PDA

View Full Version : Microphone catches talking about prolonging budget crisis

A. M. Jauregui
23rd July 2003, 05:25
It is just about unbelievable. Political wrangling that lead to the detriment of the populous just gets me quite steamed. :redhot:

San Francisco Chronicle: Open microphone catches California Democrats talking about prolonging budget crisis (http://www.sfgate.com//cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2003/07/22/national1417EDT0629.DTL)

Snippets from the above mentioned article:

Members of the coalition of liberal Democrats talked about slowing progress on the budget as a means of increasing pressure on Republicans.

Goldberg said her comments were part of a larger discussion about whether it would be better to make deeper cuts this year to give taxpayers a taste of how bad things would be without a tax increase.

Shitoryu Dude
23rd July 2003, 06:03
Hate to say it, but to me this just proves every despicable thing I've ever believed about politicians in general and Democrats in particular.

The fact that they later tried to brush it off as meaningless BS just emphasizes how little regard and respect they have for the public that they "serve".

:beer:

tenchijin2
23rd July 2003, 06:27
Really, this is hardly news though, if you follow the behavior of these people. I'm glad it got some coverage, but did anyone think they weren't doing this before?

TenguAteMyPuppy
23rd July 2003, 08:10
Just out of boredom (don't expect me to stick around on this one)...

1) This is the essence of politics. If a bad economy got my party into control, you can bet I'd be doing the same backhanded crap the rest of them do. Oh yes, and getting as much money out of it in the process as absolutely possible. If you think you mean anything to any politician, and you don't control a significant amount of wealth, get over yourself. Maybe just sit back and enjoy being a (sometimes bothersome) statistic.

2) ...I sort of forgot my second point. Sorry, my memory is pretty much shot. Just consider this like an "IOU" or something of that nature.

Charlie Kondek
23rd July 2003, 15:55
Bastards all.

Shitoryu Dude
23rd July 2003, 16:07
I think it would be funny as all hell if the individuals who were identified as wanting to use the budget debacle to their political advantage were recalled :cool:

A. M. Jauregui
23rd July 2003, 22:38
What an old boyfriend of mine emailed
Grab your guns its revolution time for this BIATCH!
Why you ask? (see below)
"Unaware that live microphone was broadcasting their words, Assembly Democrats debated prolonging California's budget crisis for political gain"

I do not know about a recall Harvey, the one for Davis is taking what feels like forever. Unlike like my friend, I am going to remember and vote them right into the poor house, instead of becoming a political revolutionary. If the voting fails to work however then it would be time to have a bit of blood spilled. (I do not want to get out of practice :) .)

Shitoryu Dude
23rd July 2003, 23:01
One of the things I miss about living in Oregon is the ease at which they recalled public officials. When I lived there in the late 70's early 80's we recalled elected officials on a whim for several years. Once they all got the hint that the public really was watching what they were doing they all got their act together and flew right.

Those that didn't get recalled but still managed to have their record hauled through the mud did not get reelected.

:beer: