PDA

View Full Version : Contentious thread

Ade
8th September 2003, 15:02
After the last one about dating I really don't know if I should do this but...
Any thoughts on how we deal with dojo breakers/threats from outsiders during a lesson?

What am I doing?

Be cool.

Ade:cool:

Random
9th September 2003, 00:30
The legal system in America is so messed up that I would bet that if you actually beat them in your own dojo you would end up in court and probably on the looseing end of the legal hastle. I would think call the cops have the tresspassers removed.

David Dunn
9th September 2003, 01:06
Actually Ade, I think this is far less contentious :) You've got to defend yourself, your kenshi and your dojo.

Random, Ade doesn't need to call the police. He is the police. Joking aside, it isn't always an option to call the police. That's one of the reasons to learn self-defence surely?

Tripitaka of AA
9th September 2003, 08:41
Ade Sensei also posted this in the Member's Lounge forum, where it has picked up more responses... does that mean that Kenshi haven't come across this problem as much as other MAists? Or just a bigger audience there,

jonboy
9th September 2003, 10:20
Quick question - does dojo breaking normally consist of other MAists entering and saying 'MMM let's fight. I'll show you how bad your style is.' or does it come from people off the street looking for a fight?

David Dunn
9th September 2003, 10:29
David, I think it used to be a big problem in the States and often in Japan too. Kaiso was subject to many requests to prove his credibility, and Mizuno Sensei has been too. I think 'dojo yaburi' in the proper sense of trying to beat an instructor and pinch his or her students has been pretty rare in the UK.

David Dunn
9th September 2003, 10:33
Originally posted by jonboy
Quick question - does dojo breaking normally consist of other MAists entering and saying 'MMM let's fight. I'll show you how bad your style is.' or does it come from people off the street looking for a fight?

Originally dojo yaburi was a way to take students, by showing that you were a better fighter than their teacher.

sean dixie
9th September 2003, 17:21
Ade Sensei also posted this in the Member's Lounge forum, where it has picked up more responses... does that mean that Kenshi haven't come across this problem as much as other MAists? Or just a bigger audience there,

Nothing to do with bigger audiences, they just all know how hard we are!
:saw: