PDA

View Full Version : next tai kai

dan carter
21st September 2000, 14:09
Massa Sahib
Was truly a pleasure to be allowed to participate in this magnificent event. Even nicer that you personally insisted that I come to orlando to do it. There was , it seems an excellent turnout from some very proficient and formidable swordsmen. One especially whom I feel was under appreciated was that very large man from the west coast somewhere who did an excellent kata, yet went unrewarded, (at least , unrecognized by the judges). That was one on the very few inequities I witnessed. (Other than my own lack of spectacular achievement. I didn't however, know that you invited Peter Pan(zy) or I would have been more prepared. What was his name? Ruffles? I can't recall. In any event, and it certainly was. T H A N K S !!!!!!!!!!
Catfish

bob elder
21st September 2000, 18:38
Thanks for the compliments. The "large" man ( who I hear is 6'8' and 360 lbs) is the famous Tony Alvarez. I watched his kata and the man can move! I heard from several people he deserved to plaCE IN CUTTING. i DIDN'T SEE THAT BUT DON'T DOUBT IT. There was a big problem in that ( as in wakizashi, which you were one of 3 to successfully cut rokudan giri) In Japan if you miss a cut , or knock tyhe stand over or cut the peg, you're out. That is what I thought they would do here. But so many had traouble cutting , the judges would run people thru 2 or 3 times. So, that was part of the confusion. Bob Elder