PDA

View Full Version : Fructidor's Fermented Fun-Filled Frolics

Kimpatsu
2nd September 2003, 23:47
Continuing in a great e-budo tradition, the title of this thread, which is a drinkup proposal, is alliterative. Walter de la Mere must be turning in his grave. :D
Well, Jeff Hamacher, our convivial Canadian, may be gone (has anyone heard from him?), but Saitama Steve Delaney has returned from the land of Guinness, soada bread, whiskey and leprechauns, and Robert Babe-Magnet Rousselot tells me he has a terrible thirst, so I would like to propose another drinkup in the heart of Tokyo. I'm away the weekend of the 15th, so how about Sunday September 21, or 28? Tell me which is better for you, gentlemen.
Let the revelries commence!:toast: :beer: :toast: :beer:

Steve Delaney
3rd September 2003, 02:24
I'm up for it mate. Just tell me when.

I haven't heard from Jeffy in a long time, I think the beasties got him.

I don't know about the 28th, but I think I can swing the 21st.

Troll Basher
3rd September 2003, 02:27
Any weekend is good for me.......after 7PM........where?

(I tried to reply to this before but it never came out)

Steve Delaney
3rd September 2003, 02:32
I have replied to that question in the News From Japan section mate. :)

Kimpatsu
3rd September 2003, 02:40
Yes, I had the same posting problem, Robert. I think the gremlins got into the server.
Steve: Jeff left for Canada sometime in July, and hasn't been heard from since. We arranged an e-budo event in his honour about a week before he was scheduled to depart, and he never showed up! Then I tried calling his mobile, but it had already been disconnected. He hasn't posted to e-budo since, so no one knows where he is or what he's doing.
21 is fine (Steve: you're welcome to crash at my place), as I have the 22nd off work.
Shall we go with the Hobgoblin in Roppongi? They serve Wytchwood ales, and have better food than the Dubliners.
All in favour?

Troll Basher
3rd September 2003, 02:43
I vote snobgobblin in Roppongi.......better parking and more skirts

Steve Delaney
3rd September 2003, 02:46
I won't be able to crash mate, I'm not free on the 22nd. I have classes to teach. Thanks for the invite though.

However, if the worst comes to the worst and I find that I don't have the ability to walk, I will take up your most generous offer. ;)

Mekugi
3rd September 2003, 02:47
Hmm....partay.....

I wanna come. I have some unfinished business with a dojo up there so lets work on the schedule. Sundays are a lovely bit of business.

-R

Steve Delaney
3rd September 2003, 02:48
Originally posted by Troll Basher
I vote snobgobblin in Roppongi.......better parking and more skirts

OK I'm sold :D

Kimpatsu
3rd September 2003, 02:49
You will be most welcome, Russ. Again, the crash offer stands.
Bonus points to anyone who spots the point of this thread's title.
:toast:

Steve Delaney
3rd September 2003, 02:50
Russ,

When are you coming down to Kanto mate? 27th isn' t it?

Kimpatsu
3rd September 2003, 08:06
Any weekend is good for me.......after 7PM........where?
Can you not make afternoons, Robert, as some people have to head back early for their beauty sleep...?

Ade
3rd September 2003, 08:11
Skirt? when's the next bus to Roppongi from Southampton?
:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

Troll Basher
3rd September 2003, 08:15
Originally posted by Kimpatsu
Can you not make afternoons, Robert, as some people have to head back early for their beauty sleep...?

Some of us are slaves and we don't get weekends off that often.

Troll Basher
3rd September 2003, 08:18
Originally posted by Ade
Skirt? when's the next bus to Roppongi from Southampton?

Southampton??

Not sure if they serve "Shandy" or not....:D :D :D :D

Don Roley
3rd September 2003, 08:24

And some of us live quite a bit out from Tokyo and have families as well.

But hell, if past experiences are any guide, the party can start early and just as people like me get ready to leave Robert can show up and take our places. Tony of course will amaze everyone by continuing to pace everyone for the entire time we are at the Hobgoblins.

