PDA

View Full Version : Brain fog in class, or "what are we doing?"

bruceb
10th August 2003, 14:22
What a day I was having last Saturday .... I couldn't seem to stay on track with the class.

One technique started Ai Hamni, and I was yakku hamni, then another was omote and I was doing ura. Then another was tenkan to the right and I was going to the left .... you ever have one of those days?

It isn't so bad if you realize you are doing it different from that the instructor is teaching, but when you do it different, and make it work, that is, do a minor variation that allows you to come to the same ending ... without realizing you have changed the practice technique ... that is getting pretty bad.

I am gonna assume that being out in the sun for two days rerigging a boat for my buddie neutralized the medications I take that say to avoid extended exposure to sunlight ... bringing on ... brain fog.

Hey ... what was this post about?

Let me look at the title again ......

bruceb
11th August 2003, 17:11
Sometimes .... even automatic pilot is not enough.

So long as no one is dumped on their head, or hurt from inattention ..... at what point is it the better part of common sense to sit out the class when one gets "Brain fog?"

Come on .... I know a whole bunch of you have gone class hung over from the night before, or gone to class when you were almost too sick to participate, and your mind was pretty fuzzy.

Where is the line drawn for you to participate, or sit out the class?

P Goldsbury
12th August 2003, 00:09
I am moving this thread to the Members Lounge because it is not immediately relevant to aikido.

How to train when nursing a hangover, illness etc etc, is probably common to all the arts discussed in this forum.

Best regards,

TenguAteMyPuppy
12th August 2003, 01:26
What a day I was having last Saturday .... I couldn't seem to stay on track with the class.

WELCOME TO MY WORLD.

As soon as I get even slightly exhausted, my whole thought process goes straight to hell. It's gotten better with practice and such, but still poses a problem.

Heli
12th August 2003, 19:02
And then the reality strikes back in the painful form of an attacking uke... Ah, the colours, the stars.

bruceb
12th August 2003, 21:27
Everyone should impressed!!

Really ....

Very good, Mr. Elmore. Good restraint.