PDA

View Full Version : Help! Scientific research needed!

Glenville Kedie
21st September 2000, 22:02
Hi all -

Here's an oddball question for you - your possible answers will help a damsel (not me) in distress with a college professor. Question is as follows - what research if any exists to show an increase in physical AND mental perfomance ability, i.e. intellectual aptitude, through the practice and performance of the martial arts? Ideally, the prof in question would like articles from magazines and journals, the more scientifically recognized the better, one should think. Though something from Blackbelt Movie Mag may have to do in a pinch. Please please pretty please, can anyone offer up sites that might yeild the nuggets for which my lady-friend seeks?

Aloha,

Glenville

Mark Brecht
22nd September 2000, 05:29
Hi and welcome to ebudo,

this Help section is meant for ebudo related problems.

Please be so kind and repost under the Resource section, in the "Media and Martial Arts" forum, I am sure you will be helped there.

MarkF
22nd September 2000, 07:40
Hi, Glenville,
Mark is right in that this is not the proper or correct forum to ask such questions, but I can tell you, for every project or thesis done in this area, there are probably at least that many results.

Personlly, I don't think martial arts are "special" in this regard, as most anything in which you train the mind and body yields similar paybacks.

Go the to Research methods section as well, and I can promise you, not only will you get the links for doing this yourself, but you will get opinions and probably "all you wanted to know about MA but were afraid to ask." :)

Mark