Ade
3rd September 2003, 08:29
Dear Rob

'S'a good job I'm not from round here then isn't it?
God's own country, centre of the known universe, only here to brew decent beer and sleep with their women, YORKSHIREMAN!
I take it from your tone that you're a Taff?:moon:

Troll Basher
3rd September 2003, 08:31
Originally posted by Ade
Dear Rob

'S'a good job I'm not from round here then isn't it?
God's own country, centre of the known universe, only here to brew decent beer and sleep with their women, YORKSHIREMAN!
I take it from your tone that you're a Taff?:moon:

Naaaaah........just pokin' a bit of fun

Kimpatsu
3rd September 2003, 08:34
Naaaaah........just pokin' a bit of fun
Mind where you poke it, Robert; accidents can happen... :D

Troll Basher
3rd September 2003, 09:10
Mind where you poke it, Robert; accidents can happen... :D

Yeah but it's not funny until someone loses an eye.

Kimpatsu
3rd September 2003, 09:26
Yeah but it's not funny until someone loses an eye.
If sex is a pain in the ass, then you're doing it wrong... :D

Troll Basher
3rd September 2003, 10:57

:D YOu got that right!

Don Roley
3rd September 2003, 11:18

And you wonder about the real reason Steve won't stay over at your place...... :rolleyes:

Troll Basher
3rd September 2003, 11:22
Originally posted by Don Roley
And you wonder about the real reason Steve won't stay over at your place...... :rolleyes:

Got one phrase for you Steve........"keep your soap on a rope"

Adam Young
3rd September 2003, 11:46
Bonus points to anyone who spots the point of this thread's title. Well, if y'all meet on the 21st, isn't Fructidor over? I though that we'd be into Complem (or is it Vendemaire?) Ah, I forget - one of the two.

Are drop-ins allowed or does one need to be vetted?

Kimpatsu
3rd September 2003, 12:35
Originally posted by Adam Young
Well, if y'all meet on the 21st, isn't Fructidor over? I though that we'd be into Complem (or is it Vendemaire?) Ah, I forget - one of the two.
Not quite. although Vendémiaire comes next, and the "months" aren't actually calneder months, if anything, we're still in Thermidor. But as the pissup will take place later into September...
Have you never read Germinal? (I love Zola!)

Originally posted by Adam Young
Are drop-ins allowed or does one need to be vetted?
No, normally, anyone can slum it with us, but in your case, we might make an exception... :D
Anyway, you guys needn't worry about staying at my place. None of you are man enough for me... :D

Troll Basher
3rd September 2003, 12:37

Anyway, you guys needn't worry about staying at my place. None of you are man enough for me... :D

Sour grapes;)

Kimpatsu
3rd September 2003, 12:53
Sour grapes;)
Better thanb sour pussy.
What to see me in a dress?

Steve Delaney
4th September 2003, 00:52
That is a mental image that is going to haunt me for the rest of my days.

Kimpatsu
4th September 2003, 01:59
Originally posted by Saitama Steve
That is a mental image that is going to haunt me for the rest of my days.
Ha ha! My fiendish plan has worked! :D

Jock Armstrong
4th September 2003, 02:16
Drinking, wimmin.....duh........keep me posted on dates. Mebbe I can drag my foul body up to Tokyo if I'm not working. The oppurtunity to meet the chaps from E-budo- who could pass that up.

I noticed most of ye are poms but I forgive you...........:beer: :nw:

I am but a worm........

Kimpatsu
4th September 2003, 02:24
Where do you live and work (and drink), Jock?

Steve Delaney
4th September 2003, 03:45
I'm free on the 28th and 29th and I think Russ (Mekugi) will be in town from Mie so I think that'll be the most convenient. I'll be attending my school's undokai on Saturday, so I'm going to have Monday off. A good chance to recover from a hard night's drinking.

Kimpatsu
4th September 2003, 04:03
Fine, then Sunday 28 September it is.
All in favour, say, "What's yours?"
:D :toast:

Jock Armstrong
4th September 2003, 04:41
I lurk just outside Nagoya but some fool gave me a vehicle. I usually train it into "shooters" in Sakae when the urge takes me.

Kimpatsu
4th September 2003, 05:03
Originally posted by Jock Armstrong
I lurk just outside Nagoya but some fool gave me a vehicle. I usually train it into "shooters" in Sakae when the urge takes me. Well by all means, come up to Tokyo. You're welcome to crash at my place.

Kimpatsu
4th September 2003, 07:47
Just to bump the thread:
So, who's coming on 28 September?

Mekugi
4th September 2003, 08:21
Jock, who you be (yer name) and what U do (yer MA)? I have a feeling I have seen that name before.....
I live right outside Nagoya myself dontcha know.

