PDA

View Full Version : Santa Cruz

DJM
7th June 2000, 00:04
Hi..
I was wondering if anyone had experience of any good dojos in the Snata Cruz area? One of the people from my dojo is going to be moving out there, and would like to continue his Aikido.
I think, ideally, he'd be looking for a shodokan/tomiki dojo as he has a strong interest in the physical side of things, though I'd imagine a good traditional-style dojo might be good for him http://216.10.1.92/ubb/wink.gif
Thanks,
David

------------------
Poetry of Birds,
A Thousand Voice Melody,
Dancing on the Waves
-- David Marshall

kenkyusha
7th June 2000, 01:04
(Isn't Hans Goto sensei out there?) Try Aikiweb's Dojo Finder. It is a great service, and its free!

Be well,
Jigme

------------------
Jigme Chobang
Kenkyusha@bigfoot.com

Mike Collins
7th June 2000, 02:40
North Bay Aikido is a good school. Linda Holliday (5th? dan) trained in Shingu with Hikitsuchi Sensei a 10th dan with an emphasis on leading and movement.

Aikido San Jose has Jack Wada (6th dan), who also trained with Hikitsuchi Sensei. He is (in my humble opinion) one of the best in this area, but he's been my main teacher since I started, so I may be prejudiced. Not much physical stuff if you're into resistance, but excellent fundamentals I think. I can train almost anywhere, except
I have been in poor condition because of some of my choices, so I run out of steam quick, but I've gotten enough of a foundation that I can train with most anyone when I'm in condition. (You looking at my gut? I'm working on it!- Middle aged man!!!)

San Francisco Bay Area is rife with good Aikido and Santa Cruz is pretty much part of the Bay Area. A good move for Aikido.

Hans Goto is in Marin. I think the school is Bay Marin Aikido.

[This message has been edited by Mike Collins (edited 06-06-2000).]