PDA

View Full Version : Mugendo Budogu Iaitos

Jason Lew
15th August 2003, 19:42
Hi,

I'm actively searching for a place to buy an Iaito from. I am looking for the highest quality Iaito I can find in a decent price range, but I have heard little about Budogu's iaitos from people who have used them first-hand. I have read the many posts on this topic related to other vendors however. Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

Jason Lew

DCPan
15th August 2003, 20:38
Hi Jason,

If memory serves, the iaitos from Mugendobudogu are either from Meirin Sangyo or Kanefusa.

If it is Meirin Sangyo, you can ask the folks who bought from Bugei because Bugei carries iaito from Meirin as well.

If it is Kanefusa, rumors has it that the iaitos are "similar" to that of Tozando's KA series, bogubag, e-bogu, and etc.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to "who" the vendor is in terms of iaito quality, I would pay attention to who the vendor is in terms of customer service.

As for iaito quality, there's really only a handful of upstream companies that "really" makes them. So, with a little leg work, you can figure out who is really carrying the "same" stuff and pay for something you are willing to pay for. Although, some companies carry iaito from multiple makers too, so, comparison are not always easy.

Good luck!

David

Gene Gabel
16th August 2003, 09:12
Originally posted by Jason Lew
Hi,

I'm actively searching for a place to buy an Iaito from. I am looking for the highest quality Iaito I can find in a decent price range, but I have heard little about Budogu's iaitos from people who have used them first-hand. I have read the many posts on this topic related to other vendors however. Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

Jason Lew
Nos has my vote and I researched quite a while.. I think they have the best(consistent) quality,most options and best bang for the buck.
Their $499 Iaito is great. They have US reps that are very knowlegeable and very good (accessable) customer service. Give them a try at www.swordstore.com ..

Gene Gabel

Jason Lew
16th August 2003, 18:59
Unfortunately, my dojo does not purchase from swordstore due to several problems with our last order.

However, I am now also looking into SDK's iaitos which appear to be high quality as well. Does anyone have personal expereience with any of these iaitos, and if is so how was the quality (esp tsuka and saya).

Thanks for all your help.

- Jason

dsomers
16th August 2003, 21:05
http://www.e-bogu.com/nyumjidkos.html Does anyone know about them ?

David Somers

A. Bakken
16th August 2003, 23:09
Originally posted by dsomers
http://www.e-bogu.com/nyumjidkos.html Does anyone know about them ?

David Somers

Yup, bought an iaito from them one year ago. I'm quite satisfied with it, and the service was excellent.