PDA

View Full Version : a good workout?

GreySilk
22nd July 2003, 02:50
Hey guys...i'm in training right now to be a cop. Save all your hisses for later. So right now I have a workout that mostly of the gym variety. But i want something a little more martial art oriented too.

What kind of things would you recommend?

A. M. Jauregui
22nd July 2003, 05:54
Judo, take a lot of ukemi.

Getting up time and time again gets quite arduous after a quite and as a future police officer it would only be beneficial to know how to properly fall...

GreySilk
22nd July 2003, 06:03
adroitjimon - thats sounds a little too hardcore right now..can i just start on the monkey bars??

just kidding.

thanks for the suggestions mates.

Dave Neeley
22nd July 2003, 06:05
Bourbon.

Shitoryu Dude
22nd July 2003, 06:17
donuts and teenage girls who work the night shift (no, wait, that's for later when he gets a gut and a wife).

Why not just add in two or three nights at the dojo doing kumite, kata, and kobudo? Toss in some weight training and some time on the treadmill and you should be set.

:beer:

adroitjimon
23rd July 2003, 02:50
Originally posted by GreySilk
adroitjimon - thats sounds a little too hardcore right now..can i just start on the monkey bars??

just kidding.

thanks for the suggestions mates.

Well at least the play groungs will be safe,<o><o><o>
<o><o>
<o>...

Mike Williams
23rd July 2003, 10:28
GreySilk - Since no-one gave you a serious answer, try this:

http://www.trainforstrength.com/

Download Scrapper's workouts - they're body-weight based (so no equipment needed) and are specifically designed for (Mixed) Martial-Arts.

Highly recommended.

Cheers,

Mike

william northcote
23rd July 2003, 10:36
Just do what you feel is right. Learn a bit of everything and adapt.

william northcote
23rd July 2003, 10:39
Seeing as you are training for Canadian police, why not look into rope techniques. I have seen on Reality TV the R.C.M.P use a rope with a carabina clip thing on the end to tie up people who are more less willing to be arrested. :D

Bushi Jon
23rd July 2003, 13:26
Do yourself a favor find a p.o.s.t instructor take the class then take a few situation managment corses learn how to stay level headed in a crisis situation. You will be the best cop ever

GreySilk
23rd July 2003, 17:25
Definitely check out all those things.

Thanks Mike, Will and Bushi Jon.