PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Episode 3 Spoilers?

PHILBERT
28th August 2003, 17:27
I was hanging around on a Star Wars website I visit and someone posted a summary of an online chat from Star Wars.com Hyperspace Subscribers for the new Star Wars movie.

• Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine) has a much larger and important role in Episode III (for obvious reasons).
• Rick has been trying to convince George to do a cameo in the prequels but George refuses.
• The emphasis of Ep3 is as much story as Visual FX.
• Ep3 will have the same emotional depth as ESB.
• Visually, Ep3 is the most ambitious film yet due to all the number of new planets.
• The film will end on a sad note, but there is hope for the future of the story (Classic Trilogy).
• Rick can neither confirm nor deny whether the character Tarkin will be in Ep3.
• Three major lightsaber duels have been shot so far.
• The underwater tank set will feature a scene where Obi-Wan fights with droids.
• Rick asks that the fans have faith in the decision to go with the CGI trooper suits as opposed to actual costumes.
• George is always making changes (likely to include the script to Ep3).
• Rick's favorite film of the saga is Episode V.
• Rick realizes the fan anticipation for this final film in the SW saga.
• When asked if he had a favorite character in Ep3, Rick stated that he thought Palpatine was fantastic.
• Three words that Darth Vader speaks in Ep3 are "I don't fear..." !!
• The movie will explain all of Anakin's injuries except for one (the facial scar as noted in the recent HS set diary).
• Currently, production is two days ahead of schedule, but the underwater scenes (with the water tank) are quite challenging.
• Ep3 will provide the answers the fans have been waiting for, but may also pose some new questions.
• The opening battle is entirely in space, but there will be land battles in the film.
• Only small segments of the duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan have been filmed. The main action is yet to come.
• September 19th will be Hayden's last day of filming.
• Rick and/or George have never changed a scene for musical scoring purposes.
• Kamino is not in Episode III.
• Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) will film his scenes in March of 2004.
• The underwater scenes are not a battle, but a fight.
• Count Dooku will only use one lightsaber in Ep3.
• One character in the film will use two lightsabers at once "and he's bad."
• A certain amount of Jedi will die in Ep3, but Rick would not specify how many.
• There will be a scene when Anakin is given the name of Darth Vader and an explanation as to why he was given the name and what it means.
• Rick refused to comment on the possibility of a volcanic environment or planet.
• We will see Mace in a certain form of "space action".
• Rick would not give any hints on the EU character that appears in the film.
• All the hairstyles are bad in Ep3, which will link the film to the Classic Trilogy.
• It won't be the special effects that make the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel so thrilling, it will be the betrayal.
• Joel Edgerton (Owen Lars) will shoot one day's work of shooting in 2004.
• We will definitely see Palpatine/Sidious use an "awesome display of the dark side of the force".
• Beru Whitesun (Bonnie Piesse) will appear in the film along with Owen.
• Rick felt saddened, shocked, angry and betrayed after reading the story of Anakin's downfall.
• Chewbacca will be easily identified during his scenes and character depth will be added to the classic trilogy Chewbacca.
• The originally planned six sets of alien armor have been reduced to one set.
• The one character that will make the best action figure is the one character Rick is not allowed to discuss.
• Dave Prowse will not be playing Darth Vader.
• Many people believe the reason Anakin turns to the dark side is a love triangle between Anakin, Padmι and Obi-Wan.
• John Williams will begin scoring the film in November of 2004.
• The last ten minutes of the film will be "a dream come true" for all fans. ...
• Until a final cut of the film is ready, it is too early to predict how the score may blend in with some of the Classic Trilogy musical themes.
• Rick didn't confirm or deny that a major character in the film, other than Boba Fett, is a clone.
• The story will move much quicker than the previous films.
• About 80 pages of script have been shot so far.
• "Birth of an Empire" is not even close to the real title of the film.
• Currently, the script is 129 pages long.
• Ewan McGregor may do a webchat in a few weeks.
• Rick's favorite set to shoot for this film was the Classic Trilogy set.
• Jar-Jar does not die in the film.
• The animatics that Rick has seen for the film are "brilliant".
• Ep3 will conclusively answer whether Palpatine is Sidious.
• Kit Fisto will not use a double-bladed lightsaber.
• The "rule of two" (Sith at once) remains true in Ep3.
• There is still one big role that has yet to be cast.
• Padmι is a Senator throughout Ep3.
• Dormι will not return for Ep3.
• Ep3 is a "2-hour turn to the dark side".
• Boss Nass will not appear in Ep3.
• At the end of the movie, the twins Luke and Leia are less than a month old.
• We will see Padmι pregnant in the film.
• Anakin will have scenes named "ceiling of a flooded room".
• We will see female Jedi fighting in Ep3.
• We will see who was born first, Luke or Leia.
• We will see Yoda fighting again.

