PDA

View Full Version : Guiltless grill possible for Veggie?

John Lindsey
19th August 2003, 05:15
Read the whole article here:

http://maddox.xmission.com/grill.html

I was looking over a menu in a restaurant the other day when I saw a section for vegetarians; I thought to myself "boy, I sure am glad that I'm not a meat-hating fascist" and I skipped on to the steak section (because I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $15 for an alfalfa sandwich, slice of cucumber and a scoop of cold cottage cheese), but before I turned the page something caught my eye. The heading of the vegetarian section was titled "Guiltless Grill," not because there were menu items with fewer calories and cholesterol (since there were "healthy" chicken dishes discriminated against in this section), but because none of the items used animal products. Think about that phrase for a second. What exactly does "guiltless grill" imply? So I'm supposed to feel guilty now if I eat meat? Screw you.

What pisses me off so much about this phrase is the sheer narrow-mindedness of these stuck up vegetarian assholes. You think you're saving the world by eating a tofu-burger and sticking to a diet of grains and berries? Well here's something that not many vegetarians know (or care to acknowledge): every year millions of animals are killed by wheat and soy bean combines during harvesting season (source). Oh yeah, go on and on for hours about how all of us meat eaters are going to hell for having a steak, but conveniently ignore the fact that each year millions of mice, rabbits, snakes, skunks, possums, squirrels, gophers and rats are ruthlessly murdered as a direct result of YOUR dieting habits. What's that? I'm sorry, I don't hear any more elitist banter from you pompous cocks. Could it be because your ¤¤¤¤ has been RUINED?

Food for thought? (pun intended)

txhapkido
20th August 2003, 06:55
What these veggie lovers forget is that plants were alive before they killed the damn things just to stuff their guts! Murdering bastards!

Kimpatsu
20th August 2003, 07:33
Originally posted by txhapkido
What these veggie lovers forget is that plants were alive before they killed the damn things just to stuff their guts! Murdering bastards!
Yeah, Randall, it's not right to eat Bruce B... :D

Jay Bell
21st August 2003, 01:00
My all time favorite from this guy --

I am better than your kids (http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=irule)

txhapkido
21st August 2003, 01:28
I made a bumper sticker one time that said: "Your kid will work for my kid" My wife, a school teacher just didn't get it! I liked it though.

mach5_kel
21st August 2003, 23:10
"What pisses me off so much about this phrase is the sheer narrow-mindedness of these stuck up vegetarian assholes."

Who is narrow minded? This comment alone, makes me not want to even read on, but I did..... Its intresting that they group "vegetarians" into one group of people. Like all "meat eatters" are shotgun weilding, deer hunting, destroying the world, beer guzzling red necks.

" You think you're saving the world by eating a tofu-burger and sticking to a diet of grains and berries? Well here's something that not many vegetarians know (or care to acknowledge): every year millions of animals are killed by wheat and soy bean combines during harvesting season (source)."

And yet, I admire people who try instead of people who bitch and cry about it. Plus, how much grain do we need to feed cows? And dont they think this comes from the exact same process as tofu or wheat??

No doubt soy has become a fad, but so has the atkins diet (meat anyone?) Ignorant people are ignorant, veggitarian or meat eatters.

"Oh yeah, go on and on for hours about how all of us meat eaters are going to hell for having a steak, but conveniently ignore the fact that each year millions of mice, rabbits, snakes, skunks, possums, squirrels, gophers and rats are ruthlessly murdered as a direct result of YOUR dieting habits."

Sounds like they have a little bit of a complex here. Not all veggitarians are so because they think they have NEVER killed or will ever kill anything. But we can try to reduce the damage. Some are veggitarians because they dont like meat, or for health benifits, etc. etc. Obsiously this person has a pretty narrow view.

Just another person with low self belief that needs to shoot off at the mouth to self validate.

Eric Vander Wal

Jim_Jude
23rd August 2003, 22:51
I was a vegetarian for years, apart from the occasional sushi stint. Nobody's perfect...:rolleyes: even now, I eat so little meat that most people I know still think I'm a vegetarian, so it doesn't matter socially.
The point's been made, & I agree, that it's important to look at the impact that we're having on our bodies, & the planet's ecology. The primarily meat-based diet & the meat industry has much more of a negative impact on the ecology of the planet than a vegetarian diet. & just to throw this out... "mice, rabbits, snakes, skunks, possums, squirrels, gophers and rats" are mostly rodents that are overbreeding anyway & could stand the little bit of thinning out that a combine can provide during harvest season. At least hunting deer with farming equipment isn't in vogue or we'd being sueing Husqvarna or Kubota for the accidental decimation of boy scout troops all over the country:D
& as for wild game & deer hunting, I have much more respect for people that hunt for their meat than those that frown on hunting & then go down to Outback for some ribs. I think this is a severely detatched mindset, & any meat eater that frowns on hunting as "barbaric" should take a tour of a slaughterhouse some time, or maybe participate. I say, give the damn thing a running chance before you eat it...
People that try to pick up the whole moral issue of the veal calves & all that, like it's bad karma for you to eat meat, well, who's to say that veal calf you just ate wasn't a huge meat eater in his past life, & for his next life he lived in a 6'x6' cage until slaughtered for someone elses' meal? Besides the fact that classical buddhism doesn't say that you have to be vegetarian or die of starvation. It states that when begging for food you can consume meat as long as you had nothing to do with the raising, killing, or preparation of said animal for human consumption.
I've had many arguments with people over their choice to eat meat, and honestly, the choice to eat vegetarian or even vegan is the intelligent choice & healthiest for you & your environment. But, as stated, we have free will, & many people simply love the taste of meat & blood, so they can have it. They eat meat because they like it. I say let them have it. It's not my problem or anyone elses what people eat. But I rue the day when it does, 'cause then the veggie people are gonna rise up & take over the world!!!!
Boo-hahahahahah:laugh