PDA

View Full Version : Matol Omega 3-6-9 ???

A. M. Jauregui
13th August 2003, 07:28
http://www.matol.com/products/omega/main.htm

Does anyone have anything to say about Matol Omega 3-6-9 ???

dakotajudo
21st August 2003, 14:43
I think the important point comes the the web site itself:

A special blend of Rosemary and Ascorbic Acid has been included to protect the delicate omegas from potential negative exposure of heat, light and oxygen.

Chemically, as I understand, omega fatty acids are relatively unstable, so you may be better served by fresh plant or fish sources than processed supplements.

My dad just had bypass surgery, and I was with him when he first met with a dietician, the evening prior to surgery. This is one of the topics addressed.

They bought a small coffee grinder and have been grinding flax seed, for a fresh supply of omega F.A. The dietician also recommended fish like salmon and tuna, and almonds as sources for omegas.

I suppose if you don't have ready access to fresh sources of omega F.A.s, or don't have time for proper preparation this product is suitable.

Me - I stopped by the sushi bar (raw salmon maki). I wonder how that compares?

(On a side note - ascorbic acid is vitamin C. If you want to prevent your fresh cut fruit from turning brown, add a little lemon or lime juice - the vitamin C acts as an antioxidant, preventing the oxidation of phenolic compounds in plant tissue that causes the brown discoloration.)