PDA

View Full Version : Japanese woman beaten by 124 yr old

PeteBoyes
31st July 2003, 08:14
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3110525.stm

The world's oldest living person is believed to have been discovered in war-torn Chechnya - beating by nine years the current record holder.
The current world record holder is 115-year-old Kamato Hongo
Mrs Khachukayeva, a devout Muslim from the south-western Achkoi-Martan district, is said to remain energetic and be in comparatively good health despite impaired hearing.

Chechnya's Deputy Health Minister, Sultan Alimkhadzhiyev, said she has 24 grandchildren, 38 great-grandchildren and seven great-great-grandchildren.

He told Interfax news agency that doctors believed she might be even older than the age on her passport.

"Despite her advanced age, she still works around the house, looks after her numerous grandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren, and prays five times a day," said the agency report.

So, what is the secret to a long life:

Lots of children/family members to help in later life?
Still being active (is this a cause or a symptom) ?
Praying 5 times a day ?

Striking Hand
31st July 2003, 08:21
Remaining mentally and phsyically active.

Cheers.

A. M. Jauregui
31st July 2003, 09:08
Originally posted by PeteBoyes
So, what is the secret to a long life[?]

Having all of those kids to take care of.

Lol, reading the topic line, I was half expecting that some ancient Japanese man was beating on a woman. *Me and my warped mind.*

Striking Hand
31st July 2003, 09:10
Originally posted by A.M. Jauregui

Lol, reading the topic line, I was half expecting that some ancient Japanese man was beating on a woman. *Me and my warped mind.*

I thought the same thing.
:D

larsen_huw
31st July 2003, 09:28
Nice to know i'm not the only sick and twisted kiddo here! :D

MarkF
31st July 2003, 14:07
Nicely worded title. It got me in here, too.

Mark

Jack B
31st July 2003, 15:43
Being happy and busy.

Is there any way to really verify the age claim? Is it documented by original birth records in numercial sequence from 1879? Or is it based on when she was 14 and claimed to be 22 so she could run off with her first husband? (for example)

Vapour
31st July 2003, 17:11
:eek: I thought someone got beaten up.