PDA

View Full Version : Sage advice

David Dunn
12th September 2003, 02:29
Here are some words from the Baghavad Gita, which I would do well to heed. Perhaps think about the sentiment before rushing into posting disagreements.

"One should not engender a division in the understanding of ignorant folk who are attached to their works; rather, knowing one should inspire them, performing all actions, himself disciplined." (3.26)

"One whose knowledge is complete should not disturb the dull-witted whose knowledge is incomplete." (3.29)

Thanks to Mr Hyde for providing them a while ago. I'm not sure they're the best translations, but the refs are there for the plenty of online versions.

While I'm here, anyone who can read Hannya Shinkyo (apols for spelling errors) for a closing ceremony in Bristol? Of course this presupposes you can also do a Howa on it. I can provide Ho No Embu, Sake and a night in the finest city in the West Country.

Tripitaka of AA
12th September 2003, 03:01
I shall, mindful of my lowly place on the ladder of knowledge, say but one thing in response to this thought-provoking post;

It is time you were in bed David Dunn! Now turn off that PC and go to your bedroom this minute, stop pretending to hand-wash your dogi, I can hear you typing :nono:

David Dunn
12th September 2003, 08:56
True Mr Noble. But I was working late, in lieu of my long weekend. I shall see the good folks of Mayfair dojo this evening and then enjoy what may be the last summers day in sunny Kent :D

I still didn't get the work finished.

sean dixie
12th September 2003, 11:35
Ha Ha! I've been on this forum pretty late myself oftimes and it's suprising the people you see here, knowing full well the're still in your time zone!

David N, your children I beleive are now a little older - shouldn't you start to again savour a full nights sleep?:D

Tripitaka of AA
12th September 2003, 18:47
You'd think so, wouldn't you ;) :D