PDA

View Full Version : [Email notification options]

JamesF
23rd September 2000, 17:25
Would it be possible to have weekly email updates of all new threads?

I try to keep up but some weeks my company actually expect me to do some work rather than look at EBudo (I just don't understand why :cry: )

Perhaps if you could set it as a Yes/No thing in the profile?

Just thought i'd ask.

Cheers,

MarkF
24th September 2000, 08:39
Hi, James,
Actually, you can do that now, to a degree, anyway.

On the "post reply" page, at the bottom of the window, there are several default settings which you can use, such as your signature. Check the box which says "Email notification" when you start a topic, or, as you say, to keep up. You may also check that box with a reply post, and you will be notified, when there is a response, and the exact thread in which to go

If you travel, and carry a laptop, or have use of another's computer, you can get your email, and there will be a message when someone replies. You can cut n paste the thread, and go directly to the thread of interest. In your profile, there are defaults you can set for yourself, such as that box always being checked, but if you don't want to know about certain replies, just uncheck it. I warn you, though, you will get a lot of email:)

You do have a good idea though, with the weekly update thing.

Mark

JamesF
24th September 2000, 12:59
Thanks Mark, I've set up my profile so I received emails when my posts are replied to (both ones I originate and add to).

The reason I posted this was because I found an interesting thread on the Ninpo list (I never go there as it's never really interested me) on improvised weapons using the 'search' function. It was pretty old though.

Thanks again,

P.S. Love these smilies :toast:

Neil Hawkins
24th September 2000, 23:46
Another way of doing it is to use the "View ne threads" option at the top of the main page, this will list all threads that have been posted to since you last logged on.

Again, this is a long list if you've been away for a few weeks! :)

Neil