Now, David Prowse isn't playing Darth Vader at the end is a let down for me. I was hoping he would return, even if it is just in a giant suit. Jar Jar deserves to die, which I regret, and I can't wait to see why they name Darth Vader that name.

As for the love triangle, I think that is a load of crap and there is no triangle (which it never confirms or denies). Here is why:

Padme doesn't come off as someone who would hurt Anakin, and neither does Obi-Wan. In the last 2 movies, Obi-Wan is never even alone with Padme, nor does he ever once flirt with her.

I think Obi-Wan finds out about Anakin and Padme being married, and Obi-Wan being dedicated to the Jedi Order, he goes and tells the Council and they kick Anakin out. Anakin then feels betrayed by Obi-Wan, after all, he said Obi-Wan is like a father to him, and his father just stabbed him in the back.

Thoughts? Comments? Am I a nerd? Post.

Mike Williams
28th August 2003, 17:33
Honestly I don't care. Episode 1 was bad but tolerable if you had nothing better to do, but Ep.2 "Attack of the Clones" sucked major a$s. I won't be bothering with Ep.3 at all.

Cheers,

Mike (an ex Star Wars fan.)

PHILBERT
28th August 2003, 17:34
I've met Prowse and he just came off as an average guy. He didn't seem upset, just capitalizing on the fact he was Darth Vader at the convention and getting payed to sign autographs.

Mike Williams
28th August 2003, 17:40
Originally posted by PHILBERT
• We will see Padmι pregnant in the film.

If we see Padmι get pregnant in the film, I might reconsider watching it. :cool:

Cheers,

Mike

Yama Kuma
28th August 2003, 18:06
As a huge fan of the original trilogy I was really excited when Episode 1 and 2 came out, only to be hugely disappointed. Episode 1 was watchable but AotC just seemed like an excuse for special effects. As for the Episode 3 being more story driven, I hope it is but I'm not going to count on it. Watching the special features on the DVD of AotC showed that the creative forces behind it thought that it was a deep, moving storyline with no problems.

As far as Episode 3 is concerned, I think I'll sit it out until it arrives at the bargain cinema.

The one thing I really wonder about is would anyone care about the newer movies if it hadn't been for the original trilogy?

PHILBERT
28th August 2003, 18:08
• The last ten minutes of the film will be "a dream come true" for all fans. ...

Padme naked?

TenguAteMyPuppy
28th August 2003, 18:09
http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=1600

(work safe if you don't get the wrong banners, and then still probably not enough to get you in trouble)

PHILBERT
28th August 2003, 18:19
Originally posted by TenguAteMyPuppy
http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=1600

(work safe if you don't get the wrong banners, and then still probably not enough to get you in trouble)

Completely fake, even a poorly written fake would be better. Han Solo being a clone? Unlikely, the lines being delievered are worst than lines in a poorly dubbed Kung Fu movie. Plus Chewbacca is an adult in the movie, it has even been confirmed he is an adult, not some "puppy".

Mike Williams
28th August 2003, 18:22
A frighteningly plausible spoof, but a spoof nonetheless.

Cheers,

Mike

PHILBERT
28th August 2003, 18:27
OBIE WAN
The baby was given to me, and I took it to a safe place
where Anakin will never think to go because he's been
there several times already.

ANAKIN
He even named my baby without asking me.

OBIE WAN
I could tell its name just by looking at it. This is the
way of the force.

YODA
Name it Luke, did he?

ANAKIN
That's right... how did you know?

YODA
He names everything Luke he does. Even his dog named Luke
it is.

OBIE WAN
Well it's a good name is all. Now let's get back to the
point. We're kicking Anakin out of the Jedi.

:laugh:

Vapour
28th August 2003, 18:33
Guess what, I know the title of Episode III.

Star Wars Episode III - Hand Over Your Money.

PHILBERT
28th August 2003, 18:38
I always liked the idea of Star Wars: Padme Does Republic more.

TenguAteMyPuppy
28th August 2003, 20:10
Completely fake, even a poorly written fake would be better. Han Solo being a clone? Unlikely, the lines being delievered are worst than lines in a poorly dubbed Kung Fu movie. Plus Chewbacca is an adult in the movie, it has even been confirmed he is an adult, not some "puppy".

