PDA

View Full Version : Where do you believe the best Aikido is taught?

blade5475
24th September 2000, 02:21
I would like to know everyones opinion as to were you think the best Aikido ( or any from of or related to ) os taught...
(in regards to countries, states...etc.)
....Or who you think is the best living Aikido instructor today.

Yamantaka
24th September 2000, 04:15
Originally posted by blade5475
I would like to know everyones opinion as to were you think the best Aikido ( or any from of or related to ) os taught...
(in regards to countries, states...etc.)
....Or who you think is the best living Aikido instructor today.

YAMANTAKA : Difficult question...Instead of "best aikido", I would say "best teachers".
In Japan : Koichi Tohei Shihan, Shoji Nishio, Yoshio Kuroiwa, M.Suganuma, Terada Shihan, and quite a few others;
In France : Christian Tissier, Nobuyoshi Tamura, Hiroo Mochizuki and quite a few others;
In the United States : Mitsugi Saotome and quite a few others.
Of course, the list is quite biased and everyone has its list. But I'd say those three countries have some of the best aikido in the world.

BC
25th September 2000, 20:18
Why, in Chicago, IL of course!!! :idea:

Actually, I don't have the slightest idea. Right now, for ME the best place to practice aikido is in the dojo where I currently train. Nuff said. :look:

Joseph Svinth
26th September 2000, 14:26
I don't know where it is taught, but I do know where it is learned.

Inside.

astudent
27th September 2000, 04:15
i'd have to agree with BC except for me it's in N. california.
of course everyone will have a bias depending on their style and lineage. the best aikido is taught in the dojo where you will learn the most and feel confident in what you are learning is what you want to learn.

Mike Collins
28th September 2000, 00:48
Sheeeeesh, that's an easy question. The very best Aikido is taught at the dojo.

Neeeeeexxxxxxxtttttttt!??

Oh Yeah, and outside, late at night in the woods.