2nd August 2003, 20:14
http://members.cox.net/snewberry5/war.htm

Rats of Mass Destruction
and other myths...
Exterminators killing Roof Rats with gleeful abandon
School children with clubs, smashing Roof Rats on "Kill a Rat Day"
Poison laced pellets, sticky little plastic death traps, BB guns
and More!
Yes, there is a war being waged against our beloved Roof Rats, a hidden war, a war that few are willing to talk about.

We must standup for Roof Rats!
Roof Rats may not always be right,
but that doesn't mean they don't have rights.

Consider the following quotation :

First they came for the mosquitoes, but I didn't speak up, because I'm not a mosquito.
Next they came for the rabid dogs, but I didn't speak up, because I'm not a rabid dog.
Then they came for the roof rats, but I didn't speak up, because I'm not a roof rat.
When they come for me, who will be left to speak up for the Roof Rats?
/s/ Some Famous Dead Guy

Anti Rat Propaganda
Example of Cruel Rodent Slander

Below is an actual article from The Arizona Repulsive showing clearly what lengths Roof Rat Haters will go to exterminate these loving creatures of nature, including the use of little children to do their dirty work..

Here is an article from the Arizona Repulsive Newspaper.

Arcadia Vs. The Roof Rats

The Arizona Repulsive
March. 11, 2003 12:00 AM

Rat Hating Citrus Harvesters Work to Keep Roof Rat Population Down

ARCADIA - Boy Scouts of America Scottsdale Troop 241 picked oranges, grapefruits and lemons over the weekend as part of a ruthless program to kill innocent roof rats in the Arcadia area.

The Arcadia Citrus Program To Starve Helpless Roof Rats is designed to keep roof rats, which have settled in and around Arcadia, from enjoying their rights to liife, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. It is a collaborative effort between Scottsdale and Phoenix and is being coordinated by the Arcadia Nazi Neighbor to Nazi Neighbor campaign, directed by Arcadia residents Larry (Killer) and Joanne (Animal Hater) Baceley.

Saturday's event included a blood curdling demonstration on how to get rid of roof rats and an appearance by "Rudy the Roof Rat," so people could see what a roof rat looks like. Dead roof rat carcasses were donated to Sheriff Joe Asshole to feed prisoners.

Below is an actual letter from a mere child, showing the ambivalent feelings that roof rats inspire in each of us.

The National War On Roof Rats

Much has been written about the recent surge of the Roof Rat (Rattus Rattus) in neighborhoods across the country. Most of this media attention has been focused on the supposed negative aspects of these furry little friends: links to terrorist organizations, spreading Islamic propaganda along with other diseases and stockpiling Rats of Mass Destruction to be used against innocent Americans.

Roof rats are considered a scourge by some, there is even talk of Roof Rats importing nuclear weapons grade materials from certain African countries. Fortunately, our national leaders have the knowledge, skill and vision to see us through this crisis by scouring the globe for those who hate our roof rats, and their freedom loving way of life. In fact, President Bush vowed not to rest until every Iraqi woman is free to cherish roof rats in a "normal Christian manner" and without having to wear a silly looking burka.

Yet, some people, are viciously attacking our roof rats' freedom to eat anywhere it damn well pleases (as God intended) and want to poison or trap them, even innocent roof rat babies.

Below are shocking images of how roof rats are being tortured and killed.

Actual Roof Rat Poisoning!
This trap, according to reliable British Intelligence sources, was used to capture and kill roof rats.

Others use poached roof rat pelts to fund sinister drug cartels, who use their ill gotten gains to support terrorists. There is even a national campaign to educate the public that if you wear clothes made of poached roof rat pelts, then YOU are supporting terrorists!

To stop those who hurt Roof Rats or those who support people who hurt Roof Rats, the government has imposed minimal restrictions on our constitutional rights. These temporary limitations to our freedoms are a small price to pay in order to protect our Roof Rat's democratic way of life. To this I say God bless President Bush, and God bless The roof rats.

In these trying times, it's important to let the world know which side you are on. You can stand up and be counted by joining Patriots for Roof Rats.

If you really love your country and your roof rats, send in your pledge to:

Patriots for Roof Rats
c/o
gnuberry@yahoo.com

A. M. Jauregui
2nd August 2003, 22:15
I recommend a stopover at the web page where the article was found - it has a few cute images.

Chuck Munyon
4th August 2003, 12:13
I remember when I was in High School, some individual(s) at Grinnell College mounted a propaganda campaign inciting patriotic fervor against the local squirrel population. I still have no idea what it was all about, but I remember fondly the slogans:

Take back the trees! Because the next nuts they hoard may be yours!

Save a cucumber! Pickle a squirrel!