PDA

View Full Version : Japanese language learning materials for sale

Rennis
28th August 2003, 04:20
Hello,

I'm in the process of doing some proverbial house cleaning and have come across a few items that I suspect the Japanese learning crowd here might be interested it that I no longer need.

1 - I am clearing out my complete tape sets of the Pimsleur "Speak and Understand Essential Japanese" volumes 2 and 3 series. These are the complete sets, not the 5 tape introductory lessons you set at Barnes and Noble, set. Obviously people learn differently, but I found that of all the various books, tapes, etc I used to study before going to Japan, the Pimsleur stuff was by far the most useful and instantly usable for everyday life. These are all audio, so you can use them in the car on the way to work, etc. Volume Two contains 15 tapes (30 units) and Volume Three contains 16 taped (32). Both of these retailed at $345 each when I bought them back in 97/98 and Volume Three is actually brand new as it arrived right before I went to Japan and I never got to use it. I'm asking $175 for both sets including shipping in the US.

2 - I also have 28 issues of the unfortunately defunct magazine Mangajin. Probably anyone who was seriously learning Japanese in the 90's probably remembers this magazine. Its premise is the instruction of Japanese through the use of actual Japanese comics. Each issue contains different comics aimed at different skill levels, so you can go keep going back to these as you progress. They also contain various articles on Japanese pop culture, book reviews, movie reviews, and what not as well. The grammatical explanations for every comic are very in depth and also contain alot of useful nuggets on Japanese culture as well as they try to throughly explain the context of everything they cover. For more info on the magazine (went under in 1997) check the Mangajin wesite (http://www.mangajin.com/mangajin/index.htm). There are sample pages as well a listing of all available back issues you you can check the content of the issue numbers listed below. I'm asking $2 an issue or 6 issues for $10 (I can ship up to six issues at once with in the US for $3.85, priority mail). All the issues are in good shape and in no danger of falling apart what so ever.

The issues I have are 17, 24, 30, 39, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 56, 57, 58, 59. 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 67, and 70.

PM me with any questions. I do take paypal and also will consider any and all resonable offers.

Best regards,

Rennis Buchner