PDA

View Full Version : Kiai Golf (i can't tell if this is for real or not)

avehnor
24th July 2003, 18:20
http://www.kiaigolf.com/kiaigolf.shtm

dirithtai
24th July 2003, 18:24
I hope that's not serious...

But honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

Why was that woman's sword blue?

Bushi Jon
24th July 2003, 19:19
I have seen her at a tourney down in Florida do not know if she is any good. I do believe in internal energy and if it could help my golf game for free I am all for it. I geuss as with anything else one should find what marketing works for your company and if it works more power to you(as long as it isnt illegal).

Neil Yamamoto
24th July 2003, 19:23
Oh this is real all right.

Jamie Zimron has done quite well for herself, she was at Aiki Expo last year demonstrating.

Slick marketing and positioning here. Take psycho babble like this: "There is an infinite intelligence flowing innately through your every movement. As you learn how to let your body mirror your vision you can swing with unlimited clarity, power and freedom." (translation- use visual imagery to improve physical performance)

Add in some pretty good golf skills, aikido and her degree in psych and you have a highly marketable product to those seeking more meaning in what they do in life, or more realistically, some one to validate what they do.

I don't get it myself, but she's got a pretty good following out there.

avehnor
24th July 2003, 19:35
after filtering through her site, i'm now wondering... maybe my sensei would consider letting us have class on a golf course one night.... or maybe incorporating a golf kata into our curriculum.

ooh... brain is churning.

Neil Yamamoto
24th July 2003, 19:46
Sita,

Tell Gene I approve of "Caddydojo". He can play the Rodney Dangerfield role, Mark can be Carl the greenskeeper, and Ken can be Judge Smails.

Now, who's gonna be the gopher?

avehnor
24th July 2003, 22:20
Gene replied:

"any yellow belt that wears her or his white belt in class should be the "gopher" or is that golfer. I do not play golf as it is an old man's game. Maybe in 25 years."

So, uh, Neil... do you wanna play the Rodney Dangerfield part? You're old enough, right?!!!

And I think Gene was referring to me when he mentioned the 7th kyu wearing a white belt. >.<

Jack B
24th July 2003, 22:49
I heard a story the Ueshiba O-Sensei was invited once to a golf course. He watched, then took a club, swung away, and got a hole in one. He said, "This is easy," and tossed the club aside.

A. M. Jauregui
24th July 2003, 23:53
KiAiGolf (http://www.kiaigolf.com/kiaigolf.shtm)
Imagine playing golf like a Black Belt!

I have a black belt and I assure you that playing like me is not something anyone wants to do. :)

John Lindsey
25th July 2003, 00:28
Here is one of the most memorable golf photos:

avehnor
25th July 2003, 00:31
:laugh:

Chiburi
25th July 2003, 12:46
Very nice, John! :D
--
It like to see him swing with the sword...

Vapour
25th July 2003, 13:50
It's likely to be something to do with Ki Aikido. One of the book the founder of Ki aikido wrote had golf in it.

sean_stonehart
25th July 2003, 15:05
Look at the photo gallery, 2nd row, middle picture

Chiburi
25th July 2003, 17:57
Originally posted by sean_stonehart
Look at the photo gallery, 2nd row, middle picture

Oh no...such a promising start!? :p

Underneath the picture it says: "Teaching at the Juko Kai Black Belt Clinic, Portland, Maine."

Sean's pointing us to this picture:

A. M. Jauregui
25th July 2003, 22:13
Originally posted by John Lindsey
Here is one of the most memorable golf photos:

OMG... I am way too tight for that... Maybe after a few more yoga classes. :look:

Don Cunningham
26th July 2003, 19:44
2001 Appointed Aikido Division Head for Juko-Kai USA by the Founder/Soke Dr. Rod Sacharnowski.
KiAi Golf?

Jamie Zimron is just another representative of Juko-Kai's approach to the martial arts. Invent any kind of fruit loop idea and they will pay...

Why am I not surprised?

Do they hit the golf balls into their genitals? Is that the idea here? :eek:

Chidokan
27th July 2003, 23:44
its another of those screaming tennis things aint it? Best use for a golf course is to turn it into a dojo anyway...;)

Tim Hamilton