PDA

View Full Version : Motoha Yoshin ryu jujutsu

Maska
5th August 2003, 09:10
Greetings to all!
Forgive me for my bad English language.
I am engaged Aikido (2 dan, now study style Nisio Syodzi), Tenshin Shoden Katori Sinto ryu (8 years, sensej Tetsutaka Sugavara).
Now started to study Muso Dzikiden Eishin ryu iaido, seitei jodo, and ju-jutsu - Kodokan Shin ryu (a modern style ju-jutsu), Yoseikan budo and Motoha Yoshin ryu.
But! On all styles ju-jutsu there is an information.
On style Motoha Yoshin ryu there is no information in internete. I know, that Motoha - was separated from Hontai Yoshin ryu, and its founder Yasumoto sensei. Whether there is at somebody more extensive information on this style?

tommysella
5th August 2003, 10:33
Hi Maska!

It's a rule here on E-budo to sign your post with the full name...

Regards,
Tommmy

Maska
5th August 2003, 10:47
Excuse me :)
Dennis Shelest

poryu
5th August 2003, 14:21
Hi

The Motoha Yoshin Ryu is run by Yasumoto sensei who recieved Menkyo Kaiden in the Hon tai Yoshin Ryu. For some reason i dont know he left the HYR and starte dthe Moto Ha.

there is a web page in danish language http://www.moto-ha.dk/

there is a list of some grade requirements on the site.

this is the only site I know of for this branch

hope it helps

Johan
5th August 2003, 16:52
That is correct, Yasumoto-sensei left Hontai Yoshin Ryu, or was asked to leave, some years ago. He was then an 8 dan in Hontai Yoshin Ryu.

Of course his system remineds of Hontai Yoshin Ryu. I think, from those trainingsessions I have had with him, that he is a very oualified instructor.

Maska, from what country are you?

Eric Baluja
5th August 2003, 17:44
Originally posted by Johan
He was then an 8 dan in Hontai Yoshin Ryu. If I've heard correctly, he was also granted menkyo kaiden by Inoue Sensei, but I'm not 100% sure.

Maska
5th August 2003, 19:09
to Johan
Russia

MarkF
6th August 2003, 00:36
Hi, Dennis,
This is just a friendly suggestion. So you don't have to remember to sign each post, go to the User CP button on the top right of the page. First button, click on it, then click on Profile. Scroll down and you should come to a box, labled as "signature." Type your name in it. Go down to the botton and click on the one which says "submit modifications." Then, click on "user options" and look for the question "Show signature?" Click on yes, submit it the same way, and then it will sign all your posts for you as default.

I know you mean to, I just thought it would be easier, once it is done.

Mark

Robert Cheshire
7th August 2003, 07:09
Where did you study Yoseikan Budo?

Maska
7th August 2003, 07:51
My friend comes to study to Jan Janssens. We want him to invite to RUSSIA

ImpressiveSport
19th December 2004, 15:02
I visited some training camps(in Sweden and Ukraine),where this style was presented,and i was impressed.
Coach was Yasumoto soke.
How's yours meanings about this style?

morpheus
20th December 2004, 02:44
I understand Moto ha Yoshinryu to be a branch school of Hontai Yoshin ryu Jujutsu. Yasumoto Akiyoshi was awared menkyo kaiden in Hontai Yoshin ryu. I understand he split from HYR in the late ninties.
That is all I know, and that may be inaccurate.

Eric Baluja
20th December 2004, 14:20
I don't know anything about Moto-ha Yoshin-ryu other than a very little bit about its founder, Yasumoto Sensei -- allegedly scary good at jujutsu and incredibly subtle in its application. Whether that's reflected in his Moto-ha or he has the ability to impart his skill to others, I have no idea.

Dan Harden
20th December 2004, 15:54
..........Whether that's reflected in his Moto-ha or he has the ability to impart his skill to others, I have no idea.

And there's the story of the martial arts. Talented men surrounded by lesser lights, either delluding themselves into thinking they are his equal because they know the Kata or thinking the "talent" can be imbued through the practice of them. Or we see the talented themselves- mistakingly thinking they can "create" their own equals.

The real mystery being the talent that rose to the occasion in one, through trial, while completely escaping the others, who watch, as if from afar, trying to grasp something that will forever ellude them.

If it were not so- we would be surrounded by giants. Instead, we find ourselves all too often in the good company of the lesser lights.

cheers
Dan

".....Misconduct in the the common affairs of life may be retrieved. But, it is quite otherwise in war, where errors are fatal and without remedy, and are followed by immmediate punishment.".....vegetius Book 1

ImpressiveSport
21st December 2004, 12:07
Who practicing this style,hows your opinion?

