PDA

View Full Version : Pop quiz!

avehnor
30th July 2003, 06:22
so, i bought this new book "kokology: the game of self-discovery"

it's a popular japanese psychological quiz game, based on the study of "kokoro" ("mind" or "spirit" in nihongo). anyway, how it works is... Kokology asks you some questions to seemingly innocent topics... and then it'll reveal what your answers say about you. it's like multiple choice. you chose from a series of answers that best fits you. let's try one for the heck of it!

since i've little patience to actually sit and type out everything word for word... i'll give you a condensed version of the question. in about 24 or so hours, i'll post up the key. :)

oh.. you guys all read... and post up your answers. if you have the book or know the answers... no cheating!

p. 60
"Imagine a clear blue sky without a cloud in sight. Just thinking about it should give your spirits a little lift. Now turn your mind's eye down to survey the landscape. Which of the following scenes feel most calming and relaxing to you?

1) A white snowy plain.
2) A blue seascape.
3) A green mountain.
4) A field of yellow flowers."

Now, I haven't read the key yet... so I'm going to go ahead and share my answer.

4. A field of yellow flowers.

A. M. Jauregui
30th July 2003, 06:50
3) A green mountain.

I have an inkling why I have chosen this option but will kept it to myself until Sita dishes out the key...

koma
30th July 2003, 09:17
I too, have to opt for #3.

Chrono
30th July 2003, 18:22
I'd say the blue seascape. Water has always seemed to calm me.

Jon

sean_stonehart
30th July 2003, 18:44
Green Mountain... :D

Uesugi Kenshin
30th July 2003, 19:02
Defenetly the green mountain for me.

dirithtai
30th July 2003, 20:28
A Blue seascape

Mitch Saret
30th July 2003, 20:37
I'm going for a blue seascape as well. It might just be because my wife and I are planning on going to Key West In december or January!

Soulend
30th July 2003, 20:40
Chock up a green mountain for me :)

Cady Goldfield
30th July 2003, 21:03
I'll bite. Blue seascape. But, I grew up on the ocean, and that's home to me. Green mountain is a definite second choice, although we apparently don't get asked for second choices.

Tests like these are not good indicators of personality, etc. because there often are deeper interpretations and meanings for the individual. Ya can't generalize.

Hm. Maybe the yellow flowers... Nah. :D

Ron Tisdale
30th July 2003, 21:24
Cady! You grew up on the ocean?? I hope there wasn't much of a swell...

RT :)

PS Green Mountain

Cady Goldfield
30th July 2003, 21:36
Only my head, Ron.
Actually, our house was on a sea wall, and you could feel when the tide was in because of the vibes of the waves. Whenever there was a storm high tide, the house would shake like a 6.5 earthquake. When I went to college, I couldn't sleep well for weeks in the dorm because I was so accustomed to the house shaking.

sean dixie
30th July 2003, 22:06
Please add one more green mountain from me.:)

adroitjimon
30th July 2003, 22:44
Me,I would say the most relaxing would have to be the field with
yellow flowers ,because when the flowers are yellow the sun is
not yet hot. Yes this is my final answer
4.feild of yellow flowers.

avehnor
31st July 2003, 06:25
"The color blue has the power to soothe the soul. Even a blue imagine in the mind can slow the pulse and make you take a deep breath. Other colors have significance too. The scene you pictured contrasted against that clear blue sky reveals a hidden talent that resides in the depths of your untroubled mind."

1. A white snowy plain.
You are blessed with a special sensitivity that allows you to comprehend situations at a glance and decipher complex problems without needing any proof or explanation. You have what it takes to be a clear-sighted decision maker and even something of a visionary. Always trust your first intuitions; they will guide you well.

2. A blue seascape.
You have a natural talent for interpersonal relations. People respect your ability to communicate with others and the way you help bring diverse groups together. Just by being around, you help others work more smoothly and efficiently; making you an invaluable member of any project or team. When you say, "Nice job. Keep up the good work," people know you mean it. So it means that much more to them.

3. A green mountain.
Your gift is for expressive communication. You always seem to be able to find the words to express the way you feel, and people soon realise it's exactly how they were feeling, too. They say that joy shared is multiplied, while shared grief is divided. You always seem able to help others find the right side of that equation.

4. A field of yellow flowers.
You are a storehouse of knowledge and creativity, bursting with ideas and almost infinite potential. Keep attuned to the feelings of others and never stop workig on building your dreams, and there is nothing you cannot acheive.

A. M. Jauregui
31st July 2003, 07:10
Like Cady with the sea I grow up at the base of foot hills (type of mountain range) that would turn green after the arrival of the lightest rain. Mountains remind me of home...

I too question the validity of this quiz, but this and others like it sure are fun. :D

Soulend
31st July 2003, 10:20
Your gift is for expressive communication...
Not at all in my case..at least in person. More likely has to do with the fact that I grew up in and around mountains, and find nature comforting.