PDA

View Full Version : Lets have some fun!!

sean dixie
16th July 2003, 23:10
Nearly midnight and couple of beeers in!:D

Well,it's that time of the year, and that means sending Steve some money to confirm your summer camp placement- mines on the way Steve -not to late I hope :p
Anyway just thought I'd get some general views from everybody as regards the increasing 'softness' of the BSKF summer camps. Times do have to change and perhaps the old days were a little mad, but I just can't help looking back and thinking what fun they were!

Sensei Mizuno says that the reason no European kenshi have trained in our camps is that we're too hard! So! In France, wine with your lunch! Start at ten, finish at four! Call that training! :laugh:

Yeah, I'm older now and the thought of vomiting just before the morning run doesn't seem to be the fun it was(And please don't even think of asking me to cut back on the Friday/Saturday night drinking!:beer: )But last year I was a little disturbed by the idea from Aosaka Sensei about perhaps bringing non training kenshi down for the fun. Where from there? Perhaps a car boot sale for the locals. A fete maybe? Anyone want to look after the jam stall?

Come on Steve, come out from the cover and back me up here!

I'm not talking about the VERY old days(Mizuno Sensei in his 20's)No that kind of thinking is dangerous!Just,perhaps back a couple of years before all Sensei's original kenshi gave up work in order to become healers and therapists:D

Now they all know the damage that's caused!

Mind you last year Aosaka Sensei did make the point about it being good to find a lover at summer camp, and let it be known that I always do as Sensei says!:kiss:

David Dunn
17th July 2003, 09:37
Just,perhaps back a couple of years before all Sensei's original kenshi gave up work in order to become healers and therapists

Perhaps we should let Jee and Paul White Sensei know your views Sean. I'm sure they'd be delighted to give you a bit of randori therapy. Now that would be fun. :laugh:

By the way, try not to pinch the arses of any local hardmen this year.

Tripitaka of AA
17th July 2003, 10:20
Originally posted by sean dixie
last year I was a little disturbed by the idea from Aosaka Sensei about perhaps bringing non training kenshi down for the fun ...[snip]...Come on Steve, come out from the cover and back me up here!

Sorry Sean, but Steve has already been asking me if I'd like to come down just to join in the party the night before :D I think he may be on Aosaka Sensei's side (and let's face it, would you rather be on his side or against him!! :eek: )

I shan't be able to come, but you know that all the past Kenshi are looking down from the heavens, watching your every move. Tell me you still do a thouasand kicks and a thousand punches during the kihon on the final day. It just wouldn't be the same without it!

David Dunn
17th July 2003, 10:32
Tell me you still do a thouasand kicks and a thousand punches during the kihon on the final day. It just wouldn't be the same without it!

David, that sort of thing doesn't go on much anymore. The training is far more seminar like.

Steve Williams
17th July 2003, 17:46
It may have escaped most of your notice......

But I do the morning "exercise" EVERY MORNING, OF EVERY SUMMER CAMP.

Last year about 30 people did the run/exercise on the saturday.

There were only 8 people up on the sunday, and 7 of those (including me) were my kenshi........ (congrats Mike Carew, you were the only other nutter who was not my student[even though you were once for a while] ;) ).

I have been "told" by sensei that it is OPTIONAL, not compulsary..... so I do not "door-knock" any more..... but I may start again this year :)

George Hyde
18th July 2003, 10:50
Originally posted by Steve Williams
I have been "told" by sensei that it is OPTIONAL, not compulsary..... so I do not "door-knock" any more..... but I may start again this year :)

If y' think yer big enough mate... I'll be waiting... :saw:

Later,

Steve Williams
18th July 2003, 19:04
Hey George.....

I have seen (and heard :eek: ) you sleep......

The earth could explode and it wouldn't wake you..... ;)

But could you mean that you would be just getting into bed after a "heavy night"...... oh, that I could believe :D

And I am big enough.... and ugly enough (before anyone else mentions it ;) )