28th is good for me. Big S and big T lets make a date of it....

Chubliners good for me- albeit a sausage party 80% of the time.

Mekugi
4th September 2003, 08:24
Hey where was that place you could watch a movie 'n stuff, it had a food package in the mix as well...is that still around?

Lemmee Call up Japanzine and see what they have going on...

(Pelican Pete's is a blast down here...real friendly and fun...)

-R

Kimpatsu
4th September 2003, 08:29
They show movies (mostly British comedies like Only Fools and Horses, Blackadder, and Father Ted) at the Hobgoblin in Roppongi.
Could we meet there?

Mekugi
4th September 2003, 09:03
I can, but I have to have my lady in waiting Steven with me. He gets jealous when I am alone up there.

Kimpatsu
4th September 2003, 09:11
Originally posted by Mekugi
I can, but I have to have my lady in waiting Steven with me. He gets jealous when I am alone up there.
I don't mind.

Jock Armstrong
5th September 2003, 00:04
28th sounds good Tony. Thanks for the crash offer- I think I'll need it. BTW Last time I collapsed after 25 guinness pints- please forgive my weakness........

Russ, we are not far apart at all! I live on the Chita hanto. We have to get together and do the usual training/ drinking. I train in goshinjutsu. My original karate training was Okinawa Goju and Kyokushinkai. I've done a fair bit of jujutsu but never graded. I crosstrained in shukokai [Tani ha Shito Ryu] as a young fella under Alan Murdoch in Melbourne [ my instructor knew him well and recommended I train there- Alan let me train for free for about six months]. Occasionally I go mad and swing a sword around. No grades but I love it!!

PS My keitai is 09018220890 feel free to call.

Kimpatsu
5th September 2003, 00:16
Then the 28th it is. Roppongi Hobgoblin, everyone?

Mekugi
5th September 2003, 00:33
Knobgoblin.....

Aye!

-R

Kimpatsu
5th September 2003, 00:35
Knobgoblin.....
As it seems topical given some of the other threads, Hobgoblin also plays classic British humour on DVD (Father Ted, Only Fools and Horses, Blackadder, etc.)
I could brink along Have I Got News For You and Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased), if anyone's interested...?

Mekugi
5th September 2003, 00:38
Hey !

I am probably going to stop into the Elephants Nest after training...
wanna come along?
090-8323-9270

-R

28th sounds good Tony. Thanks for the crash offer- I think I'll need it. BTW Last time I collapsed after 25 guinness pints- please forgive my weakness........

Russ, we are not far apart at all! I live on the Chita hanto. We have to get together and do the usual training/ drinking. I train in goshinjutsu. My original karate training was Okinawa Goju and Kyokushinkai. I've done a fair bit of jujutsu but never graded. I crosstrained in shukokai [Tani ha Shito Ryu] as a young fella under Alan Murdoch in Melbourne [ my instructor knew him well and recommended I train there- Alan let me train for free for about six months]. Occasionally I go mad and swing a sword around. No grades but I love it!!

PS My keitai is 09018220890 feel free to call.

Mekugi
5th September 2003, 00:47
BRING IT!! I am dying for some real humor over here.....myself not having BBC on cable...

-R

As it seems topical given some of the other threads, Hobgoblin also plays classic British humour on DVD (Father Ted, Only Fools and Horses, Blackadder, etc.)
I could brink along Have I Got News For You and Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased), if anyone's interested...?

Kimpatsu
5th September 2003, 00:51
All those crashing at my place are also welcome to view videos...

Kimpatsu
5th September 2003, 08:26
Just bumping the thread again, to keep it topical and the dates and location fresh in everyone's mind...
:toast: :beer: :toast:

Mekugi
6th September 2003, 01:15
You have beer on the brain !! Good for you!!

I am looking forward to this. It should be a rather whimsical time, at a new bar even. Let's put this on Japanzine and get some chicks to show up for you guys, too.

-R

Kimpatsu
8th September 2003, 01:43
Just bumping this thread again, so everyone knows where we are, and when the fermented feast will be held...

Striking Hand
8th September 2003, 02:00
Guys.

Can't make it this time. :(

Got quiet a few demoes coming up, as well as lots of packing to do(maybe, depends on bank).

Cheers.

Kimpatsu
8th September 2003, 02:02
Originally posted by Striking Hand
Guys.
Can't make it this time. :(
Got quiet a few demoes coming up, as well as lots of packing to do(maybe, depends on bank).
Cheers.
Pity. Hope all goes well with the move, and we'll catch you next time.

Steve Delaney
8th September 2003, 03:09
To The Top :D

Kimpatsu
8th September 2003, 03:16
To The Top :D
This cryptic remark has been brought to you by Steve Delaney, the Gomez Addams of Budo...:D
BTW, thanks for the pissup yesterday. It was a good dress rehearsal for the end of the month... :toast:

Mekugi
8th September 2003, 05:01
I talked to him while he was on the train going home. He was right pissed and giggly. Man that must have been fun. I can't wait.

This cryptic remark has been brought to you by Steve Delaney, the Gomez Addams of Budo...:D
BTW, thanks for the pissup yesterday. It was a good dress rehearsal for the end of the month... :toast:

Kimpatsu
8th September 2003, 07:57
*Bump*
Anybody know any good drinking songs?

Mekugi
8th September 2003, 08:42
Oscar Brand has some dandies

Oscar Brand Dawt com (http://www.oscarbrand.com/) ...

His Bawdy Sea Chanties are the filthiest I have ever heard....truly inspiring.

-R

Don Roley
8th September 2003, 09:12

Oh please don't tell me that you guys met at the Dubliners. I walked right by it on Sunday and even pointed it out to my visiting friend. If I had known you guys were in there, I would have stopped by and introduced you.

Kimpatsu
8th September 2003, 09:20
Oh please don't tell me that you guys met at the Dubliners. I walked right by it on Sunday and even pointed it out to my visiting friend. If I had known you guys were in there, I would have stopped by and introduced you.
That's why we have mobile phones, Don...

Don Roley
8th September 2003, 10:28
Damn, damn, damn!!!!

I ate lunch at the Wendy's around the corner on the way from one martial arts store to another. You guys weren't there from about 1 were you? I could have introduced you to the cutest girl in the world (my daughter-hands off you perverts!) as well as a guy who has had to use his martial arts for self defense several times. He was in the mood for a Guiness too, but we wanted to find some stuff you can only get in Japan....:(

Kimpatsu
8th September 2003, 12:09
Damn, damn, damn!!!!
I ate lunch at the Wendy's around the corner on the way from one martial arts store to another. You guys weren't there from about 1 were you? I could have introduced you to the cutest girl in the world (my daughter-hands off you perverts!) as well as a guy who has had to use his martial arts for self defense several times. He was in the mood for a Guiness too, but we wanted to find some stuff you can only get in Japan....:(
No, we were there late, Don; from about 4:30 onwards.

Steve Delaney
8th September 2003, 23:34
Nah it was more like 5:00 p.m.

Kimpatsu
9th September 2003, 00:14
Nah it was more like 5:00 p.m.
I was there before you were, remember, Steve.

Steve Delaney
9th September 2003, 00:18
Yeah you're right. I had just finished keiko in Bunkyo-ku.

Kimpatsu
9th September 2003, 00:49
Looking forward to Roppongi Hobgoblin on the 28th, now...

Mekugi
9th September 2003, 01:29
Possible Jock Armstrong appearance....I am currently in negotiations to bring him up there. I talked with him for about 45 minutes on the phone last night before my battery died. He's totally one of the boys...and wonders if the Hobgoblin has the mighty G on tap? (You thick necked B'Stards you).

Kimpatsu
9th September 2003, 01:32
Yes, Guinness, and Hobgoblin bitter (Wychwood Breweries ale), which is very fruity. And Sundays, they do a traditional English roast for 999 yen! Can't be bad!

Steve Delaney
9th September 2003, 01:37
Seeing as how Tokyo prices can be so bloody expensive that sounds like a snip. Roll on the 28th!

Russ, who are you calling a thicknecked B'stard? You drink G&Ts you bid girl's blouse! ;)

Kimpatsu
9th September 2003, 02:35
Possible Jock Armstrong appearance....I am currently in negotiations to bring him up there.
Strongarm Armstrong? :p

Jock Armstrong
9th September 2003, 03:03
IS the 28th on a long weekend? I just noticed its a Sunday- If its not a longie I'm screwed.

