PDA

View Full Version : Iai Swords for Sale

Scott Irey
22nd September 2003, 16:09
I have two swords for sale. A friend is thinning out his collection and asked me to sell these for him.

The first one is a Swordstore.com 3003 custom iaito. It is 29 5/8 inches long, black gloss saya, black silk ito, black silk sageo, solid silvr habaki, solid silver fuchi/kashira, solid silver menuki and an iron tsuba with a solid silver rim. The fittings are all dragon motif. Comes with a nice silk bag. He paid $1100 for it new and is willing to let it go for $600. I would buy it myself, but I already have more swords than I need.

The second is a Swordstore.com steel iaito. It is 28 1/4 inches long and is new in unused condition. This is the Iai-yo so it has a hi (groove) and is intended for iai practice but it will most definitely cut. The fuchi/kashira and tsuba are all arrowhead motif and the menuki are yoroi and naginata. The tsuba is iron, the fuchi/kashira and menuki are silver. The tsuka has black silk over same and the saya is black crackled lacquer with gold finished shitodome and a brown silk sageo. He paid $1388 for it and is willing to let it go for $1000. Nicely balanced with a good weight to it.

If you are interested in either of these and would like to see pictures, PM me and I will email you some pics.

Thanks,

Ron Rompen
23rd September 2003, 01:54
"....already have more swords than I need."

SACRILEGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no such thing as 'too many swords (or guns, or Pokemon cards, or whatever your favorite toy is). There is always at least ONE more that you need to finish out the collection, or to use as the pinnacle piece, or whatever.

Having said all that, I only wish that I had some disposable $$$ right now. There are some BEAUTIFUL swords being sold lately, and I can't afford ANY of them :-(

Scott Irey
24th September 2003, 15:56
Thanks for all the inquiries folks. Both swords have been sold. I will have some more stuff available in the near future and will post here again.

Regards,