http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion/shinobi/

horrid spelling, grammar, and complete nonsense

The Coffee God
10th August 2003, 08:01
It's already been discussed.

http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20602

Mr.Franco
11th August 2003, 20:33
Fact: Ninja do not eat meat, as was common with all Japanes men of the time. This is esspecially important because of a Ninja's close ties with nature.

Dammit! Now I'll never become a ninja!:cry:

Mr.Franco
11th August 2003, 20:43
But I love meat-especially sushi! And if the Japanese men don't eat the sushi, then I feel bad for any of the wives who prepared it for them and it didn't even get sampled:p

Sad, very sad.

I always look forward to eating sushi!

This is a ninja disgrace.

Screw this, I don't wanna be a ninja no-more!

I want sushi!

Baio
11th August 2003, 20:57
It's a shame ninja didn't eat meat with all those cows wandering the mountains of iga and koka

kirigirisu
11th August 2003, 21:20
Er, but how can you not eat meat-type things when the purpose of the ninja is to FLIP OUT and kill things? It says so right here (http://www.realultimatepower.net).

And since most diners serve meat, how could a ninja FLIP OUT and kill the whole town if someone dropped a spoon? The ninja wouldn't be able to see the spoon drop so he couldn't kill the whole town or flip out because he wouldn't be in the diner to begin with.

Unless, of course, it was a vegetarian diner.

Tsujimoto
11th August 2003, 21:46
http://iganinja.jp/english/life/soutyou/kenkou.html

As I quote from this website representing the Ninja museums in Japan,

"The Ninja ate "Ninja food" which were basically composed of unpolished rice, tofu,vegetable, small fish, sesame, pickled plum and bean paste. As the Ninja did not eat meat, they ate tofu almost everyday for gaining the energy for their heavy activities and endurance. They also ate tofu in order to prevent gaining too much weight that would be hindrance to spy activities. Tofu is now gathering the attention from the world as an ideal diet food with low calories and rich nourishment."

Some vegetarians still eat fish but not regular meat. Maybe the philosophy is that all fish usually eat other fish, or maybe fish feel less pain? Lol, I don't know, but I thought this would be something to consider rather than just throwing insults around without doing the proper homework before hand.

Mr.Franco
11th August 2003, 21:54
So, I can eat my wifes sushi and still be a ninja!

Cool; I guess I'm a ninja again!:nin:

It's good to be back! I missed you guys.

kirigirisu
12th August 2003, 03:21
Er, I've always had the impression that learning about ninjas from mainstream ninja museums is kind of like learning about Native Americans by watching John Wayne movies.

In any case, it's an interesting diet. Have my doubts about tofu, though, since it's relatively much more labor-intensive to make compared to everything else on the menu. 'twas probably natto or some other soy product.

All conjecture as far as I know.

Don't think it had so much to do with vegetarianism as eating whatever was readily available. Side effect being relatively better health and whot not than the fat, lazy, cow-eating Daimyo.

Rokushakubo
18th August 2003, 07:41
ROFL! :D

That's one of the funniest things I've read all year!

Fact: The British Army of the 1800s wore red.

Fact: The modern day British Army wear camouflage uniforms. HOW DISRESPECTFUL OF HISTORY ARE THEY???

Whoever wrote this article is a complete muppet who has twisted every little thing and exaggerated it out of proportion, or has simply made stuff up. Funny how he doesn't actually print his name, innit? Probably scared that a bunch of people with "ineffective fancy techniques" will come and kick his ass!

william northcote
18th August 2003, 23:10
Originally posted by kirigirisu
Er, I've always had the impression that learning about ninjas from mainstream ninja museums is kind of like learning about Native Americans by watching John Wayne movies.

In any case, it's an interesting diet. Have my doubts about tofu, though, since it's relatively much more labor-intensive to make compared to everything else on the menu. 'twas probably natto or some other soy product.

All conjecture as far as I know.

Don't think it had so much to do with vegetarianism as eating whatever was readily available. Side effect being relatively better health and whot not than the fat, lazy, cow-eating Daimyo.

Trust me on this,
FACT
McDonnie the evil looking clown figure was in Japan funding the rise of the ninja through a chain of so fast ninja type restaraunts, the local population never saw them until after WWII, when valium came into being.

FACT
Ninjas were so secretive, they were considered to be the best mime artists in Japan.

FACT
Ninjas invented REALULTIMATEPOWER.net to throw off the general population as to the real way of the ninja.

FACT
The creator is about as accurate as a scud missle in a fog bank. When his love spuds drop and becomes a man, he will be spotty, wearing a bow tie to work at the bank every day looking like pee wee herman.

Ignore the pages and carry on with life. There are more things to look at on the net than supposition and angst.