:beer:

Kimpatsu
9th September 2003, 03:08
IS the 28th on a long weekend? I just noticed its a Sunday- If its not a longie I'm screwed.
No, sorry, it's a normal weekend. Monday the 29th is business as usual.

Mekugi
9th September 2003, 03:29
HOLY!

Roasted Englishmen?

Wait, nevermind....

Yes, Guinness, and Hobgoblin bitter (Wychwood Breweries ale), which is very fruity. And Sundays, they do a traditional English roast for 999 yen! Can't be bad!

Mekugi
9th September 2003, 03:32
Cheap tickets on the kinki, I think you can make a late train back home and make it ok on Sunday.
I usually go up on Sat. afternoon and come back Sun. evening.

However, I have that monday off, because I am special. (actually not, I get every other Monday off).

-R

Steve Delaney
9th September 2003, 03:34
That means more drinking time for you, doesn't it twinkle toes?

Are you up for a few Havanas too? Remember the Quiet Woman in Koto-Ku?

Mekugi
9th September 2003, 05:53
I sure do....she wasn't so quiet when we were there though!

Ohh good times.

-R

That means more drinking time for you, doesn't it twinkle toes?

Are you up for a few Havanas too? Remember the Quiet Woman in Koto-Ku?

Jock Armstrong
10th September 2003, 00:53
Bugger. Next time then. At least I7ll be able to get in touch with The Russmeister in Nagoya. Elephant's nest sometime old bean? Guines and ceegars. I'll shoow you that ceegar shop.

Steve Delaney
10th September 2003, 01:35
I loved Nagoya when I was there last year. The people just seem so much more laid back and mannerly than their Tokyo counterparts. It was so mellow. Russ, do you remember how much we had to drink? I sure don't.

Kimpatsu
11th September 2003, 04:35
I loved Nagoya when I was there last year. The people just seem so much more laid back and mannerly than their Tokyo counterparts.
Try the Kansai. Even better. :D
This has been a *bump* service announcement.

Striking Hand
11th September 2003, 05:18
I might be holding a little get-together at the Shamrock(Kichijoji) in November.

There is a reason to celebrate, but first need to verify TJQ schedule as I think the Taikai might be on the weekend when I want to celebreate.

In which case the celebration happens after the Taikai at supper.

Seeya.

Don Roley
11th September 2003, 07:56
Hmmm...

I just found this delightful place just a few stops from Tokyo station that has Samual Adams beer, along with a whole lot of goodies that made it a fun day.

Doubt I could ever get a drinking party together just because the place had Sam Adams, but it is nice to know there is a place here that has it.

Kimpatsu
11th September 2003, 08:05
Draft or bottled? Nigiro cafe in Kichijoji has bottled Sam Adames, Rolling Rock, Tecate, and other beers from around the world.

Mekugi
11th September 2003, 08:19
I loved Nagoya when I was there last year. The people just seem so much more laid back and mannerly than their Tokyo counterparts. It was so mellow. Russ, do you remember how much we had to drink? I sure don't.

Before or after we went to the park and messed around with the thwacka sticks?

Man that was fun...

-R

Kimpatsu
18th September 2003, 04:56
Just to bump this thread to the top, which is obviously its proper place, let's start a countdown to the 28th.
Tell me again who's coming, and who wants to crash at my place?

Kimpatsu
19th September 2003, 02:25
*Bump*
So which of you alkies is staying at my place? I need to know how much cocaine to provide...

Steve Delaney
19th September 2003, 03:17
Ah the thrill of doing Jojutsu and Kenjutsu in the park while being pissed out of your skull!

Tony, it's a high probability that I'll be crashing.

Kimpatsu
19th September 2003, 03:19
Ah the thrill of doing Jojutsu and Kenjutsu in the park while being pissed out of your skull!

Tony, it's a high probability that I'll be crashing.
Before or after the drinking? :D
You can crash, but just don't burn.

Steve Delaney
19th September 2003, 03:22
Depends on how many cigars I've smoked that night, me hearty. ARRR!

Kimpatsu
19th September 2003, 03:47
Aarrr, me hearty.
If ye fart, ye are gonna walk the plank... :D

Steve Delaney
19th September 2003, 04:12
Hey what about if I snore? I remember at the last International Budo Seminar that one Argentinian guy wanted to kick me out of my billeted room because my snoring was distrubing everyone.

That was an embarrasment and a half. I've slept through thunderstorms, earthquakes and house parties before. One time when I was a teenager in London, I even slept through an IRA bombing!

