PDA

View Full Version : Pop Quiz II

avehnor
31st July 2003, 06:40
This one is called "A True Adventure"

P. 128

Have you ever had a true adventure, the kind you read about in novels or watch on the silver screen? An action-filled series of cliff-hanging scrapes and brushes with destiny, and of course a touch of romance to keep interest levels high? Wouldn't you like to?

1. You are a warrior in an ancient kingdom and have been chosen to accompany the most famous hero in the land on a mission to recover a stolen treasure. What does the hero say to you as you prepare to embark on your quest?

2. Before you set off, the king summons you and gives you a sword to see you through your adventure. What kind of sword is it? Describe it in detail.

3. Your travels take you over high mountains and through dense old forests, and you encounter many obstacles and crises along the way. Now you have finally arrived at the mouth of the cave where the stolen treasure lies waiting. How many enemies have you met thus far in the course of your adventure?

4. You enter the cavern and finally discover the treasure you have been seeking. At that moment, what expression crosses the face of the great hero you accompanied on this quest? Describe the expression in detail.

My answers:
1. He says, "Welcome aboard."
2. It's a light broadsword with runes of some sort etched upon the flat of the blade. It's perfectly balanced and lengthened for someone of my (short) stature. The blade is pure... never having tasted blood nor cut into flesh. I am the first to use it.
3. Three
4. A look of relief and accomplishment crosses his face as he eyes the treasure. He then would smile and congratulate all of us for a job well done before we make the grim journey back home.

dirithtai
31st July 2003, 16:48
1. You are a warrior in an ancient kingdom and have been chosen to accompany the most famous hero in the land on a mission to recover a stolen treasure. What does the hero say to you as you prepare to embark on your quest?

Grumbles and whines that he doesn't need help from a rookie.

2. Before you set off, the king summons you and gives you a sword to see you through your adventure. What kind of sword is it? Describe it in detail.

1.5 edge hand and a half, slight falchion curvature with silver chased steel fittings and black hilt-wraps and scabbard. 3 narrow fullers run up the blade, following the curvature, and there's a big facted sapphire in the hilt, that seems to have a star floating in the center.

3. Your travels take you over high mountains and through dense old forests, and you encounter many obstacles and crises along the way. Now you have finally arrived at the mouth of the cave where the stolen treasure lies waiting. How many enemies have you met thus far in the course of your adventure?

More than I could conveniently count, or would bother to count after 50 or so.

4. You enter the cavern and finally discover the treasure you have been seeking. At that moment, what expression crosses the face of the great hero you accompanied on this quest? Describe the expression in detail.

None, he's dead because he got cocky, then got shot in the eye by an ork 4 days out of town. :)

adroitjimon
31st July 2003, 23:56
1. "sometimes you are never going to find what you are looking for
until you lose it"

2. The sword was not merely a sword it was more of needing to be,
For you see the sword I was given was the artifact we were sent
to find,(alas the quote) I've not ever seen the sword so,
it is hard to discribe it in detail but I'm told it glows
as the rays of the Sun shining down...

3. None as the course of the quest begins after
the artifact has been found ...

4. Do you see what I see?

Shitoryu Dude
1st August 2003, 04:26
1) "The dwarf-tossing contest is at 8:00, I've already bet 3 gold royals on you to miss the dwarf."

2) It is o-katana, The blade is over a yard long with a deep sori. From guard to the buttcap the handle is as long as my forearm. It is wrapped in black leather over gold badges with my family coat of arms. The guard is a steel disk with gold inlay of bamboo and dragonflies.

3) 237 - but we managed to get by most of them by pretending to be traveling circus clowns. We had to throw the dwarf at some in order to slow them down enough to saddle up the giraffe and escape.

4) He is very upset, we lost the dwarf and now we have to carry all this crap back ourselves.

Soulend
1st August 2003, 04:47
1.) "Welcome aboard! Stay out of the way."

2.) Katana, with a buke-zukuri mounting. Blade of 2 shaku, 4 bu in length. Kissaki: fukuru-tsuku, chu-kissaki. Hi:kaku-dome, hisaki agari. Hamon: Kawazu-choji. Shiho-zumi-gitae construction. Generous sori, with rain-pattern habaki, leather tsuka-ito, and a tsuba of a "tiger-in-bamboo" design..black openwork iron. Menuki with a mouse sleeping peacefully upon the back of a snoozing tiger. Tsuka-gashira of a tiger's face. Matte black laquer saya.

3. 60.

4. Wide greedy smile...right before I separate his head from his body.:)

avehnor
1st August 2003, 06:13
oh dear. okies... answers might be goofy for the last question :)

Key to A True Adventure

By entering the role of a warrior charged with a mission of great importance, you also assumed the associated feelings of pride in being trusted with such responsibility. Your answers in this quiz are linked to how you handle your own pride.

1. The words the venerated hero spoke to you are words that play on your pride. In a sense, the words you imagined the hero saying are words you have a weak spot for and that can spur you to action.

Did you hear something inspiring like, "Trust me," "I'm counting on you," or "We're going to have to work together"? Each has its own special significance for the way you want to be called on for help.

OR was the hero something less than encouraging- "Just stay out of the way" or "If you're thinking about quitting now's the time"? You have a spot spot for people with cold attitudes.

2. The sword the king gave you is a symbol of your own self-pride. Was it a finely crafted shining blade or a rusty old, barely serviceable tool?

3. The number of enemies you encountered signifies the number of obstacles and crises you see yourself as having overcome in your own life so far. The greater the number, the greater your own confidence in your own abilities and pride in yourself should be. How many did you say?

Several hundred? One thing you don't lack is self-assurance. Of course, after all those adventures we're sure you have very valid reasons.

Just one or two? You don't see yourself as much of an adventurer, do you? Maybe you need some more life experience to help you gain confidence in yourself.

You didn't meet any enemies? Either the villains were too scared to show their faces after hearing you were coming, or you just figured they wouldn't bother with someone ignificant like you.

4. How did the hero react to recovering the lost treasure? The great hero who led you on this adventure actually represents those characteristics you admire most in the opposite sex (regardless of the gender you imagined the hero to be). The expression you pictured on the hero's face is the expression you find most attractive on a person of the opposite sex. Was it an ear-to-ear grin? A look of proud satisfaction or plain relief? Or maybe tears of joy? Whatever the expression, remember it. Someday, someone may use it to unlock your heart.

A. M. Jauregui
1st August 2003, 06:50
Aww, I am so sad that I missed out. :cry:

avehnor
1st August 2003, 07:14
aww... i will post more soon! promise.

dirithtai
1st August 2003, 17:17
4. How did the hero react to recovering the lost treasure? The great hero who led you on this adventure actually represents those characteristics you admire most in the opposite sex (regardless of the gender you imagined the hero to be). The expression you pictured on the hero's face is the expression you find most attractive on a person of the opposite sex. Was it an ear-to-ear grin? A look of proud satisfaction or plain relief? Or maybe tears of joy? Whatever the expression, remember it. Someday, someone may use it to unlock your heart.

And I said...

"None, he's dead because he got cocky, then got shot in the eye by an ork 4 days out of town. "

I think that means I'm in trouble...though maybe not so much as the guy who de-capitated his hero :-P

Soulend
1st August 2003, 18:29
Hehe...yeah...looks like I've got 'issues'..

:laugh:

adroitjimon
1st August 2003, 23:26
HMMMM????:idea: