16th July 2003, 22:40
The latest news from the radio this evening.

She is being "spoken to" by Manchester CID (police) back in the UK.

He is being "questioned" by German police.

Jock Armstrong
17th July 2003, 00:56
Apparently, when his computer was checked he had kiddie porn on it. What now??:beer:

Vapour
17th July 2003, 01:06
Originally posted by Jock Armstrong
Apparently, when his computer was checked he had kiddie porn on it. What now??:beer:

Hmmm, that change it. Can you give us the link to your source. Plus, it's slightly different if he had "barely legal" pr0n.

PwarYuex
17th July 2003, 05:49
Originally posted by Jock Armstrong

The charge of Possession of underage pornography is laid on him?

Cody
17th July 2003, 06:11
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/07/14/world/main563074.shtml

"He was arrested for abduction under the power of an international arrest warrant,"

It seems the man's arrest has nothing to do with child pornography on his computer.

Police sources said images of child pornography were discovered on Studabaker's computer during investigations into the missing pair.

Indeed, the man should be locked up for that alone, if the "police source" is accurate. (you never know where media get their info from)

The sources also said they had evidence, again taken from Studabaker's computer, that the ex-Marine knew that Shevaun was 12, not 18 or 19, as he had claimed to relatives.

I wonder what kind of evidecne. If the man knew she is 12, then I will join the "hang/ shoot/ drown him league". Otherwise, I propose that Britain should bring back the switch.

-Cody

william northcote
17th July 2003, 08:09
I wonder what kind of evidecne. If the man knew she is 12, then I will join the "hang/ shoot/ drown him league". Otherwise, I propose that Britain should bring back the switch.
-Cody

Britian does not need "the switch", it may be an innocent found guilty ETC ETC ETC

So the guy's home comp had questionable porn on the hard drives. Most of chils porn is distributed through the peer to peer networks. I got a 7 second video clip of a young girl in a ring taking out a guy with one hard kick to the groin, yet parts of the search tags were geared at young sex and towards child molesters. Just do a search on the world "lolitas" on any P2P and you will find too much to not get worried over.

But do we really need to make this guy suffer? Only if he did someting to the 12YO girl. But prisoners have a habit of making perverts of children suffer anyway, so who needs "the switch".

Cody
17th July 2003, 09:04
Well said, Mr. Northcote. By the way, the switch is meant for the "otherwise" scenario - ie, if this whole lolita-comes-true is the little lady's brain child, and the man is innocent (does not know about her age). I am sure the 31 yo marine boy has seen much worse in the boot camp already, the brit switch probably won't do much good to his moral.

-Cody

Mike Passow
17th July 2003, 19:34
http://thesmokinggun.com/archive/studabaker1.html

I hate to try this guy on E-budo... but it seems like there's more to this story than a manipulative young girl and a completely innocent guy.

Yours,
Mike