Yer goin' ta hafta keel haul me instead boyo. Arrr.

Kimpatsu
19th September 2003, 04:14
Arr, a keelhalin' it be, then.
Snore all you like. I'm in the room next door and can play music to drown you out. If Russ stays over, though, you guys will be sharing, so you'll have to contend with him...

Steve Delaney
19th September 2003, 04:17
Shiver me timbers, that big bugger's comin' I fergot. I'm bringing the rum and the lash. Guess what that landlubber be bringin' ?

Kimpatsu
19th September 2003, 04:18
Shiver me timbers, that big bugger's comin' I fergot. I'm bringing the rum and the lash. Guess what that landlubber be bringin' ?
The auld Sod? :D

Steve Delaney
19th September 2003, 04:26
Aye that he be. :D

Kimpatsu
19th September 2003, 07:03
Aye that he be. :D
Arrr... :D

Kimpatsu
20th September 2003, 05:09
*Bump*
Next weekend, gentlemen... Prepare to drink each other under many tables...

Steve Delaney
21st September 2003, 10:18
:beer: :toot: :toast: :moon: :beer:

Kimpatsu
21st September 2003, 22:51
Bump.
As there are only six days to go to the forthcoming alcohol-sodden event, I'm going to keep the date fresh in everyone's mind by periodically bumping this thread.
He he.

Steve Delaney
22nd September 2003, 04:22
*BOING*

Whoops! How on earth did that happen? :D :beer: :toast:

BigJon
22nd September 2003, 14:03
Just out of curiosity...how much is it for a single Guiness draft? They are expensive enough here...but in Tokyo....I can't imagine.

Kimpatsu
22nd September 2003, 14:34
Originally posted by Jon G.
Just out of curiosity...how much is it for a single Guiness draft? They are expensive enough here...but in Tokyo....I can't imagine.
850 yen per pint. :beer:

BigJon
22nd September 2003, 15:01
That's about $7.60 (USD). -Per Pint,
I hope they know how to pour :D
Thanks Tony!

Kimpatsu
22nd September 2003, 15:28
That's about $7.60 (USD). -Per Pint,
I hope they know how to pour :D
Thanks Tony!
I've never met anyone in Japan who could pour a Guinness the way they do in Ireland, but they do a passable job.
If you're earning yen, 850 yen isn't so bad, Jon.
So, are you coming on Sunday?

monkeyboy_ssj
22nd September 2003, 15:54
I've never met anyone in Japan who could pour a Guinness the way they do in Ireland, but they do a passable job.
If you're earning yen, 850 yen isn't so bad, Jon.
So, are you coming on Sunday?

But can you pour it yourself and put a shamrock on top? ;)

When the lads were on the last Meet we went to a Guiness bar and the guy put the guiness harp on the top, now that was a good pint of imported Irish Guiness :)

Kimpatsu
22nd September 2003, 16:13
Originally posted by monkeyboy_ssj
But can you pour it yourself and put a shamrock on top? ;)
No, I can't personally.

When the lads were on the last Meet we went to a Guiness bar and the guy put the guiness harp on the top, now that was a good pint of imported Irish Guiness :)
But you're in London, Matt. This is Japan.

monkeyboy_ssj
22nd September 2003, 16:14

But you're in London, Matt. This is Japan.

I've put some in a Jiffy bag for you :D :toast:

Cheers!

Kimpatsu
22nd September 2003, 16:16
I've put some in a Jiffy bag for you :D :toast:
Cheers!
Thank you!
We'll have to hold a beerfest when I'm next in London.
Steve Williams Sensei will also come along. :toast:

monkeyboy_ssj
22nd September 2003, 16:18
Thank you!
We'll have to hold a beerfest when I'm next in London.
Steve Williams Sensei will also come along. :toast:

Ah tops!

Me and Mike are going to Denmark street to look at guitars this friday, i'll see about getting all the usual suspects together ;)

Do you know when abouts it will be mate???

Kimpatsu
22nd September 2003, 16:23
Me and Mike are going to Denmark street to look at guitars this friday, i'll see about getting all the usual suspects together ;)
The guitar shop in Denmark Street, Soho?

Do you know when abouts it will be mate???
Probably February.

monkeyboy_ssj
22nd September 2003, 16:26
The guitar shop in Denmark Street, Soho?