Uh...

Shitoryu Dude
28th August 2003, 20:12
good fan site

TheForce.net (http://www.theforce.net)

PwarYuex
29th August 2003, 04:35
I thought you were going to post something new. I saw this ages ago, *terrible nerd*.

Just to tell ALL you people... I guess I'll pop in Fox Studios again this year to see a bit of the filming. I know a guy that works there and during AOTC we got to see the extras being dressed and a bit of the filming...

It's just after I finish school next year (extra filming), so I'll have heaps of time to go visit stuff. Unfortunatly, Fox lets one visiter at a time in, and they have limited going-places rights (understandably...).

The female Jedi who you see fighting will be Luminara Unduli.

Jack B
29th August 2003, 18:09
Unduli noted.

Cady Goldfield
29th August 2003, 18:26
Originally posted by Mike Williams
If we see Padmι get pregnant in the film, I might reconsider watching it. :cool:

Cheers,

Mike

I'm guessing that Padme dies in E3. After the twins get shipped to their respective foster homes.

Since E1 and E2 stank, in my opinion (no way did they match the acting, scripting, chemistry and wit of the classic trilogy), I'm not sure whether to get all excited about E3. Especially if Jar-Jar doesn't get offed.

PwarYuex
30th August 2003, 02:15
Originally posted by Cady Goldfield
I'm guessing that Padme dies in E3. After the twins get shipped to their respective foster homes.

As a big fan, I'm hoping that Jar Jar will be locked in a cage or something...

Who do you think will kill Padme? And it will be a main character...

(Directed at Philbert) Are you a Hyperspace subscriber? I think I'm going to have to subscribe, considering Hitler- I mean Lucas has now made all the good stuff for subscribers only...

Cady Goldfield
30th August 2003, 02:25
I get a funny inkling that Padme will be killed by Anakin. Maybe accidentally as he is dueling with Obi Wan over the betrayal. She'll come between them to stop them and end up getting it.

That will complete his transformation to the Dark Side... :p

PwarYuex
30th August 2003, 02:28
I get a funny inkling that Padme will be killed by Anakin. Maybe accidentally as he is dueling with Obi Wan over the betrayal. She'll come between them to stop them and end up getting it.

I think it's beggining to sound like Othello. Either Senator Pal. or one of the Sith will manipulate him into killing Padme while she's asleep :D...

PHILBERT
30th August 2003, 03:39
No, someone sent me the hyperspace stuff.

As for Padme, she can't die yet. In the original trilogy, Luke asked Leia just before he said "You are my sister" if she remembered her REAL mother. She said she did, glimpses, flashes, etc and that she was always sad, but beautiful. So Padme has to live long enough for Leia to retain some memory of her.

PwarYuex
30th August 2003, 04:07
Originally posted by PHILBERT
As for Padme, she can't die yet. In the original trilogy, Luke asked Leia just before he said "You are my sister" if she remembered her REAL mother. She said she did, glimpses, flashes, etc and that she was always sad, but beautiful. So Padme has to live long enough for Leia to retain some memory of her.

I was thinking about that, but I still think that you will have to see her die, or know that she will soon die. I don't think something as important as her dying will be left out of the movie...

yamatodamashii
31st August 2003, 16:00

"'Stormbringer.' And the sword moaned sweetly and settled even more smoothly into his grasp."

— Elric of Melnibonι

Heli
31st August 2003, 16:40
There are only two reasons why I might go to see Episode 3:

Ewan McGregor and Christopher Lee.

The first one because he saved Episode 2 with a somewhat solid performance, the second because, well, it's Christopher Lee. You can't miss seeing Christopher Lee, even if it is something as crappy as the new Star Wars trilogy.

By the way, am I seeing a similar trend of nicknaming the Star Wars trilogies as with the Terminator movies? (E3 = T3...)

PwarYuex
1st September 2003, 01:19
Originally posted by Heli
By the way, am I seeing a similar trend of nicknaming the Star Wars trilogies as with the Terminator movies? (E3 = T3...)

Episode 3 and Terminator three. Go figure?

J.T. Hurley
1st September 2003, 06:37
Cady: If it's any consolation, I got the reference.

Heli
1st September 2003, 12:59
Episode 3 and Terminator three. Go figure?

Both overhyped and probably full of it? I don't know, that was just a thought... :D

PwarYuex
2nd September 2003, 04:54
T3 wasn't over-hyped here at all... Just a few of the expected ads.