George Kohler
21st December 2004, 15:42
Originally posted by ImpressiveSport
I visited some training camps(in Sweden and Ukraine),where this style was presented,and i was impressed.
Coach was Yasumoto soke.
How's yours meanings about this style?

ImpressiveSport,

Please sign your posts with your full name. It is one of our rules here on E-Budo.

Tim Weigel
15th September 2005, 07:50
Moto-ha yoshinryu Jujutsu is a branch of Hontai yoshinryu.
Yasumoto sensei was a student of 17. soke Minaki Saburo.
In the 80`s Minaki gave Menkyo kaiden to Yasumoto sensei, Inoue sensei(18. soke of mainstream ryu), Haraga Hiroshi, Kanazawa Akira and Sato Kimimaro.
All work together for long time to teach Hontai yoshinryu. In the 90`s the son of Inoue, Inoue Kyoichi was apoited as main instructor of the ryu, becouse Inoue soke became old an sick. Inoue Kyoichi was student of His Father and all the other old senseis. Short after the apointment Yasumoto and Kanazawa Akira left Hontai yoshinryu and Yasumoto sensei opened his branch Moto-ha yoshinryu.
young Inoue is now soke of Hontai yoshinryu(Januar 2005).
Yasumoto sensei is now 72 jears old, but is still very activ in teaching all over the world. There are branch dojo in Schweden, Denmark, Ukraine, Moldavia, Israel, Germany, Russia, USA.
Nearly 6 month a year he travells around and teach.
Oktober this year there is a big Taikai in the Moto-ha hombu-dojo yonago Japan.

I hope everybody understand my bad german- englisch.

have a nice time

Tim Weigel,
Moto-ha yoshinryu shibu dojo, germany

www.yoshinkan-dojo.de

uusoksa
29th September 2006, 21:47
Hi! First time in these pages! Greets to all. Saw some discussion about Yasumoto Sensei leaving Hontai. I personally know very much in details about that. Interesting that people are interested!

Vedenant
2nd October 2006, 07:47
Tervetuloa E-Budo:n Kauko Sensei.

Eric Baluja
3rd October 2006, 21:56
Hi! First time in these pages! Greets to all. Saw some discussion about Yasumoto Sensei leaving Hontai. I personally know very much in details about that. Interesting that people are interested! Dear Uusoksa Sensei,

I would be interested to know what happened in that situation. All I know of Yasumoto Sensei is that his skill has been described to me as marvelous.

Thank you.

morpheus
4th October 2006, 01:19
Uusoksa Sensei,
Welcome to E-Budo. I second Eric's sentiment. I would love to hear more.

Jeff

Peter Nüchel
28th October 2006, 11:56
Greetings to all!
Forgive me for my bad English language.
I am engaged Aikido (2 dan, now study style Nisio Syodzi), Tenshin Shoden Katori Sinto ryu (8 years, sensej Tetsutaka Sugavara).
Now started to study Muso Dzikiden Eishin ryu iaido, seitei jodo, and ju-jutsu - Kodokan Shin ryu (a modern style ju-jutsu), Yoseikan budo and Motoha Yoshin ryu.
But! On all styles ju-jutsu there is an information.
On style Motoha Yoshin ryu there is no information in internete. I know, that Motoha - was separated from Hontai Yoshin ryu, and its founder Yasumoto sensei. Whether there is at somebody more extensive information on this style?

My name are Peter Nüchel. Please go to www.motohayoshinryuju-jutsu.dk
There you can read about Motohayoshinryu ju-jutsu.
If you need more information please write to: motohadk@yahoo.dk

Best regards
Peter Nüchel

Peter Nüchel
28th October 2006, 12:04
I understand Moto ha Yoshinryu to be a branch school of Hontai Yoshin ryu Jujutsu. Yasumoto Akiyoshi was awared menkyo kaiden in Hontai Yoshin ryu. I understand he split from HYR in the late ninties.
That is all I know, and that may be inaccurate.

My name are Peter Nüchel.
It is a mistake that Motohayoshinryu are a branch of Hontai.
But it is correct that Motohayoshinryu are in direct linie from Hontai yoshinryu and that Yasumoto left Hontai in the late ninties together with all his students and later he strarted motohayoshinryu.
For more info see www.motohayoshinryuju-jutsu.dk of write me on: motohadk@yahoo.dk

Best regards
Peter Nüchel