Those are the one's, both us work around there (Him in Holborn and me in Soho) and often go to dribble at the guitars and have a play ;)

Probably February.

Ah that gives us loads of time to figure out a masacre of drinking and eatting :D

Cheers

BigJon
22nd September 2003, 16:41
This Sunday no...but perhaps ina few months. Our head instructor is in Tokyo/Roppongi (sp?) now...so I MUST get over there sometime soon. I really dont care about the shamrock part...just the pour, size of the lines used, and a bartender who is humorous.

Kimpatsu
23rd September 2003, 01:26
This Sunday no...but perhaps ina few months. Our head instructor is in Tokyo/Roppongi (sp?) now...so I MUST get over there sometime soon. I really dont care about the shamrock part...just the pour, size of the lines used, and a bartender who is humorous.
OK, we'll save a bar stool for you next time. :toast:

Kimpatsu
23rd September 2003, 05:23
Just keeping this post at the top before John "The Slasher" Lindsey kills it off. :D
Now we have to go drinking on Sunday for me to drown my sorrows, as I just lost 4,000 points on my post count. :cry: :toast: :beer:

Kimpatsu
24th September 2003, 00:06
*Bump*
Only four days remaining... :toast: :beer:

Steve Delaney
24th September 2003, 04:26
Yup, time to get in training for drinking the black nectar of the gods. :D :beer: :toast:

BigJon
24th September 2003, 05:45
I really hope you don't mean BEAMISH, cuz that would mean that you are a pagan from Cork, Not a"believer" from Dublin...just kidding....(never been to either place..):D

Kimpatsu
24th September 2003, 05:50
I really hope you don't mean BEAMISH, cuz that would mean that you are a pagan from Cork, Not a"believer" from Dublin...just kidding....(never been to either place..):D
Feck, ye arse, ye... :beer:

Kimpatsu
25th September 2003, 00:59
*Bump*
Drink minus 3 days, and counting...
:toast: :beer: :toast:

Steve Delaney
25th September 2003, 01:11
I can taste the Guinness already. :beer:

Steve Delaney
26th September 2003, 01:15
*BLING BLING*

Just movin' her to the top once more.

Anyone else interested in coming?

Kimpatsu
26th September 2003, 05:24
*Bump*
Isn't Russ coming?
What about Robert?

Adam Young
26th September 2003, 05:30
I'm too lazy to search through the last 9 pages. Where is this Fructidorian Festival being held?

Steve Delaney
26th September 2003, 05:37
Tony,

Russ is definately coming, don't know about Robert though. You better give him a bell.

Adam, this is being held at the Hobgoblin in Roppongi.

Kimpatsu
27th September 2003, 01:34
*Bump*
Tomorrow, gentlemen, tomorrow...
:toast: :beer:

Steve Delaney
27th September 2003, 02:25
Sorry about this fellas, but it looks as though I won't be able to make it this month. A crapload of paperwork was landed on my lap last night and I won't be able to attend, as the deadline is next Monday.

Gutted am I. :redhot:

Kimpatsu
27th September 2003, 02:38
Ah, Steve, I just got an e-mail from Russ saying he can't make it, either. Robert is still AWOL and no one else ever signed up formally. Therefore, I think we'll have to cancel this week, and go with October. I'll start the thread after tomorrow's deadline has passed.
Note: If there in fact IS anyone else who still wants to make it, please sign in here immediately.
Until next month, gentlemen...

Steve Delaney
27th September 2003, 02:43
Really sorry about this bruv. :(

Let's make it October then.

Tripitaka of AA
28th September 2003, 12:35
This has been the most over-hyped Drink-Up of all time...

it just had to end with a "rain stopped play", one way or another.

Never seen so many Guiness Smileys on one thread before. Don't any of you dink the local varieties of lager any more?

Kimpatsu
28th September 2003, 14:28
Originally posted by Tripitaka of AA
This has been the most over-hyped Drink-Up of all time...

it just had to end with a "rain stopped play", one way or another.

Never seen so many Guiness Smileys on one thread before. Don't any of you dink the local varieties of lager any more?
You haven't been around long enough, David; htere have been longer, more intense threads on this subject.
But when you're as pissed as a newt, ike I am, yyoouu ssttaarrtt sseeiinngg ddoouubbllee wwiitthh eevveerryy ppoosstt...
:beer: :toast: