PDA

View Full Version : Men - reduce your risk of cancer

PeteBoyes
17th July 2003, 08:09
Men could reduce their risk of developing prostate cancer through regular masturbation, researchers suggest.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3072021.stm

Why is it that these sorts of studies always seem to come (no pun intended!) from 'Australian researchers' ?

A. M. Jauregui
17th July 2003, 08:52
It is because the Australian boys do not score like the Brits and therefore have to take action into their own hands... :eek: j/k

monkeyboy_ssj
17th July 2003, 11:07
That's rubbish.

Most guys either have sex or relieve themselves on a regular basis anyway...

i like these tests that say " If you breath air you'll get cancer, because we found that people that have cancer breath air!"

Load of crap...

Mike Williams
17th July 2003, 12:33
Originally posted by monkeyboy_ssj
Load of crap...

Maybe, but I'm not taking any chances.

:D :D :D

Cheers,

Mike

Chuck Munyon
17th July 2003, 13:37
Gotta quibble with you here, Matt. First of all, the protective effect applies strictly to ejaculation as related to masturbation, since intercourse carries a risk of carcinogenesis related to STIs. Secondly, masturbation frequency varies a lot more widely than you assert. Thirdly, the prostate does in fact concentrate various carcinogens from the bloodstream, and the duct flushing effect that they reference in breast cancer risk is well documented. Finally, this doesn't mean that everyone who masturbates frequently will not get cancer and vice versa, it simply demonstrates and attempts to explain an epidemiological correlation. Most of the time the media blows the findings way out of proportion, but that's not the scientists' fault.

StanLee
17th July 2003, 13:47
All I can say on this matter is...

Use it and abuse it.

Don't use it and you'll loose it!

Stan:shot: :shot:

seskoad
17th July 2003, 14:43
[i]
Why is it that these sorts of studies always seem to come (no pun intended!) from 'Australian researchers' ? [/B]

hahahahahaha.....because mr. Jack still on the flag. :D

monkeyboy_ssj
17th July 2003, 17:25
Chuck,

Sorry i took so long to answer, i was having a wank.

Seriously though,

Even if it's true do you think anyone will start doing it more? Chinese people believe that it's a bad thing due to it releases to much life chi.

Sure you may not have protate cancer but you'll never be able to see more than 1 inch infront of you! (Joke)

ah bugger it, long live palmela and her five sisters.

Cheers :D

BC
17th July 2003, 18:49
What an "eye-opening" study! Let's all give it a hand!

John Lindsey
17th July 2003, 19:05
Now I know why many of our members spend an average of 10 minutes in our Men's Room...

Charlie Kondek
17th July 2003, 19:56
Originally posted by monkeyboy_ssj
Sorry i took so long to answer, i was having a wank.

SLOK!

As opposes to LOL, this is Sprayed Liquid on Keyboard! Bwahaha!

aemon_
17th July 2003, 20:32
hahahaha!

http://www.cri-it.com/tshark/godkillssmall.jpg

later

Chuck Munyon
17th July 2003, 21:32
The problem with the chinese belief that masturbation releases life-energy is that if that were the case, I would already have expended several lifetimes worth of energy.
Although I do have to theorize here that in ancient China, ejaculation may indeed have placed an excessive metabolic load on the already (on average) malnourished system. That's a lot of carbohydrate and amino acids to be expending on a regular basis when you're starving! Nowadays, though, it'll help you LOSE weight, which as we know helps prevent hypertension, heart disease, and diabetes. Plus, even without weight loss, exercise reduces your risk for all of these diseases and a host of others as well.

Therefore, by the power that will eventually be vested in me, I hereby prescribe a masturbation regimen involving a miniumum of one session daily (and not to exceed four except on weekends) for all members of e-budo.

(someday to be Dr.) Munyon

Kolschey
18th July 2003, 03:15
Perehaps even the Surgeon General one day, eh, Doc Munyon? :D
It'll be a joy to read that in the morning paper...

Sugeon General advocates controversial new regimen for prostate health... :)

John Lindsey
18th July 2003, 05:36
Don't some religions have a problem with masterbation? I thought the Catholic church didn't approve of it, or at least that is what my mom told me :).

monkeyboy_ssj
18th July 2003, 10:36
Originally posted by Charlie Kondek

SLOK!

As opposes to LOL, this is Sprayed Liquid on Keyboard! Bwahaha!

That's WICKED! hahahahaha!!

Oh and Chuck, remind me never to argue with you! ;)

WARP SPEED 7! Ah canneh do it, ah dini have the pooowah!

aemon_
18th July 2003, 14:27
Don't some religions have a problem with masterbation? I thought the Catholic church didn't approve of it, or at least that is what my mom told me

i havent a clue, i just thought that pic was funny!

later

Charlie Kondek
18th July 2003, 14:27
Oh... my... "She kinna houl tagedda, Cap'n!"

bgb
18th July 2003, 15:53
Don't some religions have a problem with masterbation? I thought the Catholic church didn't approve of it, or at least that is what my mom told me :).

Mom lied.

I volunteer in adult faith formation at my Catholic church. This question comes up often. I don’t have the citations in front of me but the short answer is that it’s considered a normal sexual function of adults. It’s considered a sin if it’s done to the point where it interferes with one’s relationship with God or other people.

Our deacon has alllllllll sorts of jokes about sex. This one relates back to the time when Catholics didn’t eat breakfast until after services.

Is it ok to have sex Sunday morning before services?

Of course, as long as you don’t block the aisle.

Barb Bloom

monkeyboy_ssj
18th July 2003, 16:16
Originally posted by Charlie Kondek
Oh... my... "She kinna houl tagedda, Cap'n!"

I'm a Doctor Jim! Not a Martial Artist!

seskoad
19th July 2003, 15:35
I don't how this "flush" come up as solution to prevent cancer. But so far I know, if you masturbate too much you'll get blind. And why masturbation? why not just sex (I mean here b/w man and woman)? :D